PDA

View Full Version : First visit to the dentist in like...FOREVER

moosmom
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I've neglected my mouth and finally, after waiting 8 months, had my dentist appointment. The dentist is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!

I had my first visit with him when a noticeable filling fell out and had an emergency visit. I asked him if I could request him for next time (he gives
GREAT novacaine!) and he said yes.

So far, I have two cracked teeth in back and a couple of small cavities. One is 98% silver filling with not much tooth left. He said there's a cavity under the filling that's near the nerve. I'm going to need at least one root canal.

Although I absolutely hate going to the dentist (I have a low threshold for pain), this man has a golden touch when it comes to gtiving needles (of which I'm terrified of).

Hopefully, once he's done, I'll have the mouth of a movie star!!! :D :D :D

AdoreMyDogs
07-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I just went to the dentist for the first time in 2 years, too, Donna. I used to go every 6 months but since I moved to TX, I just hadn't bothered with it. I HATE dentists! They terrify me!

My dentist was very nice and all, but not drop dead gorgeous :) My Chiropractor is, though :D

And speaking of drop dead gorgeous doctors, I have a story that's NOT so pleasant....(and I hope this isn't offensive...if so I'll delete this post hehe)back in MI I specifically wanted a female OBGyn for the annual exams. I just felt more comfortable with a female doc., well my female doc walks in with a freeking Hollywood gorgeous, model gorgeous young male OBGyn intern who she asked if he could do my exam. I should have said no...it was the most awful experience EVER. Not only was it incredibly embarrassing, but he was nervous and had no experience and it hurt SO bad and it was just so freeking embarrassing. You do NOT want a young, smoking hot doc doing yearly exams for sure. I still kick myself that I didn't object to him using me as a guinea pig for his studies.

CathyBogart
07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't hate the dentist but I can't afford it, and it's been a good deal longer since I've seen one. :(

I'm really glad you found a dentist you're comfortable with!

moosmom
07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Leslie,

Your story reminds me of when I went to the emergency room because of my gall bladder.

I was waiting for the doctor to come in and talk to me. He came and brought along a, what else????? DDG resident with him. He explained that the ultrasound showed gallstones and said the gall bladder would have to come out. Then, he said, "So, when was the last time you had a good rectal examination???" I was MORTIFIED :eek: :eek: !! To add insult to injury, he had the resident do it!!!

AdoreMyDogs
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Leslie,

Your story reminds me of when I went to the emergency room because of my gall bladder.

I was waiting for the doctor to come in and talk to me. He came and brought along a, what else????? DDG resident with him. He explained that the ultrasound showed gallstones and said the gall bladder would have to come out. Then, he said, "So, when was the last time you had a good rectal examination???" I was MORTIFIED :eek: :eek: !! To add insult to injury, he had the resident do it!!!

LOL what doesn't kill us makes us stronger :rolleyes: The indignity we girls have to go threw sometime...jeez it's just so unfair!

angelbow20
07-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I took my son to the dentist for the first time and his teeth were great! He was so perfect that the dentist gave him extra prizes and also took pics of his teeth because they said his teeth were so perfect and grawing in great and that its very hard to find a child with such nice teeth! I was so proud to hear the good news and he doesnt have any decay or anything starting even though he eats to much sugar :rolleyes:

RedHedd
07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I had a DDG dentist for about 30 years; he retired a couple of years ago and I still miss him. He gave good dentistry :D I never had pain and his work was flawless. Many of the bridges he installed in me have lasted for 20 or so years. I miss him but still go to his office. The female dentist he sold his business to is just as good and he drops in every once in a while and surprises me.