PDA

View Full Version : Adoptable Kitty? ...or not

caffeitina
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Well...at least he'd make a better protector than most dogs. LOL!

Burger The Cat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_3EZWkM1c)

aki
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

poor thing must be terrified to act like that :eek:

~Aki

caffeitina
07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

poor thing must be terrified to act like that :eek:

~Aki

I know. I've never seen a cat that mad :eek:

moosmom
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Aw, poor baby. He's terrified! When I as watching it, the noise that poor thing made scared the crap out of my cats! I do hope they find him a good home.

Pawla
07-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I wonder what he's been through! Squeak was mad when I brought the kittens inside last week, but even she didn't act that bad!

Catty1
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Even at the really nice kennel I worked at, some cats would turn into absolute TERRORS - pilling had to be done with two people and one pair of heavy suede up-to-the mid forearm gloves.

Second visit usually was better (not always).

Hopefully this video will HELP Burger find a home. I didn't watch the whole thing - does anyone know what shelter this is? I would drop them a note and ask them...poor baby.

Grace
07-10-2007, 11:08 AM
That poor baby - he must be scared out of his mind. This kind of stuff makes me cry.

Catty1
07-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, I went through the comments below the video. Some are up to 9 months old. Another person said the video clip was stolen from AFV - America's Funniest Home Videos.

There are some intelligent comments in the list...and some a****les also.

I would hope the cat has found a home by now - though some viewers said that since the cat has tags, it is likely in a vet clinic.

I didn't watch - but apparently someone was hassling the cat as well. A vet posted and said he would fire any member of his staff who would do that.

Hopefully Burger has a home....

DJFyrewolf36
07-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Sadly, I have seen cats act like that working at a pet store. They handled adoptions for two very good local shelters and I know the cats weren't mistreated but sometimes those poor cats had really crummy lives before they got there and the stress of a shelter didn't help matters much.

Hopefully the kitty got over his stress and is feeling better.

Kalei
07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't even want to know what humans have done to that cat to make it so distraut. It is obviously extremely terrified of people, which is so sad. :(

CathyBogart
07-10-2007, 12:13 PM
We got cats like him at my clinic sometimes. I hate how everyone there seems to be assuming he was mistreated....some cats just freak when they're in a cage in an unfamiliar place. There are things that place (be it shelter or clinic) could do to make him more comfortable though.

Medusa
07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Y'know, it's odd but maybe nothing happened to him other than perhaps someone was tormenting him at the time. Believe me when I tell you that's how Puddy used to behave when I took her to the vet. She would dig her claws into the bottom of the carrier and my vet would have to remove the top of it, throw a towel over her and pry her claws out of the carrier. She's older now and not nearly as bad; at times, she's downright lovable. But I can assure you, I never did anything to make Puddy that way. Watching that video didn't make me laugh; it made me cry. Burger was scared, pure and simple and being in the cage and filmed yet didn't help any. God, I wish I hadn't seen this video.

Catty1
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
One comment on the video that seemed accurate - simply by the guy's 'tone' of writing - indicates this cat was at a vet. According to him, the owners closed their automatic garage door, and Burger got caught under it...by his neck for a few hours. The poster was saying, in effect, 'stop laughing, this cat's going to be traumatized for life!'

Hopefully he was healed and is back with his family...I could not find anything on Google....

catmandu
07-10-2007, 06:44 PM
That Sadly Was What Pouncer Roccalno Was Like When Dale Of The Animal Welfare Caught Her.
Now Shes In The Basement Hiding But Using The Litter Box A Lot More And Making Friends With The Found Cats.
I Hope She Will Be My Friend One Day.

Catlady711
07-10-2007, 08:48 PM
We got cats like him at my clinic sometimes. I hate how everyone there seems to be assuming he was mistreated....some cats just freak when they're in a cage in an unfamiliar place. There are things that place (be it shelter or clinic) could do to make him more comfortable though.

Oh yeah, BTDT before.

When I hear one scream like that it usually means I go get the leather gloves and towel before I even see the cat. My Jack acts almost that bad and has to be muzzled and no one else will go near him, they tell me 'he's your cat YOU handle him'. :eek: But honestly he's never that bad at home!

With some cats that act like that in a cage, if you hang a towel over the front of the cage so they can't see the other animals and it's nice and dark in there, some do calm down a bit. In the video you'll notice that the cat did the majority of the screaming when someone stepped up to his cage.

CathyBogart
07-11-2007, 01:27 AM
We used to spritz a TON of feliway on a towel and then hang it over a kitty's cage if they were acting that terrified. On some cats, it worked miracles, others weren't about to relax for anything.

catmandu
07-11-2007, 02:31 PM
That One Thing I Could Try On Pouncer Roccalno And Thats Feli Way.
Although Its Only Me Shes Afraid Of She Gets On Well With The Found Cats Who Go Down Into The Basement To Visit.

jennielynn1970
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
OH that poor cat! He's terrified to be in a cage! My foster Furbee acts and sounds the same way. Which is why she will never be able to be in the adoption center at PetSmart or at any of the adoption days. She screams like you are tearing her apart.

Poor Burger... I hope he is back home and not so terrified anymore.