PDA

View Full Version : Small update on Gina

Taz_Zoee
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, first let me apologize for not posting sooner. But I have been pretty busy the past few days. Ok, what I'm about to tell you is all the info I've been given by Gina herself. I'm not about to pry to find out anymore than she's willing to let me know on her own.
Her friend was found and is in "okay" condition. Gina cannot stay at her place so I have found her place for her and all her furbabies to stay while she is here in California. It's not the best conditions, but it's shelter and has air conditioning....since it's been in the 100's around here lately!! :eek: Oh yeah, and she has a pool for her and Crayola to swim in. :D
Unfortunately, she has limited access to the internet, so I can't promise you she will post. But who knows, she may surprise us. ;)
One of the main reasons for Gina's visit to California was to have surgery done on her knee. She should be having that done soon and would appreciate any thoughts and prayers you could spare. I will let you know the date of the surgery when it is scheduled.

Thank you to everyone who has kept Gina and her ark in your thoughts. Please know it is greatly appreciated.

Alysser
07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Thank you for updating us Taz_Zoee. You have helped Gina so much, you're certainly a great friend. I really hope Gina and her ark keep progressing. It's great they found a place. :)

Karen
07-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for letting us know, and that's so nice of you that you found her a place to stay as well. I bet Crayola especially appreciates the pool!

Catty1
07-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Hugs and best wishes to Gina...I hope she will be back to dancing in no time!

How great you found a place for her. With AC yet! :)

I hope she is able to get out of hospital fairly quickly to check on her Ark. I know her friend would have done it, but things have changed.

Still, all good news. :)

Taz_Zoee
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
When surgery time comes her ark will be in good hands. There are people around her that will make sure of it. OK fine...I'll just tell you! ;) She is staying at my parents house in their motorhome. My brother and his family live right next door so my youngest niece keeps Gina company. Not to mention my niece LOVES animals, so she thinks this is the greatest thing! :) And I will be visiting as often as I can too. Thank you all!

Ginger's Mom
07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
You and your family are angels. {Hugs}

G535
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Agree with that!!

Glad Gina and furkids have somewhere safe to stay. :)

rg_girlca
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you so much for being such a great friend to Gina and for your family for putting her and her ark up in her time of need.

Please let Gina know, that prayers are being sent out that her surgery goes well and that she has a full and speedy recovery and when you see her, please give her a big hug from me. :D

K9karen
07-08-2007, 11:16 PM

Double Ditto! You're a terrific friend and have definitely earned your wings! I'm glad Gina and her furkids are doing OK!

crow_noir
07-09-2007, 04:00 AM
Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that everyone is... safe.

Cataholic
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I know we aren't really allowed to ask questions of this particular situation, but, I cannot help but ponder these things: why would you travel across the country with all your pets? Why would you have surgery at a place (location) that you don't live in? I mean, I wouldn't drive to some place in Michigan to have surgery. Am I just odd? Why isn't there some permanent living arrangement?

Just thoughts I wonder at 2 am.

Husky_mom
07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
glad to hear shes fine......... lets hope everything goes well with her surgery

and for a possible response to you qīs??..... why travel all the eay to
Cali? she has no family back wehre she lives, all her family/friends are in Cali, so she might need a hand or two once she has the surgery done.....

why travel with pets? maybe she has no one to care for all of them or she just doesnīt wants to leave them behind.... besides sheīs traveled with them before so what īs one more time.........

Crayola is a must and the kitties are fine traveling... so why not take what you consider home with you all across the country??..........

just my conclusions........anyway why she does this or that is not my concern, one may wonder but thatīs the way she does things and thats that

(not trying to sound rude at all, just making my point of view, itīs really hard to describe thing while only typng isnīt it ;))

Catty1
07-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I think Gina is from CA originally...so maybe she still has insurance there or something.

I guess after this trip she can decide on bringing pets on her next one. Crayola's a given, of course.

She had accomodation for them lined up in CA, but that really went sideways. Something to think about, for sure!

dukedogsmom
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear she and her critters have a safe place to stay. I hope her surgery goes well. And I'm really glad the ark will have people to take great care of them. Sounds like things are improving.

phesina
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
What a wonderful solution for a place for Gina and her beloved furbabies! Taz_Zoeee, you and your family deserve to be nominated for sainthood, you are such good, caring friends to them. God bless you all.

Please tell Gina we are all thinking of her and praying for her with her upcoming surgery, and we send our love.

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, the one and only Elmer, and of course Priscilla Angel

When surgery time comes her ark will be in good hands. There are people around her that will make sure of it. OK fine...I'll just tell you! ;) She is staying at my parents house in their motorhome. My brother and his family live right next door so my youngest niece keeps Gina company. Not to mention my niece LOVES animals, so she thinks this is the greatest thing! :) And I will be visiting as often as I can too. Thank you all!

Taz_Zoee
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Thank you all. :)

Catty1 is right about why she is having surgery done here. And I believe Husky_mom probably answered the question about bringing the pets as well.

I will make sure Gina knows you are all thinking about her. :D

CathyBogart
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey Gina, I'm glad to hear that you'll be back in the area, I hope things start looking up for you and the ark!

sandragonfly
07-12-2007, 03:03 PM
like tazzoee said, one of few reasons why I came to california, and it is the last one. yes, it's because of eligibility here, and I did not expected to have a surgery by now, only consultations but surprisingly from my final consultation recently, they will schedule me for one at end week of this month.

sorry I have been slacking on posting - missing cats, the news of friend, loss of the place, working on an incoming surgery, and got in car accident two days ago. my car I needed trip back new york is now gone.. I just don't know what to say, just am in the country with worst signal. :( the only positive thing I can say, crayola did fine in rental car, was very frightened at first, thank god.

thank you tazzoee for updating everyone in this thread while I am unable to - I might will make another thread when I know an accurate date of my surgery, and thank you everyone.

Catty1
07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi, Gina - I hope your insurance company can help you with a car, but I know it is quite a process to get everything going.

Good to hear from you, that everything is going along (except for the car accident).

Hope you can relax and get ready to heal up.

HUGS!

crow_noir
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
*hugs*

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Gina, glad to hear you are doing somewhat better! Hopefully all will go well with the car and your insurance will take care of everything. Taz, I am so glad you and your family are helping out big *HUGS* to you! I wish I could do more myself.

Good luck on the surgery and all, Gina. My prayers are with you! If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to text me or call (you do have my number still?)

Whisk_Luva
07-13-2007, 02:22 AM
(((Hugs))) Gina!

sandragonfly
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
thankyou everyone ((hugs back too!)) and yes, do still have your number krista. :)

I have a good news, (this late :o) my car is NOT totalled and can be repaired, but would take a pretty while to get my thunderetta back.. before the surgery I believe, thankfully! :D :D