PDA

View Full Version : Livvy update

AmberLee
07-22-2002, 02:13 AM
A friend of my sister stopped by today, and I learned Livvy came from a litter from her home. I was dumbfounded to learn that Livvy's mother is primarily white with gray points Siamese and that her name was Licorice. I'd always thought Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni was all Maine Coone and Brown Tabby mix!

Oh, the surprises cats can give us! :cool: :eek:

Do you think Livvy's Siamese heritage is obvious? :confused:

Former User
07-22-2002, 02:41 AM
Well, I'm not an expert, but doesn't seem obvious to me. Maine Coon is obvious yes! Well, whatever she is, we love her!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-22-2002, 11:48 AM
She looks like my Leonardo so I think she is adorable no matter what she is.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Yes, she is adorable, and we would love her no matter what she was, but I would have never in my wildest dreams guessed she had Siamese ancestory. Maine Coone and brown tabby sound more like it to me. :eek: ;) :D

I guess this means I can't assume Peanut is part Maine Coone either. Hmmm....wonder what she is then. ;) :D

Former User
07-22-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I guess this means I can't assume Peanut is part Maine Coone either. Hmmm....wonder what she is then. ;) :D

She is one of the most adorable cats on Pet Talk Debbie! :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-22-2002, 02:11 PM
I am the blue-eyed, blond daughter of brown-eyed brunettes parents. I grew up being called the milkman's daughter (which was VERY confusing as I was sure my father was an engineer!!!)

Genetics are interesting but I do know this...Livvy is a gorgeous ball of fur! Has she let you out of "kitty abandonment jail" yet??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty

She is one of the most adorable cats on Pet Talk Debbie! :)

Gee <blushing> thanks, Niina. :) I'll be sure and let her know that when I get home tonight. :)

TheAntiPam
07-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I love the picture of Peanut in your avatar - do you have a big photo of that same picture? I'd love to include it in my collection of great kitty photos!

As for heritage - I always figure my cats are Summa cats - Summa dis and Summa dat!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Yes, I have two photos actually. This first one is the original picture that the avatar was cropped from.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p64d2e910e4015acd6ddf692db0367b3e/fd805d58.jpg

And this next one is the actual picture that I shrunk down for the avatar.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p9c5e2692e32749d9232a45f5bf288fa3/fd805d4f.jpg

I hope these work for you. Seems the second one isn't crystal clear. If you don't have software to sharpen it up let me know and I'll see what I can do here. Thanks for being so sweet and inlcuding her in your great kitty photos. :)

Oh, and all you should have to do is right click on either photo and then save it on your computer. If this doesn't work (because of Imagestation or something) let me know and I can email them to you.

AmberLee
07-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
...Livvy is a gorgeous ball of fur! Has she let you out of "kitty abandonment jail" yet??

Great timing on your question. Just this morning I was greeted with 'kitty kisses' and we had a rapturous reunion. (Apparently the last week and a half didn't count?) Or the bribes of cat toys from the cat show were sufficient... :rolleyes:

It was delightful to have her highness tromp across my chest and shoulders again!

P.S. I agree that Peanut is breath-taking, whatever her breed is. Great photos, by the way.

TheAntiPam
07-22-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the photos - an excellent example of posing the animal by a window to take advantage of the daylight.

I love those fluffy kitties - Livvy, Peanut, so many others - so soft and warm and loving!

yorkster
07-26-2002, 12:28 AM
How did I miss this thread?

Siamese??? No way! I guess that if her Mum is, then Livvy must have some in her. She DOES look pretty M. Coon though. Maybe her daddy is MC?
I'm glad to hear that she has forgiven you :)

toastco
07-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Livvy looks Maine Coon to me. Looks just like my Shadow which I'v always said is Maine Coon. But like the rest of you are saying, Maybe we can't assume our Maine Coons are full blooded maine Coons. Peanut is just adorable too!! Peanut looks like a Maine Coon to me;) We all really don't care if they are or not, we love them all dearly.
Mom of Shadow and six other babies as well as three dogs

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2002, 11:33 PM
I just now saw this thread. Livvy sure doesn't look like she has any siamese in her at all. She must take after her father in the looks department. Whatever she is she sure is beautiful. Debbie, I also love the pics of Peanut. She's gorgeous. :)

NoahsMommy
08-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Livvy sure is a cutie! I agree with the others...tabby maine coon. Noah is the same kind, just the orange variety. :)

Peanut is a beautiful kitty, I've always loved that picture of her. :)