PDA

View Full Version : Someone called animal control!!!

moosmom
07-07-2007, 05:20 PM
I was at work today when our MOD Ben, walked in and said Animal Control was looking my car over. :confused:

I guess they saw the cat carrier and thought I left my cat in the hot car. :eek: They were going around the parking lot checking parked cars to make sure no pets were left in hot vehicles.

I started laughing hysterically. My friend Kate said, "Boy they sure don't know YOU, do they??"

Although I'm VERY glad they were checking, I thought it bizarre.

Kirsten
07-07-2007, 05:22 PM
OMG, they really don't know you!!

But like you said, it's good that they care about things like that!

Kirsten

Zippy
07-07-2007, 05:32 PM
That's wonderful that are checking cars but Your car is not one they have to worry about.

Kalei
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I can relate to you, I keep a cat carrier in the back seat of my car all the time just in case I ever need it suddenly, but its always empty lol. I hope no one ever thinks I have a cat in there and break into my car.

Catty1
07-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Just make sure the wire front is facing a window so someone can easily see that the inside is empty.

I'm impressed that there are Animal Control people who check cars! Yay!

moosmom
07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm very glad they are doing their job. My daughter, in her never ending wisdom said, "Gee Mom, do ya think that's any indication your car needs cleaning out???" Very funny. :p Always the proverbial smart@$$. Think she takes after me??

CathyBogart
07-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Once my old boss left a cat carrier in the back of his car and someone smashed his window!! :mad: I WISH they had thought to call animal control.

Catty1
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Always the proverbial smart@$$. Think she takes after me??

naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.......... :p

moosmom
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I took the carrier out of my car because I have to drive my best friend to the airport at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow (5 am!! :eek: ).

I always keep the carrier and cat food in my car. Ya never know when you might come upon a stray cat that needs help, right??

AdoreMyDogs
07-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Jeez Donna, would you just stop neglecting those cats already? :p

Daisy and Delilah
07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
They surely don't know you Donna.

Can you send some of them down my way? We need more attention paid to these situations. Kudos to the Animal Control people!! :)

Marigold2
07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
I think it great that they check cars. As we all know there are horrible, heartless and brainless people who would leave their pets in cars. There was a story several years ago on how a grandfather left his two grandsons in the car. He forgot they were there and both died. Theys suffered horrible deaths. I think as pet lovers it might be a good idea to check the cars next to you on these horrible hot days.