PDA

View Full Version : They deserve a chance.

Medusa
07-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I read this article about a married couple who started a haven for animals that other people had given up on. They met in a park while she was walking her dog and she learned that he had 6 cats. (Definitely a plus in my book.) They got married, quit their corporate jobs , used up all their savings to purchase 160 acres in Montana where they started Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary. They started by taking in a blind horse that wouldn't even lift her had because her spirit had been broken. They eventually got the horse to trust and soon more animals came to them. Now they have 40 dogs, 30 horses and 10 cats. They adopt the animals out, if possible; if not, they stay there forever. Their main objective is to keep the animals safe. I think these people are incredible and, if you already know about this ranch, I apologize for the repeat. For those of you who aren't familiar w/this place, check out their website at: www.rollingdogranch.org.

Randi
07-07-2007, 09:17 AM
What an absolutely wonderful place for all these animals! I hope they get lots of money and volunteers, so they can continue this work. :)

catmandu
07-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Anyone Who Does The Work For These Cats And Dogs Gets High Marks At The Found Cat Paradise Hotel.
Someone Has To Take Care Of The Compamions That So Many People Ignore And Do Not Care For.

Kalei
07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
These people are blessings from God.

jennielynn1970
07-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Now that is what I call the best job on earth! Imagine being being able to do that!

phesina
07-07-2007, 04:30 PM
What a wonderful place, and what wonderful people to be doing this.

moosmom
07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
What a dream job!!! I wish them every success. Those animals do deserve a second chance.

CultureJunky
07-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Oh I have seen this website before and I was so touched by what they do.
That is such a dream way of life.
Perhaps all of us on PT if we clubbed together all our money and sold our houses we could purchase land and all live together with our animals! Lol

Seriously, these people are wonderful and are true saints.

momcat
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Thank God there are folks out there willing to do everything possible to help rejected, unwanted animals! These people have earned a very special place in heaven and I pray for their continued success!