PDA

View Full Version : Blah, I'm sick :(

AdoreMyDogs
07-07-2007, 06:44 AM
My husband was kind enough to give me his cold for my Birthday :( I feel like crap-ola and I absolutely can NOT sleep when I have any congestion. Here I am, going on 2 hours of sleep, and Quinn is due to wake up in an hour or so. I can't take benedryl to help me sleep because I nurse and anything with antihystime (sp?) dries up milk supply so I can only take Sudafed which does about as much as a placebo.

I absolutely need sleep but I can never, ever sleep with any kind of congestion. Blah I hate being sick :( The worst part is that Quinn, with her immature baby immune system, is probablly going to be coming down with this bug either today or tomorrow :( My poor baby.

Hellow
07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
OOO, sorry that your sick. Lets hope that Quinn Dosent get sick. :(

Randi
07-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy, hopefully your baby won't get it, or at least not so bad.

Have you tried laying on two pillows instead of just one? That will help you breathe better.

Hope you get well soon! :)

jennielynn1970
07-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Awe... that would stink if I could not take an antihistamine for congestion!

Can you go in the shower and do steams to open your sinuses up?? That might help a lot. I also have one of those sinus cleanse things, where it's technically just salt and warm water, but you can lean over a sink and irrigate your sinuses. There's not any meds in it, so it should help!

crow_noir
07-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Taking a REALLY HOT shower usually helps me to get decongested. (Don't be afraid to make obnoxious sounds and stuff in the shower. You need to get better. To be frank... hawk(sp?) the lewgies out. Whatever gets that stuff out of your system.)

I hope you get some rest.

Karen
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Have you tried sleeping sitting up? That's how I always have to sleep when really congested.

Maresche
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Vicks' Baby Rub works very well for a congested baby and the adult version works well for grown ups too. Both are topical and are safe for B-feeding moms. Mimi was practically covered in Vicks' Baby until her 2nd b-day.

AdoreMyDogs
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the get-well wishes, everyone :) I actually cleared it out pretty quick. My worst problem when sick is sleeping, but the first day I made it on only 2 hours of sleep, but was able to sleep a solid 6 hours the next night, and last night I slept 8 hours, so I think I'm almost back to normal.

I try to sleep propped up a bunch on pillows when I'm congested and nothing seems to help me sleep, not even Tylenol PM. This is the first time I've been sick with a baby and it's different because now I have to stay coherent and active to give Quinn the attention she needs.

I am now nursing a sick baby girl back to health :( She caught the cold that my hubby gave to me :( She is resting peacefully now that she was given infant Tylenol. I tried to give her the infant nasal decongestants and they didn't make her any less miserable, but the Tylenol seemed to do the trick, as she is in better spirits and able to sleep peacefully. Hopefully she'll kick it out of her system quickly like I did. I know the cool mist humidifier is helping both of us, too. I keep it in her room during the night and the living room with both of us during the day.

My poor sneezy baby girl with her little congested, drippy nose and watery eyes :(

AdoreMyDogs
07-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Vicks' Baby Rub works very well for a congested baby and the adult version works well for grown ups too. Both are topical and are safe for B-feeding moms. Mimi was practically covered in Vicks' Baby until her 2nd b-day.

If she's still stuffy by tonight when hubby gets home, I'll have him go and buy Vick's Baby Rub. Thanks for the good idea :) I have a feeling the cool mist humidifier will clear her congestion quickly. When she was just under a week old she got a cold (again my hubby gave it to her hehe) and she cleared it so quickly because of the humidifier. They are WONDERFUL things those cool mist humidifiers!

Craftlady
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Glad she is feeling better.
Just an idea, I'd get a couple hospital masks (for mom/dad)to help not spread colds.