PDA

View Full Version : Ever wondered....pics

Glacier
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Ever wondered what a ton of dog food looks like? I'm sure it's a burning question for many of you! :p :D

Well, wonder no more. Here's your answer:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/ton.jpg
Just over 2000 pounds of kibble!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/helpers.jpg
My very bossy supervisors. I couldn't find anyone to help unload it, but I plenty of supervisors making sure I did it right! Must have worked: I got it all stacked before the rain started and only ripped one bag.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/stacked.jpg
Anvik making sure I stacked it correctly in the "Kitchen"...which in some other life was a greenhouse!

I shouldn't have to go to the feed store for awhile!

finn's mom
07-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow! You are a strong woman! I like that they were all hanging around the food truck. :) So funny!

Freedom
07-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh my! And just who is that trying to get in the opened passenger door? How often do you do this run, four times per year? I do wish you would recruit some helpers with the hauling and lugging!

joycenalex
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
tamara, income equals out go....but don't post that picture :eek: and who is telling you about it in the lower right corner?

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
:D

The KibbleMobile has arrived ... we EAT tonight! :)

Question ???
How do you ensure the local Wildlife - Mice, Squirrels, Racky-Koons, etc don't
enter The Kitchen, munch a hole in a bag, and chow down?

I made the mistake of leaving a 35# bag of Dawg Krunch in the trunk of the Bus one night ...
the next day the durn Mices had a hole chewed through the plastic bag, and
krunchies strewn all OVER the trunk ... along with a generous sprinkling of
"lil black bits" ... wonder where they found the Pepper? :p

Glacier
07-07-2007, 12:41 AM
who is telling you about it in the lower right corner?

That's Founder telling me to hurry up or something...he's always got something to say about just about everything!

It's Earle sneaking into the truck.

Lady's Human
07-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Phred,

If you was a small 4 legged critter, would you try to get into THAT kitchen?

I think I'd find another dinner. :p

Glacier
07-07-2007, 01:03 AM
:D

Question ???
How do you ensure the local Wildlife - Mice, Squirrels, Racky-Koons, etc don't
enter The Kitchen, munch a hole in a bag, and chow down?

The open bags go into big metal barrels so they are critter proof(assuming I put the lids back on right!) The barrels hold three bags at a time.

We don't have Raccoons up here so no need to worry about them. It's been quite a while since a squirrel got out of this yard alive! The huskies enjoy a good squirrel hunt! Only suicidal squirrels venture into this yard anymore! The mice frequently meet the same end. Some of the dogs are better mousers than the cats!

The only critter I have real trouble with keeping out of the dog food is the ravens! I think I have all the holes they were using blocked off now. Ravens get into everything!

BC_MoM
07-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Woo! ACANA! :D I just had a box of puppy food (Chicken, rice & oatmeal) arrive today... dang, it's gonna be a lot of food for a FOSTER. I wonder how long the rescue thinks she's staying here. haha

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-07-2007, 02:23 AM
That's sure a lot of food! Looks like the dogs were happy. :D

AdoreMyDogs
07-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Wowwie! I don't believe I've ever seen a ton of kibble before. I bet that ton of kibble took a huge bite out of your bank account!!! :eek: :eek:

Glacier
07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
How often do you do this run, four times per year?

Twice a year. If I fed only kibble it would be four at least. I feed alot of meat and fish too.

Glacier
07-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I bet that ton of kibble took a huge bite out of your bank account!!! :eek: :eek:

That it did! Along with the entire bottle of Drontal I picked up right before I went to the feed store!