PDA

View Full Version : The 'new' cat in my life...

Russian Blue
07-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Not really 'new', but I barely get to see him. I would love to call him my own, but he's the neighbourhood cat at my sister's house. I don't get over there often, but I was able to go over there recently.

He was born to a feral mother and the neighbourhood instantly adopted him. The mailman keeps an eye out for stray/feral cats and gets them spay/neutered, then they all pitch in on either adopting them out and/or making sure they are up on their shots and fed.

This cat is absolutely adorable and LOVES attention! I'd bring him home in a heartbeat, but he's an outdoor cat at heart and though others have tried, he won't be an indoor cat. So the neighbourhood looks out for him and he goes between a few houses and gets fed, taken to the vet, gets a lion's cut in the summer and has a few comfy places to sleep. In other words, he's totally pampered. He looks like a King because he IS the King of that community.

Meet King!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/KittyFace3Framesmall.jpg

He loves belly rubs :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/KittyBellyRubFramesmall.jpg

Look into my eyes....you will love me and feed me and treat me like a King. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/KittyFaceFramesmall.jpg

catmandu
07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
We Are Betting That Nakita Angel Has Been Telling The King How Nice You And Rob Are And That Theres Fine Dining To Be Had For A Regal Meeeeeeeooooooowwww And Headbump.
Thats Nice That This Cat Has Booth Freedom And The Run Of The Neighborhood.
I Think In The Long Run It May Be Better If Someone Kept Him In.
Theres Always A Chance Of A Fast Car Or A Mean Dog And We Would Hate To See Anything Happen To That Handsome Charmer.

phesina
07-06-2007, 06:59 PM
What a fine-looking monarch!

Catty1
07-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh, what a BEAUTIFUL cat! I would love to bring him indoors long enough for a big furry cuddle and a tummy rub! :)

I am glad King is so well looked-after, and obviously loved by many people there!

jenluckenbach
07-06-2007, 08:19 PM
What a handsome fellow.

Donnaj4962
07-06-2007, 10:47 PM
He is ADORABLE! He looks quite happy in those arms!

moosmom
07-06-2007, 10:52 PM
What a beautiful boy he is!!!

I'm SURE Nakita is watching out for him. What a wonderful thing that he's cared for by all the neighbors.

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2007, 04:15 AM
He is gorgeous! I'm amazed that he lets people pick him up and give him cuddles! That is great though, it means that people can catch him to get him to the vet if he needs it, and who knows, maybe when he is a little older he will decide that the indoor life is more comfortable after all.

CultureJunky
07-07-2007, 05:54 AM
That is such a cool story! I love it when you see stories of how cats capture people's hearts. And he truly is a King amongst men!

Medusa
07-07-2007, 08:38 AM
What a handsome king! I would love it if all my cats could do outdoors and be safe. He has the best of both worlds, lucky guy. And what a great neighborhood to live in!

Kalei
07-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Wow, you have an amazing neighbourhood, I wish there were people who cared about animals here. It is so wonderful to know that an outdoor cat is being looked after by all the neighbours together, such a great thing. And King does certainly look like a King:D

Randi
07-07-2007, 10:42 AM
What a gorgeous boy he is!! It's great that the whole neighborhood is looking after him, wish it was like that here. King is just the name for him. :D

jennielynn1970
07-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow! What a gorgeous boy he is! Those eyes just suck you right in!

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2007, 10:47 PM
He's so handsome.:D What a great neighborhood. I'm so glad to hear that he's well taken care of.:) When the time is right you'll find another kitty to love.:)