PDA

View Full Version : Killer Keva

wolf_Q
07-06-2007, 05:32 PM
That's her new nickname. :rolleyes: My mom called me at work today and told me about the event that happened this morning. Keva caught some sort of flying animal in mid-air...my mom thought it was a big moth/butterfly. She chased her all around the yard to get it out of her mouth. Turns out it was a hummingbird! :eek: They are such fast little birds I have no idea how she managed that. I've heard stories of huskies catching birds like that, but Nebo never has. There's a robin nest in our yard and the two adult robins chase the dogs all over the yard and dive-bomb them. I hope the robins won't get the same fate, they chose the wrong yard to build their nest in. :( RIP little hummingbird!

Karen
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Wow, Keva, that's impressive! Oh, um, rest in peace little hummer.

tikeyas_mom
07-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah Tikeya is notorious for jumping up and catching birds in mid air.. Its really horrid I know.. Must be a female sibe thing? Tikeya has caught a Magpie, Robin, and once a Bluejay!! :eek: Lemme tell ya, It was traumatising.
RIP little hummingbird.

RobiLee
07-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Both of my girls are pretty good at catching birds. It's not pleasant but they are dogs and nature will take its course. I hope you didn't get too upset with Keva.

If Killer Keva gets to be too much to handle you can send her my way ;) :D

RIP Little Hummingbird.

Hugs and kisses to all three of the furkids please!

wolf_Q
07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
No I didn't get mad at her (I was at work when it happened anyway) that's just what dogs (huskies especially :rolleyes: ) do. Though my mom wasn't too happy with her after she had to chase her all over the yard. Robin you have no idea what you'd be in for if I sent you Keva, LOL. :p

k9krazee
07-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh Keva, that's not very nice!! RIP lil' hummingbird.

The Hoodlums got a Cardinal the other day :(

manda_moo87
07-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Holy smokes! Wow, she must be pretty fast. :eek:
Poor little birdy...