PDA

View Full Version : The expense of Wii's *photo added!!*

BC_MoM
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM
So, my brother bought a Wii today. Needless to say, I suck. My Dad on the other hand.....

He was playing a game of tennis, when all of a sudden I heard a loud crack. I turn around, and a piece from the fluorescent light on the CEILING was whacked off!!! http://www.bcrescue.org/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.bcrescue.org/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ETA: Here is a photo... http://www.bcrescue.org/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://i10.tinypic.com/5xfk4yx.jpg

Sirrahsim
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
:D hehe :D We have a Wii too and love it :)
At first I thought it was silly that they warn you to wear the wrist strap all of the time but after one rather spirited game of Baseball I discovered why :D :D

Karen
07-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Hee hee - at least he could yell at "you kids!"

jennielynn1970
07-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Ok, so I'm a total nerd when it comes to video stuff... I've never played video games. Like since ATARI and Frogger came out.

Was he angry or something that he hit the light with the controler thingy or whatever?? I have no idea what the wii thing looks like, but geez... doesn't seem like you should be throwing it around if it's so expensive.

BC_MoM
07-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Nope! He just had his hand up in the air to "hit" the tennis ball. He wasn't angry until after he hit the fluorescent light.. haha.

By the way, there is no damage to the Wiimote. :rolleyes:

Kalei
07-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Ooooh you are so lucky! I want a Wii so bad, right now we still have a game cube, the only reason I don't have a Wii yet is because it is so darn expensive. Whatever happened to the days when parents could actually afford game systems as christmas gifts?

Jessika
07-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Thats when you say "USE THE WRIST STRAPS!! USE THE WRIST STRAPS!!" hehehe

Pembroke_Corgi
07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Haha, that's funny. :D

jennielynn1970
07-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Nope! He just had his hand up in the air to "hit" the tennis ball. He wasn't angry until after he hit the fluorescent light.. haha.

I don't get it... :o :o why would you put your hand in the air to hit something if it's a game on tv?? I thought the only places that had that stuff was the virtual reality places (gosh, I'm thinking Star Trek... lol). Does it have that kind of capability?! :eek: If so, that is really freaking amazing! I'm so out of the loop on this stuff. Maybe I'll actually have to go to a Best Buy and look at one.

animal_rescue
07-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't get it... :o :o why would you put your hand in the air to hit something if it's a game on tv?? I thought the only places that had that stuff was the virtual reality places (gosh, I'm thinking Star Trek... lol). Does it have that kind of capability?! :eek: If so, that is really freaking amazing! I'm so out of the loop on this stuff. Maybe I'll actually have to go to a Best Buy and look at one.

Umm I'm not sure how to explain it but here's a Wii commercial that will probably help you understand.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPVP_llfo

I haven't tried the Wii yet but I really want to! Sucky about the light though.

Jods
07-07-2007, 07:14 PM
wii's are like virtual reality sort of. You attach the wrist band on. well your supposed too hehe :D then you play games by moving your hand and arm about. You use the remote as a bad, bowlingball etc and the censor on the top of the system can tell the movement you are making its really neat! we have one too!

Jessika
07-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Wii-motes aren't your "normal" remote for video games... you use it by swinging it around like a tennis racket, or a baseball bat, or whatever game you're playing :)

BC_MoM
07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Thats when you say "USE THE WRIST STRAPS!! USE THE WRIST STRAPS!!" hehehe

Haha.. he was using it!

Christiansmommy
07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
We have Wii too, and I just happened to let go of the remote while playing baseball TODAY...good thing I used the strap!! :) I love Wii, when you play lots and really get into it, you get pretty sore muscles the next day... I do anyway :)

BC_MoM
07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
when you play lots and really get into it, you get pretty sore muscles the next day... I do anyway :)

AGREED. Sometimes I am forced to use my left hand just so I can keep playing.. haha (I'm right handed)

Sirrahsim
07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
and who ever said that video gaming wasn't excercise?
:rolleyes: :D
I'm sure there will be plenty of overweight kids and teens who think that way and end up more overweight :(

I love our Wii :) We got Mario Party 8 not long ago and it is so fun!

RICHARD
07-12-2007, 03:11 PM
NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE ONE! You'll put your eye out with that thing!

Sirrahsim
07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE ONE! You'll put your eye out with that thing!

:D You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot your eye out! :D