PDA

View Full Version : Computer people

slleipnir
07-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I have a dell inspiron 1300 laptop. I've had it for a little over a year. (my warrently is expired now) I like to watch movies on my bed so I unplug it and move it over there. However, last time I tired it it said my battery needed to be charged...so I went into control panel and looked at the battery meter and it said like 5% and there was a picture of a battery with an "x" through it. Something similar happened before and I called Dell and they replaced it..but I was in warrenty then, now I'm not. I'm curious if this has happened to anyway before and if they were able to fix it without buying a new battery? (I'm afraid to see how much they cost...especially if it keeps breaking something must be wrong with my computer)

Blue_Frog
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure how long ago you had a battery replacement, but this one sounds like its slowly going.

If you're lucky, the battery may fall into Dells Defective Battery Program -- heres the link

https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/

slleipnir
07-06-2007, 12:06 PM
They replaced it themselves last time...it was the end of last year and they mentioned something about that so I doubt I would have a defective one...I just wonder why it keeps dying so quickly