PDA

View Full Version : "Cat friendly" Digital Camera Photo Pictures

BJMackay
07-06-2007, 01:04 AM
What beautiful photos on the Pet Talk Site, especially on the Cats of The Day! I haven't had the time to view the photos prior to June but I plan to! I have a house hold full of cats both mine and also foster cats for a non-kill feline animal shelter. For the many years I have been fostering I have loved, cared for and nursed back to health an estimated 200+ kittens and cats! I am writing this post because I would LOVE to know what cameras these photos are taken with. I have a digital camera but the kitty's eyes always look "red-eye," "yellow eye," just disappointing. If you all out there have great photos like the ones shown on the Cat of the Day can you please post what type of camera you use and are pleased with. Also my digital camera has a long flash delay so the cute pose that the kitten is in gets lost by the time the shutter snaps the picture! THANK YOU!!! You can post it here or e-mail me directly at [email protected] :)

catnapper
07-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Its not the camera per se. I never use flash unless absolutely necessary. No flash = no evil cat eye. My tripod is my best friend because it holds the camera absoultely steady, which is essential for low-light siutations. I read camera companies are working on making a chip inside the cameras so flashes will be a thing of the past. I'm loking forward to that day!

I use a Canon Powershot S2. I've had it just about a year now. Love the camera! Basically though, any Canon would be a nice choice.

catmandu
07-06-2007, 09:34 AM
I Have A Rca And It Takes Very Good Photos Of The Found Cats. But Then Again A Brownie Would Take Photos Of Those Photogenic Creatures Of God.

kittycats_delight
07-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I have 2 cats that have been Cat Of The Day. Lilith was COTD on November 15, 2005. Here is Lilith's COTD page. (http://catoftheday.com/archive/2005/November/15.html) Vixen was Cat of the Day April 26, 2006. Here is Vixen's COTD page (http://catoftheday.com/archive/2006/April/23.html)

I just got a new camera and it takes wonderful pics. I just got the FujiFilm FinePix S700. The camera is a gem and not overly expensive. There are a ton of settings for taking the perfect shot and the manual mode is wonderful.

caffeitina
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I think it depends on the cat's eye color as well. I've never had a problem taking photos of Howard, who had brownish-green eyes--even with the flash on. However, Luna is a little blue-eyed girl. If I use the flash taking photos of her, she looks downright EVIL!