PDA

View Full Version : friendly breeds?

ILOVECINDER
07-21-2002, 07:57 PM
i was just wondering...anyone who knows. which breeds of cats are known to be friendly?

~ilovecinder~

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Whatever breed Tinky is!!! ;)
She is the friendliest cat I have ever met!!:D ;)

Karen
07-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Let's see - no one can say for any particular cat, as there are always exceptions to the breed ...

... but the friendliest kitties I've known have been mutt cats, Himalayans, and Maine Coon-suspect cats.

Guess that doesn't narrow anything down, huh?

baygayce
07-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Friendly breeds.....Siamese, Ragdoll, Ragamuffin, Maine Coon, Burmese (I think), Cornish Rex.

yorkster
07-23-2002, 03:25 AM
In general (there are always exceptions of course):
Maine Coons, Siamese, and Himilayens, or mixes of these.

yorkster
07-23-2002, 03:28 AM
Oh, I forgot one of the most friendly. It's not really an actual 'breed', but a coloring/marking:
ORANGE KITTIES!!!

moosmom
07-24-2002, 07:44 PM
Out of my 6 cats, my Sphynx MooShoo is very friendly and loyal. He LOVES people and loves to be around other cats. But that is only my opinion. I guess you could say I'm prejudiced when it comes to my cats:rolleyes:

pupper-lover
08-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by yorkster
Oh, I forgot one of the most friendly. It's not really an actual 'breed', but a coloring/marking:
ORANGE KITTIES!!!

I second that!

:D All of my orange kitties have had great personalities. Growing up, I had an especially tolerant orange tabby that let me push him in strollers, doll cribs, etc. He never once gave me a scratch, hiss, or nip in return.

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Whatever breed my cat Storm is. He's a very social and friendly cat. He thinks he's a dog. Sunny's very cautious at first but once he accepts you he's also very friendly especially if you play with him. I've also heard that Abyssinians, Maine Coons, Siamese, and Ragdolls are supposed to be friendly.

lailamara
08-26-2002, 09:50 AM
I agree about abys being friendly. They come running when anyone comes to the door. My female in particular will immediately jump in a visitor's lap and insist on being petted. They both follow my mom around when she stays with me to the point that I'm ignored!!!

NoahsMommy
08-26-2002, 03:49 PM
I agree on the orangies!! Very friendly! :)

Our friends have a himmy and she is amazingly friendly and very good natured. She had the cat sitting on her lap, but with her paws on the table, like she was "people" and the cat loved it. Great cats!

The Cat Factory
08-26-2002, 10:13 PM
I have 11 cats and I find that my mixes are the nicest. My 2 Snowshoes and my Bengal are extra friendly though!

yorkster
08-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by pupper-lover

:D Growing up, I had an especially tolerant orange tabby that let me push him in strollers, doll cribs, etc. He never once gave me a scratch, hiss, or nip in return.

I had a cat when I was a kid also that let me do that! :D

yorkster
08-27-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I agree on the orangies!! Very friendly! :)

Our friends have a himmy and she is amazingly friendly and very good natured. She had the cat sitting on her lap, but with her paws on the table, like she was "people" and the cat loved it. Great cats!

Do you have a pic of your friends cat? My baby Kedi is a himi (mix I think), and he has orange markings. I ahve been told it's 'flame point'
his pic:

The Cat Factory
08-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Oooo! He's sooooo pretty! I love Flame Points!

lovemymaltese
08-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Twinkles is so cute, he looks too comfortable.

Kitty_gal
09-07-2002, 07:44 PM
[FONT=arial][COLOR=chocolate]
Want a Friendy CAT try a BURMESE!!! If you find a GOOD BREEDER your Burmese will tolorate almost anything if you have children...:)
If you want a less demanding cat...as the Burmese requires much attention, love and lots of cuddles. Is often found crawling under the covers in your bed to be close and warm to you!! Or will follow you from room to room...also often know as the dog cat.
They are Bricks wraped in SILK! I know many NON_CAT LOVERS...who have fallen for the Burmese. Because of their unique personalitys.
But if less demanding is what you want Try a BURMILLA..a Chinchilla Burmese Cross..hard to come by, but you wont be disapointed.
As I breed Burmese and Burmilla..I love them BOTH!!!
G'day all
sincerely,

neko1
09-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Orange cats are as sweet as jelly-that's why they are called marmalade cats!!
Ragdolls are sweet too,
And don't forget Abyssinians!!!! My Aby is a momma's boy, follows me everywhere, loves to sit on my lap and lick my face!