PDA

View Full Version : 8-YR Old Cat Looking for New Home!! Can Anyone Help Reba?

Anikaca77
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I was just on statecollege.com and saw this ad that this women posted wanting to find a home for her 8 yr old cat. I would love to help this women out but I can't take in anymore cats.

I'm going to e-mail her and tell her to move to my complex where cats are allowed but I have a feeling she might be moving out of town.

Can anyone else help her out? I copied the picture she attached so you can see what Reba looks like.

Thanks,
Melissa

Urgently Need Reba Adopted-8yr Cat Jul-05-2007

Desperately need to place this loving affectionate female spayed cat named REBA. A beautiful gray tabby female...eight years old with a wonderfu pleasant personality. Is very gentle with children & adults as well. Need to find a good home ASAP. Moving to no-pet residence! She is up to date with her rabies vacination. Great health, no ailments at all. Well-natured and mostly indoor cat, but likes the deck too. She is clawed, but over the scratchy years. Loves people and gets along with other cats. Please call asap...thank you.

Contact ME

814-237-7690

jennielynn1970
07-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Why, why, why, do people with pets move to places that don't allow pets?! This just burns me up!! It's your pet. You've had her for how long, and now you move and leave her behind?? Ugh. If I called her, I don't think I'd have much nice to say besides "Move to a place that accepts pets!!" :mad:

moosmom
07-05-2007, 02:45 PM
JennLibrarian,

I would never EVER think of movingt somewhere where my pets weren't allowed. Is there any way you or maybe JenLuck can help this poor cat? I'd help but I'm maxed out at 5 cats and a rat in a one room apartment. Reba will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stupid, irresponsible pet owners!!! :mad: :mad:

Anikaca77
07-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I just e-mailed her and gave her a link to this website hoping she might be able to find someone to help her out. I'm at my max as well with 5 in a one bedroom apartment.

I'm sending my prays for Reba.

I also told her what apartment complex I live in hoping she will contact them and maybe find a place.

JennLibrarian,

I would never EVER think of movingt somewhere where my pets weren't allowed. Is there any way you or maybe JenLuck can help this poor cat? I'd help but I'm maxed out at 5 cats and a rat in a one room apartment. Reba will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stupid, irresponsible pet owners!!! :mad: :mad:

jennielynn1970
07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Did she say why she was moving? I mean, is it a divorce, a new relationship, or why would you move without your pet?? Many times when you rent from a person who owns a property compared to a complex, you don't have the huge fees for a pet, and they are more lenient. I know I avoided the complexes after I had cats because I was not going to pay $200. deposit for each pet and an extra $50 a pet a month. That's ridiculous. It never fails that they always keep your deposits anyway. I had one place that was like "The tub needed to be scrubbed better, deducted $50.00". Just petty and stupid excuses to keep the money. I'm glad I was able to buy my house 3yrs ago.

Anikaca77
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't know where or why she is moving. I'm only posting this in hopes that someone might be able to take Reba in. I would if I didn't live in a cramped apartment already. This is all I know from this women as of right now so I just thought I'd try to help her out.

Well I have been very lucky where I live now. They allow pets and they know I have more than I should in this apartment that I live at but I keep everything clean and my babies keep themseleves clean! So it does work out very well, where I live. I wish I was able to afford a house but my husband recently lost his job so we are unable to do that or I would love that.

Did she say why she was moving? I mean, is it a divorce, a new relationship, or why would you move without your pet?? Many times when you rent from a person who owns a property compared to a complex, you don't have the huge fees for a pet, and they are more lenient. I know I avoided the complexes after I had cats because I was not going to pay $200. deposit for each pet and an extra $50 a pet a month. That's ridiculous. It never fails that they always keep your deposits anyway. I had one place that was like "The tub needed to be scrubbed better, deducted $50.00". Just petty and stupid excuses to keep the money. I'm glad I was able to buy my house 3yrs ago.

catfamily
07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I'd be happy to take her but don't have any money for transport.
I love older cats and she/he looks like a real gem of a cat.
I hope he/she finds a home nearby.
People are very cruel to not include their pet as a family unit when moving.
:(

jennielynn1970
07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Did she say when she got this cat... it just struck me that she looks an awful lot like a grey tiger kitty we adopted out from our shelter, also name Reba. I thought that very odd for a grey tiger kitty.

catmandu
07-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I WISH THAT I COULD SAY YES BUT WE ARE A BIT CROWDED HERE.
ALL WE CAN OFFER IS PRAYERS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/mikebed.jpg

Anikaca77
07-06-2007, 08:00 AM
I have not heard from this women yet, I just hope she does not take it to the SPCA.

Anikaca77
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
She reposted her ad on statecollege.com but I have not heard back from her yet.

Randi
07-10-2007, 08:06 AM
It's really sad that she's moving without her wonderful cat. :( I hope Reba will find a loving home!

BC_MoM
07-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Poor kitty. :( I hope she finds a great home!

Pawla
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm thinkin', if Squeak can't go, I'm not going! My baby comes first! If I threatened to divorce my ex-husband over Ellie, I sure wouldn't move somewhere I couldn't take Squeak! Do people not look at them as members of their families? You wouldn't move without your two-legged children, so why would you leave your four-legged one? I just don't understand people! :mad:

Anikaca77
07-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I know I couldn't move without my babies ever. I just hope she does not take the cat to the SPCA. I just can't believe she wouldn't e-mail me or anything either.

mruffruff
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Possibly this woman is moving into a nursing home or assisted living apartment. Sometimes there is really no choice. I hope this is the case.

Reba has many years left to warm a lap. I hope she finds a good home soon.

Felicia's Mom
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Possibly this woman is moving into a nursing home or assisted living apartment. Sometimes there is really no choice. I hope this is the case.

Reba has many years left to warm a lap. I hope she finds a good home soon.

Thank you, mruffruff. That is what happened to me too.:mad:

Medusa
07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Obviously, there are circumstances when pets can't go along, such as a nursing home situation. But if people are moving and are able bodied and have chosen a place that doesn't allow pets, then they have no conscience. A pet to them is entertainment value, not a family member. If they don't think of their pet, then they surely don't believe that their pets think of them. The fact that you haven't heard from her proves my point, unless for some reason, she's unable. And Reba pays the price.

Anikaca77
07-11-2007, 07:02 AM
I just got this e-mail from that lady about Reba.

Thanks for your thoughtful caring attitude. I found someone who is prepared to take her in at Foxdale.
I'm elated.
Doris

Felicia's Mom
07-11-2007, 07:33 AM
I am glad Reba has a new home!:)

jennielynn1970
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I just got this e-mail from that lady about Reba.

Thanks for your thoughtful caring attitude. I found someone who is prepared to take her in at Foxdale.
I'm elated.
Doris

Did you ask her where she got Reba??
If it was a shelter, they should take Reba back.

Catty1
07-11-2007, 05:31 PM
If it was a shelter, they should take Reba back.

Just curious, as I know laws and rules differ everywhere - but is an adopted cat required to be returned to the shelter, just as a purebred has to be returned to the breeder if there are any troubles?

Reba is an older cat - maybe less likely to be adopted from the shelter. If she has a furrever home instead, that is great.

But,there might be rules about this, so I just wanted to know.

Anikaca77
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Catty,

I'm not sure, I know if I got a cat from Paws and I could no longer take care of the animal the require you to bring the animal back regardless of the age. I'm not sure about the SPCA I'm pretty sure there they wouldn't want the animal back.

As far as other organizations I know most of them say if you can't care for the animal you should return it to them. But not all do say that.

I'm just glad she found a home for Reba.

Just curious, as I know laws and rules differ everywhere - but is an adopted cat required to be returned to the shelter, just as a purebred has to be returned to the breeder if there are any troubles?

Reba is an older cat - maybe less likely to be adopted from the shelter. If she has a furrever home instead, that is great.

But,there might be rules about this, so I just wanted to know.