PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #219 ... So it's the fifth of July...

cassiesmom
07-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I can't wait any longer. (pours water into coffee maker, pours grounds into filter, puts filter into position and ... it starts to brew!) Hello, everyone!

gini
07-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Quick - put up the banners! It is Lady'sOtherHuman's birthday!

Mmmm, boy, does that coffee smell good!

lbaker
07-05-2007, 11:25 AM
How about some corn fritters to go with that coffee. HOPPY BURSTDAY LOH!!!! :D

slick
07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Heat Wave
We're havin' a Heat Wave.....

I need something ice cold in a freezing cold frosty glass.

HAPPY BURRFFFDAY LOH!!!!!

Come on Lady, we need to put up some streamers and balloons. Yes Mario, you can help too but don't be putting any of those streamers around Orange Kitty. Poor thing might eat them......

Happy summer everyone!!!

Any chance we can get the kiddy pool out back so we can dangle our feet???

RICHARD
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry I didn't get the bar open soon enough! THank goodness someone is paying attention.

Happy Birthday, LOH...

----

Whenever I see that someone has a birthday near a holiday I always think about my family....There are 5 birthdays in Dec/Jan! Talk about getting shortchanged....

At least you get FIREWORKS! :D

cassiesmom
07-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Any chance we can get the kiddy pool out back so we can dangle our feet???

Mario and I put the kiddy pool out back for dangling. Just be careful... the deck is all wet because Mario got me with the hose while he was trying to fill the pool.

davidpizzica
07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Sorry I didn't get the bar open soon enough! THank goodness someone is paying attention.

Happy Birthday, LOH...

----

Whenever I see that someone has a birthday near a holiday I always think about my family....There are 5 birthdays in Dec/Jan! Talk about getting shortchanged....

At least you get FIREWORKS! :D
You're right, RICHARD! Mine's Dec. 12 and my SIL is Christmas eve! We DO get shortchanged...

RedHedd
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Ah that pool looks good! It's hot here too. Thing I'll dangle my feet a bit whilst sipping on an icy cold sun tea. Yum! :cool:

joycenalex
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
iced coffee with baileys for me. we're stsrting the paint proojects this weekend. wish me/us luck!

RICHARD
07-07-2007, 01:36 PM
JNA,
Ice coffee and bailey's? DONE!

We have to get this party started!

Redd,
Sun tea and Sunscreen!

DONE!

OK, I refilled the pool.

Someone give the Orc, Mario, Lady and the Little O.K. a towel, please?

Hey, THat might be a name for the Orange Kitty! Oh Kay or O.K.!

I have a chocolate ice cream birthday cake in the freezer.
But first, some BBQed chicken breasts, a tomato basil salad, and some rice and mushrooms...

anyone? anyone? :D

Karen
07-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Hmm, sounds good. And since this is Thursday's*, can I have a huge glass of lemonade, please? I miss lemonade, but as I am now allergic to lemons (and even anything with citric acid in the label), I can no longer drink it in real life.

*where all is non-allergenic and non-caloric

Lady's Human
07-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Hold it right there....

How did I miss the corn fritters? :eek: I must be falling asleep here.

I'll get the griddle going, someone just please bring the cook a slushie!

davidpizzica
07-07-2007, 03:23 PM
RICHARD, I handed out towels to O.K., Mario, and Orc (who got a BIG towel!) and everyone is drying off with Mario making sure O.K. was dry. Lead me to the BBQ!

RICHARD
07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmm, sounds good. And since this is Thursday's*, can I have a huge glass of lemonade, please? I miss lemonade, but as I am now allergic to lemons (and even anything with citric acid in the label), I can no longer drink it in real life.

*where all is non-allergenic and non-caloric

You betcha!
DONE!

LH,
the cook gets a slushie..

David,
Thanks for playing lifeguard!

Wanna drink?

davidpizzica
07-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks RICHARD, I enjoyed sitting in that tall chair watching Mario doing the backstroke! I also wanted to make sure Orc didn't rust. I'd like a super Big slushie to go with that great BBQ!

RedHedd
07-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Yumm! Chocolate Ice Cream Cake! May I have a slab o' that?

slick
07-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Corn fritters??? Believe it or not, I've never had a corn fritter....or any other "fritter" for that matter. Pass some over here please.

**wave**
Hi everyone.

Still very hot and humid up here and I sure could use an ice cold beer in a frosty glass. Now that will go down smoothly.

Thanks for refilling the pool Richard. Since it's evening, I'll light some candles and we can swim by candle light.

I think it's time we should say some powerful prayers for Cyber and her little Sherman. Seems the RB is calling Sherman home soon. :(

RICHARD
07-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Prayers needed, prayers sent.

SLick.
Icy cold beer and a match?

DONE!

Redd,
We have to wait for the B-day girl...But i'll let you have a piece off the back!

DONE!

David, A slushie? DONE!

LH,

But you have to admit that 25 screaming 800 hp cars is a pretty good finish?

DONE?

lvpets2002
07-08-2007, 04:10 PM
:) Oh thanks for the kiddy pool.. So Mario is up too spraying you with the water hose.. Mmmm we will have to think of something.. I know I know.. MaRIO come here & get into the pool with fresh fresh// Curr Splash.. Whats wrong Mario I didnt say what was fresh in the pool Like Ice.. :p Is it cold :D Ok Richard a Fruity LIT please..
Mario and I put the kiddy pool out back for dangling. Just be careful... the deck is all wet because Mario got me with the hose while he was trying to fill the pool.

cyber-sibes
07-08-2007, 10:50 PM
*Sigh*, the bar looks empty. Think I'll put on a pot of coffee. What's this in the fridge? Leftover chocolate ice cream cake? I'm sure no one will mind if I have a piece.
This has been one strange week. Hey, thanks for the prayers, keep em coming...it's not over yet. We feel like we're walking around in a really bad dream for the past couple days. How can this be real? :( How can it be possible that we're losing our Sherman? :( How did this happen? When did this happen? God, we're so blind.
I just needed a break, and thought Thursdays would be the place to drop by. The cake & coffee were delicious. I'll just leave this note and be on my way....it's going to be a long night....

RedHedd
07-08-2007, 11:15 PM
cyber-sibes, I'll sit with you and commiserate. I'm dealing with Mishi right now and know the pain of watching a beloved pet fade away, trying to keep them comfortable and trying to figure out when the time will be right to, you know .... :(

Some chocolate ice cream cake just might help too.

Lady's Human
07-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Cyber-sibes, Red, Lady and I will sit and commiserate for a while. I know the feeling all too well.

Lady, they both need some cuddling, can you take care of that while I tend bar? Thanks, pup.