PDA

View Full Version : Ewwwww! I can't believe she did that!!!

caffeitina
07-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I just watched Luna catch and eat a moth. GROSS!! :eek: :eek: It was a really big one too! The kind with white wings and big feelers that love my porch light :p (I figure it must have gotten in last night when I came home from work).

I was just sitting here, drinking my coffee, when I heard some strange chirp-meowing noises coming from the kitchen. I got there just in time to see Luna hop across the room on her hind legs, pawing at the air the whole time. Then she jumped onto the counter, pounced, and started sniffing/chewing at something. I went to investigate what she had and...... EWWWWWWW!!!!! :eek:

How can cats eat bugs like that. Especially BIG, freaky-looking ones?!? :p

(I've never seen Howard eat something like that...He's afraid of big bugs.)

Kalei
07-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Ahahah sorry but that is funny:D Kitties sure are funny that way, my siamese Bobo loves to eat spiders, blah! It's so gross, but at least he's getting rid of them, that's the way I think of it, but I also dont' kiss him near the mouth for a little while;)

Don Juan's mom
07-04-2007, 11:34 AM
As my aunt Bunny, a cat mom of over 40 years, said when I told her that Don Juan ate a roach: "Can you believe it? We buy them all that expensive food, and then they want to eat disgusting things like that!" :p :D

Liz

caffeitina
07-04-2007, 11:36 AM
As my aunt Bunny, a cat mom of over 40 years, said when I told her that Don Juan ate a roach: "Can you believe it? We buy them all that expensive food, and then they want to eat disgusting things like that!" :p :D

Liz

LOL! Yeah...from now on, no Fancy Feast for Luna. She can just snack on the creepy-crawly-flying things that get into the house :D

jazzcat
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I've got several creepy crawly eaters here. Someone will even eat those nasty camel-back crickets All I find are a few legs left over. EWWW!

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
What a crazy kitty! He must have been craving some protein. :D

Medusa
07-04-2007, 12:33 PM
My RB Peeka loved spiders. It was her bug of choice. :confused: :eek:

emily_the_spoiled
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
In the fall, the crickets start to come into the house but they NEVER survive here. I usually find either a puked up dead bug or just the little legs :rolleyes: Every once in awhile I will see the cats in a circle watching something really intently, at that point the bug is still alive. I will try and put it out it is misery, instead of being stalked by 6 cats...

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I usually find either a puked up dead bug or just the little legs :rolleyes:

Oooh... that would freak me out!! LOL

Fuzzybuns
07-04-2007, 01:13 PM
We have little, and some not so little, lizards that get in...need I say more?

The bug thing is gross too...Dixie chases the water bugs when they get in. It's usually near death within a few minutes with cockeyed wings and 3 legs left. But hey, at least she slows it down so everybody can have fun! :D

They all go crazy when a flying creepy gets in. :rolleyes:

caffeitina
07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
In the fall, the crickets start to come into the house but they NEVER survive here. I usually find either a puked up dead bug or just the little legs :rolleyes: Every once in awhile I will see the cats in a circle watching something really intently, at that point the bug is still alive. I will try and put it out it is misery, instead of being stalked by 6 cats...

Yuck! Well, I guess I should be thankful....that Luna didn't puke up the moth she ate!! LOL :p

catmandu
07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Scrappy 2 , Miquelito And Pouncierge All Are Death To All Flying Things. And The Other Day The Tubster Killed A Squirrel And Brought Him To Be Prepared For Dinner. We Must Always Keep In Mind That Our Cats Are The Perfect Hunting Machines.

moosmom
07-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Shortie girl is a fly girl. No fly is safe when she's around.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-04-2007, 09:53 PM
My cats do that too. I try to shoo the bugs out or catch them before the cats do. I dont want them to die that way, or my cats to get sick from snacking on them! lol :p

caffeitina
07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
My cats do that too. I try to shoo the bugs out or catch them before the cats do. I dont want them to die that way, or my cats to get sick from snacking on them! lol :p

Definitely a good idea! Usually if bugs get in, they fly around high enough so they can't be caught...and Luna entertains by performing acrobatics trying to catch them. I'm sure she's eaten them before, but this was the first time I witnessed it.

I guess bugs are much better than rabbits, mice, and birds (oh my!)... And since both cats are strictly indoor kitties, I guess they have to show off their hunting skills somehow. :D

Taz_Zoee
07-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, who knows how many icky things Taz has eaten, but if I see him stalking a spider I try to discourage it. I don't want him eating something that might hurt him. I killed a spider he was stalking a while ago and he searched around on the ground for it and looked at me like "what the heck are you doing?!?!". We humans take the fun out of everything.

caffeitina
07-08-2007, 11:14 PM
She did it AGAIN!!!!

While we were eating lunch today, Luna chased a fly (one that she's been tracking for a couple days) into the room, jumped up, grabbed it out of the air with her front paws & knocked it to the ground....then she pounced and...

*SLURP!*

Howard, who was a few feet away relaxing in the path of the air conditioning, watched her with a look of complete and total disgust on his face as if to say "I would never, ever do something like that!" (too funny!)

orangemm
07-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Well, maybe what we would consider a nuisance and gross, our babies think of as a tasty snack!? My guys go crazy if there is any kind of bug in the house; I haven't witnessed any eating of the bugs, just stalking and jumping.

I did come home the other night from work to find our neighbor's cat sitting in front of the porch steps with the back end of a small squirrel in his mouth. (no, I don't know where the rest of it is) Now THAT was gross. :eek: