PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive or not

Pawsitive Thinking
07-04-2007, 10:25 AM
I know we've had a few of these threads before but I've just noticed that when I am wearing bracelets I have to have all the clasps facing the same way...... :rolleyes:

Post yours so I don't feel like such a nut :eek:

kittycats_delight
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
you're a nut :p

Actually try this one. I won't allow anyone put groceries away. All labels on cans must face out and be right side up. All boxes have to be right side up with the side with the tab facing out. All bottles in the fridge door must face out. All freezer things must be stowed according to size and whether or not it is in a box, bag or freezer wrapped. :p Think I am a little obsessive? And this is just the grocery one. :rolleyes:

Whisk_Luva
07-04-2007, 10:43 AM
I HAVE to have matching cutlery! :eek:

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM
I HAVE to have matching cutlery! :eek:

No way me too! :o :D

slick
07-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I must have the toilet roll facing out
I must park straight (very obsessive about this one)
I must not break my morning routine on work days. Things must be done in a certain order or it just doesn't feel right.
I must always sleep with a pillow underneath the covers
I must always clean up the kitchen before going to bed. I can't stand waking up to dirty dishes in the sink, unwiped countertops, etc.

I really am quite anal about alot of things but folding clothes is not one of them. I'm sure I'll think of more later on.

sweetpatata6
07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
All necklace clips must be in the back!!

wombat2u2004
07-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Errrrrrrrrr.....are you girls sure you are ok ???? :D
Wom

Sevaede
07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
All necklace clips must be in the back!!

Same for me! :D

Hmm.. It bugs me when people leave the tops off of their drinks. :o What? It makes the drink go flat! :p :o :D

kt_luvs_kitties
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I have so many, I cant name them all. My friends/family think I am nuts.

A few are:

All food must be within 2 weeks before it expires, any closer to the expiration date, and it gets tossed out.

All lights switches must be up, NOT down.

Toilet seat completely closed at ALL times, except for when in use.

I cook all food up to 20 minutes longer than needed. Microwave ATLEAST 2 minutes longer!

See, I could go on forever!

catnapper
07-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Gosh I am obsessive about things but in little ways.

Like I can't have someone else's handwriting on my calendars, notes, etc.

I am obsessed with white-out. I can't scribble out a mistake, it must be neatly white-outed.

I'm obsessed with clean eyeglasses. One speck of rain, one finger smudge, one drop of hairspray... it can't be there! I clean my glasses a hundred times a day (or thereabouts ;))

I'm obsessed with laundry. I have a system of 8 baskets. Everything is sorted to color and weight: darks, mediums, lights, whites, jeans, dark towels and light towels... the 8th is constantly in motion picking up laundry, dropping it off. And don't let me catch you playing with my laundry machine! I do all the laundry... I know full-well that it adds to my chores each week but it a good price to pay for my system being in tact :p

I am sure I have more obsessons but I can't think of them right now

Catlady711
07-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Gosh, at least I know I'm not the ONLY one with obsessive quirks! I have a TON of them, but I'll try to limit myself here....

Toilet paper must roll from the front (I've been known to change the direction of toilet paper rolls in restaurants, and public bathrooms)

Gas at the gas pump must total a multiple of 5 for the change, or else have some other significance to the number. (gas for $25.95 is ok, $25.96 is not, or $37.37 is ok because both numbers match)

Basically numbers must be a multiple of 2 or 5. (why does cat litter have to have a box of 21 lbs drives me crazy? Why can't it be 20 lbs or 25 lbs?)

All my records (yes RECORDS, those big black round things) have to be alphabetized by artists FIRST name.

All blinds must line up with either the bottom, top, or middle section of the window, they cannont be part way between the wood parts of the windows. (hubby drives me nuts with this one)

All my corded objects have to have the cords wound up around them, or folded a specific way with a rubber band around them. (I have been known to re-wrap corded objects at work)

The shower curtain must be pulled either all the way across or all the way back, no halfway stuff. (the cats thwart me on this one all the time)

Many finger food items (ie; chicken nuggets, oninon rings, potato chips) have to be organized by size, shape, whether broken or whole, or curled or flat, before I can eat them. Cookies or crackers that have an up or down to them (ie; cheezits, chocolate chip cookies, ritz, saltines) must be all turned right side up before eating them. (eating while driving isn't exactly an easy option for me)

Finally the last one I'll bore you with....

When I wash and put away my cats bowls they must be stacked according to the cats age. Oldest on top, youngest on the bottom. In the case of siblings the one that was the largest is first over the smaller ones. Filling the bowls has to be in the same order. (funny thing is I don't use that order when I put the bowls down, then it goes counterclockwise from who is closest to the kitchen doorway)

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
The only things I’m obsessive about are cleaning my (eye) glasses and washing/rinsing my hands. I can’t have anything on my glasses or it drives me crazy. I wash them at least 3-5 times I day. I wash (or at least rinse) my hands tons of times daily as well. I can’t stand to have them not feeling clean.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-05-2007, 03:50 AM
you're a nut :p

:D but I'm in such good company ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Errrrrrrrrr.....are you girls sure you are ok ???? :D
Wom

You need to ask???

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Toilet paper must roll from the front (I've been known to change the direction of toilet paper rolls in restaurants, and public bathrooms)

That is ME too !!!!!

When I take food on my plate, everything has its place! Meet at 6 o'clock, vegetables at 10, and potatoes at 2 :p :)

When I take water from the tab, I let the water run 3 times before using it...!

there is much more, just cannot remember right now

karyn674
07-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Ok!!!!! Have to admit!

I am a bbit crazy about toilet paper and I have to have the herbs and spices in alphabetical order, but what truly and utterly drives me crazy are:

......CABLES!

And these are everywhere! the satelite , the cable tv, DVD/stero and Playstation are all connected to TV.

Then the computer room is another hell........all cables follow.......

Also if you're charging your mobile don't leave the charger in the socket :mad: PUT IT IN PLACE!

So I have to have all extra length tied up tidy with a cable tie or those flexy ones (in fact I collect them!:o since they come in handy!!)

jackmilliesmom
07-05-2007, 07:02 AM
1. My bed must be made in a certain way that only I can do

2. My Pillows have certain Pillow cases

3. My shoes must always be polished and clean will not leave without them being done, even if I am late

4. My bags must line up in order of size, shoes the same and colour wise too

5. I cannot leave the house without doing a Daily Guidance Angel Card REading or taking at least one from the top of the deck to set me up for the day.

6. I have to pack my shopping myself in the supermarket one for press, one for fridge, one household cleaning etc.

7. I need to have my breakfast and clothes laid out for the morning otherwise I cannot sleep even on weekends.

8. I bless myself everytime I hear a siren

9. Cannot go to bed without saying goodnight to my doggies and giving them a kiss goodnight

10. I must read at least 20 pages of my book no matter how tired before I sleep

11. I must have my kitchen and bathroom spotless before I go to bed floors swept and washed and counter tops and shevels and so on cleaned (everynight no matter how late)

12. My desk in work must be the same every day or even after a week off before I start work otherwise I must put it right before I start.

There are lots more but just need to keep them to myself otherwise you guys will have me locked up and the key thrown away

kittycats_delight
07-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Ok so we are all nuts! :p

But we are cute too. ;)

wombat2u2004
07-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I must admit....I do have one obsession.
Every time I enter a house that I know is occupied by a very obsessive woman.......I have to muss it up !!!!! Just to really pee them off !!!!! :D
Wom

Roxyluvsme13
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
The only things I can really think of are..

1. I absolutely have to eat one food at a time.
2. If my food mixes, I eat it very unwillingly.
3. And I also can't stand for my food to be even SLIGHTLY brown. I'll yell at my mom for that. :o
4. I also pretty much can't stand sheets tucked under the bed. I hate when people make up beds and do that. As soon as I sleep in the bed, the sheet comes out. I just got tired of bothering with them on my bed and took them off.
5. I can't stand for ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING to be on my shoes. I'll go in the shower with my shoes on just to rinse them off.

jackmilliesmom
07-06-2007, 06:23 AM
I must admit....I do have one obsession.
Every time I enter a house that I know is occupied by a very obsessive woman.......I have to muss it up !!!!! Just to really pee them off !!!!! :D
Wom

You would wouldn't you but you are a man after all..........

smokey the elder
07-09-2007, 01:04 PM
You folks should enter USA Network's "Monk" contests! :) :p

I have to clean up between stages of cooking.

My lab bench has to be organized...just so.

I have to do everything in the same order in the AM or get all discombobulated! :D

mruffruff
07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Closet doors and all drawers must be closed when not in use.

All clothes must hang facing the same direction.

Bed must be made before leaving the house.

Livingroom and den must be picked up before bedtime, and all dishes done or in the dishwasher.

When passing someone on the street or in a hallway, I always stay to the right.

The morning routine can't be changed or I get confused and am late for work.

M&M's Mommy
07-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I *MUST* have a book/magazine when I go potty, otherwise I will sit there for hours & still cannot go :o

When eating out, I must wipe my mouth after every bite. I've been known to use the entire napkin container on a bowl of soup. Waiters at the restaurants I frequent now bring ton of extra napkins to our table when they see me entering :)

I must wash dishes immediately after each meal. I cannot stand a sink full of dirty dishes.

I cannot stand labels on cans/bottles/packages. The first thing I do when I buy any new things (shampoos, ketchup, hairsprays, etc.) is to remove their label. I cannot stand the sticky adhesive that sometimes is left behind either, so I'll wash & scratch & wipe & wash somemore until the outside is completely clean :)

I cannot stand the cap on the pen. If the pen comes with the cap, I'll throw the cap away before using the pen, or buy those retractable pen that doesn't have cap.

I'm always late to anything. My husband is an extreme on-timer, so I drive him crazy, and he does me!! Even though I recognize that this is one of my shortcomings, and wanted to change, I still cannot bring myself to be on time.

Whisk_Luva
07-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Thought of another one:

Curtains must be shut properly! No gaps allowed! :D

Husky15
07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Basically numbers must be a multiple of 2 or 5. (why does cat litter have to have a box of 21 lbs drives me crazy? Why can't it be 20 lbs or 25 lbs?)
Finally! Someone who knows how I feel!

I, too, am obsessed with numbers being a multiple of two or five [particularly fives]. When I'm turning up my TV volume [or any other volume] it must be on a number that is a multiple of two or five, if not it drives me crazy... one time I actually tried putting it on nineteen, and I could not watch the show peacefully until I put it on twenty.

Hmm... let's see what else...

- My ears must be covered when I sleep. Usually I just cover them with my hair.

- I don't know how to explain this next one. I guess you could say I am obsessed with doing things in patterns.

- Whenever I'm giving lovings to CC and I put my face to his and he [lovingly] headbutts it, I must always kiss his forehead. :D I tried not kissing it once, and I just couldn't bear to not do it. And it seems that even CC is used to me kissing his head - whenever I don't, he'll stand there with his face down, showing his forehead, until I kiss it, and then he'll go back to normal.

- Ever since I was a young child I had to smell everything I held [books and CD booklets are the best :p].

That's all I can think of for now.

wombat2u2004
07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Thought of another one:

Curtains must be shut properly! No gaps allowed! :D

Now I know why you English are so pale looking .....no sun !!!!! :D
Wom

dogzr#1
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
~My hair MUST cover my ears at all time. If not, they start to feel cold even when it's hot out. My friends always try to make me show my ears. :p

~Dishes must be done in my order. Cups; Bowls; Silver wear; 'big stuff'. I can't stand to watch people do them in any other order.

~Food on plate must NOT be touching. If it does, I will not eat it.

~Dogs must be fed in this order. Again, I don't like to feed them any other way. Molly gets fed first, then Astra then Prince.

~I must do my morning and night time routine in the same order. If not, I feel weird and can't carry out with my day. If I forget to do something before I go to bed, then I get up and go do that forgotten thing.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll probably add more later. I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought I was :D

pitc9
07-12-2007, 06:57 AM
There is only one way to fold towels in my house, if it isn't done MY way, I will re-fold them. They must be folded in half lengthwise first, then again, then into thirds widthwise.
Kitchen towels only get folded in half once, then into thirds.

Pants hanging in my closet must stay on one side, all tops on the other side and they are hanging in order of color. Black tops start on my right, blue, green, red... etc, ending with white tops.

Food on my plate can not touch.

Pam
07-12-2007, 07:23 AM
There is only one way to fold towels in my house, if it isn't done MY way, I will re-fold them. They must be folded in half lengthwise first, then again, then into thirds widthwise.
Kitchen towels only get folded in half once, then into thirds.

Pants hanging in my closet must stay on one side, all tops on the other side and they are hanging in order of color. Black tops start on my right, blue, green, red... etc, ending with white tops.

Food on my plate can not touch.

We must be sisters separated at birth. :p The only thing I don't do is worry about the things on my plate. It all mixes in my tummy eventually. :p

I just thought of something else. The foods in my refrigerator are always located on the same shelves and have their own special places on the door. It helps me to know at a glance if I am running out of something. Also, since my husband never thinks of actually moving something to see what is behind it, it helps him locate things. :rolleyes:

KittyGurl
07-12-2007, 08:06 AM
My food can't be touching!

I eat one thing at a time. (first veggies, then meat and whatever else I have)

My glasses can't have no fingerprints or water on them or it will BUG ME.

I have to always wear my shark tooth necklace everywhere. (for some reason, I think it brings me good luck :o )

Every morning I have to follow a certian schedule: weekends, summer and even school days. The schedule is alwayd the same!

Whenever I watch t.v. I always have to hold the remote ;)

My books in my school bag have to be in size oder, if not then I feel like my book bag is dirty!

I am really REALLY WEIRD! lol

Whisk_Luva
07-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Now I know why you English are so pale looking .....no sun !!!!! :D
Wom

I mean when I sleep! :rolleyes: :D

We arent that pale....... :p