PDA

View Full Version : Canon compatibility lenses.....

Husky_mom
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I have a film reflex camera Canon Rebel.... and was wondering in case of getting a digital Canon Rebel could it be possible to interchange lenses with that one??......... I mean they are both Canon and Rebel......... could it???

Glacier
07-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Most of them should still work on a DSLR. The frame will be cropped different and the pictures might not be quite as sharp as with a digital lens, but they will work fine. I think even very old lens work with Canon.

With my Nikon older lens will fit, but any automated features don't work--no autofocus ect.

Catlady711
07-04-2007, 01:16 AM
I own both the Canon Rebel XII and the Canon Rebel XS (film cameras). I recently borrowed a Canon Rebel XTi (digital) and all my Canon EF lenses from the film camera did fit and work perfectly with the digital.

Hope that helps.

kittycats_delight
07-04-2007, 06:58 AM
The only way the work the way they should is if you were to get a full frame digital. Then the lenses are interchangable. Canon does have one on the market. It is the E5 I think. And it costs a small fortune. They are the only one so far to offer a full framed digital camera.

ETA: OOOPS I was completely wrong on the name. LOL It is called Canon EOS 5D. I remembered them having the only full framed digital on the mark to date but not the name. ;) Nope I'm not a blonde. :p

Husky_mom
07-04-2007, 11:58 AM
THanks!!....... I was wonderign that if I bought a Digi Canon could i buy a different type lense other than the ones from my other camera...... IŽll check it out if i DO buy one..........

help very appreciated........*checking camera fund*.........still save a bit more.... hehe