PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving blood tomorrow!

RICHARD
07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I just got back from Tar-get again...

I really got tired of watching the Edster lie on the tile floor all day-just like a
discarded sock.....

So.......I bought him a pet trimmer!- Well, it's kinda for the both of us.

I won't have to watch him suffer with a fur coat on during this heat.
He'll be more comfortable...

Me? I get to practice my first aid skills, learn how to staunch bleeding, disinfecting wounds and applying dressings!

I do have 911 on speed dial already! :D

critter crazy
07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Good Luck with that!!!:D

Cinder & Smoke
07-03-2007, 04:55 PM
I bought him a pet trimmer!

:eek:

You mean a FURR Trimmer .... like a 'Letrick Shaver / Clippers????

You gotta be DAFT!

sirrahbed
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
:eek: You are either very brave or very nuts methinks :eek:

Mine would freak at the very sound.

RICHARD
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
:eek:

You mean a FURR Trimmer .... like a 'Letrick Shaver / Clippers????

You gotta be DAFT!

Yeah, a furr trimmer.......It turns the Edster in a "pet trimmer"....

He'll be trimming skin off of me!

----------

I did watch the video on how to trim a WIRE HAIRED dog....

So....that will prepare me for trimming a RAZOR CLAWED cat? No?

catmandu
07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Have You Tried The Slicker Brush Richard I Find Taht Taht Works Quite Well And Theres No Noise To Scare Eddie.

Pawla
07-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I used to shave Ellie. It is quite an interesting feat. I would have to do him in stages, as he would only tolerate it for so long. I have pictures where he has a mohawk, or his body is half shaved. I finally did get the "lion cut" down pat. You definitely have your work cut out for you! GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it goes.

jazzcat
07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh man. Kinda feel like I should bow my head in silence for a moment.

Good luck!

AbbyMom
07-03-2007, 08:16 PM
?? Shouldn't he be asking for PT prayers now??

;)

kuhio98
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm thinkin we need to start raising funds N :eek: W for bandaids, tourniquets and reconstructive surgery! :p

rg_girlca
07-03-2007, 08:52 PM
We use to shave our RB C-Fer with no problems at all and about 3 months ago we had to clip Nugget. Again, with no problems.

So RICHARD, I am wishing you all the best of luck with the Edster and I'm glad you have 911 on your speed dial.

I hope we get one of your fantastic poems out of this. :D

jennielynn1970
07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh my good lord... you're trimming your cat yourself?! EEEK!!!

You are a brave man. I call JenLuckenback and schedule trimmings for Jorgie. There's no way I'd ever be able to trim him myself.

Do you have an area where you can tether him with a leash or something so he can't slip away?? They have them at the groomers. A table, with a pole to attach the leash to. I'd highly recommend finding something like that to tether him to before you attempt this. Unless he's totally laid back and doesn't mind loud vibrating objects coming super close to his body!

RICHARD
07-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I just tested him with the trimmer....

I turned it on and placed it next to his back-he started to rub up against the
carrying case and even gave me his tummy!

I may survive this after all!

-------

One story about the Edster....the first time he went to the groomers he was O.K...

The second time we had an appointment the groomer took the case, tilted it to peer inside...His exact words were, "I remember this cat, he freaked out on me!"

Lovely, what every parent wants to hear. When he was ready to be picked up, the kid apologized because he was unable to trim his belly. He said, "Bring him back later and I'll finish...." I thanked him, gave him a nice tip and never went back.

I just didn't want the kid to get hurt! He was a really nice guy and he tried, but I was really embarrassed! :eek:

RICHARD
07-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I hope we get one of your fantastic poems out of this. :D

HOw's about a mediocre one to start?

I'll try anything once, or a second time.
What's the worst that could happen? I lose my mind?
I've tried to be tough and not a wussy-
I'll give it a try and shave my kitty.

:D

Randi
07-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Do you REALLY believe the Edster will put up with that!! :eek: You must be joking!!

Richard, you might as well give us the address to the hospital where you're gonna end up. And get your story ready for the doctors! :D

The mere sound of a trimmer would have Fister freaking totally out, and I'd probably never see him ever again. Think twice about this!!

How about putting on a wet glove and stroke him when the heat is getting too much?

RICHARD
07-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Do you REALLY believe the Edster will put up with that!! :eek: You must be joking!!

LOL,
There is probably a contingent out there rooting for the cat.

Mom hinted that I might be crazy! :D

kuhio98
07-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Sounds like it's off to a good start. To get Willow comfortable with the idea, I put the trimmer in the floor for a few days so they could all sniff and play with it.

Then I turned it on (leaving it on the floor). They all ran away at first but came back to investigate. They figured it was a new toy and watched it buzzzzzz around the carpet.

Next day I tried it on Willow. No blood was shed but she only tolerated one pantaloon getting shaved. The next day I got the other one to even her out.

Pam
07-04-2007, 09:23 AM
My daughter's cat, Dandy, who is long haired and white, tolerates the clippers and even baths. I believe this is because she started out with her as a kitten. Good luck with the Edster in light of his past groomer's comment! :eek: :eek:

Richard you might want to check with your local hospital's blood supply before proceeding. I hope you don't have a rare blood type. :p :p

kb2yjx
07-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Good Luck!!! I have been trimming our Persian, Raven, in between groomer visits(with my husband's help)for several years without a single incident!!! However, the last time, about 3 weeks ago, Raven became " impatient " with me, and zigged when I zagged(and had the cutting guide over the blade)!!! O MY GOD!!! I felt so horrible!!! I tried to keep the area(over one inch) together with SteriStripes(nurses have stuff like this in the house) until I could get her to the vet for sutures. Since Raven is an older kidney kitty, she would have problems with the anesthesia, so she did not have sutures. It took several weeks for the area to heal on its own. I have VOWED NEVER to trim her myself again. I will pay for the groomer to do that!!! PLEASE GIVE THIS VERY SERIOUS THOUGHT before the cat or you get injured!!! If the Edster is that bad, take him to the vet and let them do it!!!!!

RedHedd
07-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Be careful! :D

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/newo_lolcat.jpg

jazzcat
07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Be careful! :D

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/newo_lolcat.jpg
ROTFLOL!!!!

joycenalex
07-04-2007, 01:41 PM
details and pictures please. and, in my opinion, you are one brave human: you gotta sleep sometime

slick
07-04-2007, 02:13 PM
OMD Richard. You've got to be kidding!!!!! :eek: Why on earth would you want to attempt that alone???? Are you a glutton for punishment or something??? :confused: Or maybe it's a lack of slushies that has your brain confused. :D All I can say is good luck and keep the phone hand . Oh yes and to echo the others, you'd better take before and after pictures. Maybe your Mom can take "during" pictures too!!! :D

Max has a spa day coming up on July 31st and he will surely come back with a nikked tummy, back legs and rear end. :D He won't look cool :cool: but at least he will be cooler in the hot summer coming up.

Red: That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. :D :D

jennielynn1970
07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
OMG.. the start of the poem.... very cute, lol. ;) :p

kt_luvs_kitties
07-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Cant wait for the outcome of this adventure! :p :D

Catty1
07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Ummm...reread Post 13. The Edster seems to really like this thing!

*As fluffy Cole comes into the room and meeows. I'd like to trim his pantaloons too! :)

RICHARD
07-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Operation S.P. has begun.

--------------------------

Yesterday we sat out on the patio and started.

I got one nail in my finger and stopped cold.

No blood.
--------------------

This morning I plugged the trimmer in again and while he was lying in the front doorway I gave him a little buzz....he gave me the Meatloaf position and
I knocked off some hair.

So, I think this is gonna be a two week hair cut.....Give or take meatlaof or two.

Randi
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
If you insist on doing it on your own, I think doing it over a period of two weeks sounds like an excellent idea! ;)

Good luck!

RICHARD
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
If I remember correctly, I only have 8 liters of blood...two weeks? More than enough time to regenerate red blood cells! :D

rkidsrcats
07-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Perhaps all those with a compatible blood type should start donating to the local blood banks in case there is a sudden need to send some to California... :eek:

RICHARD
07-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Update-
Operation S.P.

From 10 to 11oo hours today Op S.P. continued.

Ed D. Katz was shorn in sections along his dorsal area. With little fanfare he tolerated the procedure, only snapping when the bristle brush was used to contain the hair taken off in the first passes of the "Amazing Vibrating Thing That Ed Loves So Much" or the AVTTELSM.

The vibrating action of the machine seems to move the Edster into a nirvana like state, helping the AVTTELSM operator cut smaller, but more precise areas of fur.

The only drawback of O.S.P are the small tufts of hair littering the floor. The seem to grow legs when exposed to the tile floor, causing them to run when approached with the broom and dust pan. A squirt bottle has stopped their attempts at escape-for now.

--------------

Wearing fur in the summer
For Ed D. Katz is an amazing bummer
Dad has had a goofy thought-
A trimmer machine, he went and bought!

The vibrations calms me, the savage beast!
It doesn't faze me in the least.
He knocks off fur in a pass-
No mohawk for me, I'll bite his 'rear'!

He learns as he goes, I am a work in progress
I'll leave it to him, to clean up the mess!
Another plus about the trimmer!
It make me look young and quite a bit slimmer!