PDA

View Full Version : Update To My Old Thread About Cat Proof Blinds

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone.:) Some of you may remember my thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=126150&highlight=blinds) about cat proof blinds. Well I finally decided to order some shades from Blair. Here's the link New Shades (http://www.blair.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1&categoryId=87835&pcats=87817,87821,87835&productId=24070). I ordered the ivory color and I finally received them but they were the wrong size.:( They're beautiful though and I'm returning them and I made sure to reorder a larger size so I'll have more to work with. If you scroll down a bit you can read some of the customers comments. I found it very interesting that the first one is from a cat lover which says:

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Shades, May 8, 2007
By KITTYLOVER from Illinos (read all my reviews)

"Goodbye mini blinds!!! These shades are the BEST! I have struggled with cleaning mini blinds for years, and I am absolutely pleased with these shades! They definately keep the warm sun out and are an attractive addition to any window! They also keep the kitties out of the window sills!"

I just hope that they'll be Pearl proof.:) Now I just have to be patient for about another month or so while I wait for the new order to arrive.

catmandu
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I Have Blinds In The Front Window That I Had To Raise To Hide The Spots Where The Generations Of Found Cats Have Stuck Thier Furry Heads To Look Out And See Whats Going On In The World.
They Are Worth More To Me Than Any Blinds Can Be.

critters
07-04-2007, 07:32 AM
They Are Worth More To Me Than Any Blinds Can Be. Ditto to that!! My monsters like to eat them, so it's hard to hide the fang holes. :eek: :D

slick
07-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Neither of my kitties ever pay attention to the window coverings at all. Having said that, I got sick and tired of trying to clean my vertical blinds. They have to be professionally cleaned or dry cleaned. So out with my verticals and in with roller shades. Tracey, I've ordered some very similar to yours and they will be installed at the end of the month. They are from Sears and completely block out the light. Cleaning is just with a soft soapy sponge. I can hardly wait.

caffeitina
07-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Cool! I'll have to try these. My two darlings eat miniblinds :eek: Several of mine have bite marks at what would be about "cat level" from a windowsill pearch (I have a feeling it's more Howard than Luna doing this)

mic.adii
07-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Hello everyone! I have a simple solution for you agains your little monsters. You should condider buy some bamboo blinds or some shades, wich are much more resistant than normal curtains, and on this site you can find them at really cheap prices. Here is the website http://www.ukonewaylinks.co.uk/blinds_UK.html

critters
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I just got 2 "cellular shades" with no strings, "wands," or stuff of any sort. I just pull/push them to the height I want, and they stay there!! So far, nobody has shown any interest in eating any part of these. :D

Laura's Babies
07-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I started some time back getting rid of my mini blinds as they are only dust collectors! I never have liked them and have always preferred shades..

My babies never bothered the mini blinds because I knew better than to let them down on their windows!