PDA

View Full Version : We lost the americas cup...BOO HOO

carole
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
It is a very sad day for sports fans in NZ,infact Nzer's in general, even though i am not much of a sports fan i follow the race keenly,it was the most exciting race i have ever watched, the leadership changed five times in the race.

I know it is not much interest to many others here, but i just had to put my feelings out, as i am gutted,it was so close, Alinghi won by one second, and i think due to a penalty we got, we lost it, we were doing so well i was sure we would take this race.

Very disappointing for Team NZ, so it stays in Europe, would have loved it to be here, also brings in a lot of money for our small country.

Did you know most of the boats are manned by Kiwis, Alinghi being one of them, so it is the kiwis against the kiwis really, Brad Butterworth is one of ours who went over to the swiss ,not to mention many others.

Having said that Alinghi did a great job, have to give credit where credit is due,i guess it has always been said Alinghi have a faster boat, i guess so.

Well got that out of my system, the country is in mourning lol, it is a real blow, but we WILL BE BACK, I am proud of our boys and we did take the Louis vuitton cup home, so thats something,all commiserations gladly accepted lol.

Lady's Human
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Darnit!

I normally watch a race or two if I can find them on.

I don't mind the cup going to Oz or NZ, but for some reason the old mug residing in Europe irks the heck out of me!

carole
07-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah well Alinghi took it off us last time, so it is time we made a comeback, our skipper Dean barker (a bit of a hottie i might mention lol) must be gutted ,he lost it to them twice in a row,i would be more than happy to console him lol.,but his wife might object lol. :) :D

Lady's Human
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
There's just something fundamentally WRONG with the Swiss (Definition of a land locked country) winning an oceanic yacht race.

RICHARD
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
The races were on the VS. Channel, I think that it used to be Outdoor Life.

I barely got the channel two months ago-that's where I watched the AC races...