PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong with This Picture????

Edwina's Secretary
07-03-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p8a85d3b70484e6413b9fc6312e689319/e8c7502a.jpg

:D :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
[Quote]What is wrong with this picture?

There is no Miss Edwina in it? ;) :D

Donnaj4962
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... that is hysterical! :D

I am a "plus-sized" woman, but would NEVER be caught in a bikini. I do wear a bathing suit, but NOT a bikini! That is just WRONG! :rolleyes: :eek:

Randi
07-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I can't guess it, but I agree with MOFF and Donnaj4962. :D I'll add Eddie too!

cassiesmom
07-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, the first thing I noticed is that it's NOT a picture of Edwina and Eddie.

The second thing is that I, as a plus sizer, wouldn't have the nerve to wear even a modest two-piece swimsuit and there is no way I could wear a bikini any more. I finally have one I don't mind wearing. It's brown, not too low in the front or the back, and it has kind of a little ruffly-skirt thing. Hahahaha, rolling on the floor laughing at the thought of myself in a bikini! YUKKKK!

kuhio98
07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Here's my plus-size bikini story.

Many years ago, on a visit to Hawaii I saw a very, very, very large woman in a flaming red 2-piece bathing suit. Her size and the color of the suit caught my attention. Then I realized that I didn't see any bikini strings. How was the thing staying on? I couldn't figure out this engineering feat. I timed my visit to the outdoor shower with hers so that I could get a closer look. I had finally decided that the thing was glued to her to cover the "interesting bits" when she raised her arms to rinse her hair. That's when I saw the strings. They were buried between the rolls of fat!

Part of me was appalled at this spectacle but mostly I was simply amazed and impressed at her self-esteem. Most of wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit if we feel that we're slightly overweight. She was hundreds of pounds overweight and didn't give a flying flip! She was gonna wear a flaming red bikini no matter what. You go, girl!

lizbud
07-03-2007, 04:49 PM

I couldn't figure out this engineering feat. I timed my visit to the outdoor shower with hers so that I could get a closer look. I had finally decided that the thing was glued to her to cover the "interesting bits" when she raised her arms to rinse her hair. That's when I saw the strings. They were buried between the rolls of fat!

I think a jaw drop would have been my automatic reflex. :o Just, WOW.

Cincy'sMom
07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Just becuase they make it in in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it....a lesson we were all taught when Spandex became popular!!

I'm all for being comfortable with you body, but some comfort should be left for the privacy of your own home!

Kalei
07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Keeheehe.

sweetpatata6
07-03-2007, 06:39 PM

That's when I saw the strings. They were buried between the rolls of fat!

Oh, wow, although, I must admit I saw that comming... I think I'd laugh my head off and point it out to my friends ((In a VERY subtile way, of course)) Tho, I must give her props... That must take NERVE!

Pam
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I am still trying to figure out the ATM part. :confused: You mean you can buy a plus size bikini and get cash at the same time?

RICHARD
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p8a85d3b70484e6413b9fc6312e689319/e8c7502a.jpg

There are no VISA, AMEX, MC or Discover symbols on the sign.

Isn't that like heroin to a woman?

columbine
07-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Just becuase they make it in in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it....a lesson we were all taught when Spandex became popular!!

I'm all for being comfortable with you body, but some comfort should be left for the privacy of your own home!I actually kind of go the other way. I think that if people saw fat people every day, wearing whatever they wanted, the media-bred, dangerously profitable revulsion would fade away.

A fat woman in a bikini is kind of like a pink Cadillac. At first you say, "Who would paint a car THAT color?" But if it's parked next door every day, after a while you just notice whether your neighbor is home or not, if that.

Love, Columbine

Karen
07-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Actually, there are women who are "plus size" that you and I would never guess are "plus size." Some stores count size 14 as a "plus" size. You can be physically fit, but if you are of abnormal proportions, like a really tall woman who is NOT stick-skinny, just normally proportioned, and a normal-size swimsuit is not gonna do it. I am overweight, and wouldn't wear a bikini in public, but I don't tend to go to the beach anyway, as I burn very quickly in the sun anyway, even using sunscreen. That, and when it is beach season, it takes hours to get to one, as most of Massachusetts empties toward Cape Cod and the Islands, or down to the Rhode Island Beaches, or even up to NH beaches. Ask anyone who (normally) lives in coastal New England - Sandra (tattsxx11) could tell you how flooded with people "The Cape" gets!

sweetpatata6
07-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Actually, there are women who are "plus size" that you and I would never guess are "plus size." Some stores count size 14 as a "plus" size. You can be physically fit, but if you are of abnormal proportions, like a really tall woman who is NOT stick-skinny, just normally proportioned, and a normal-size swimsuit is not gonna do it.

That's true.

columbine
07-04-2007, 08:28 AM
I am overweight, and wouldn't wear a bikini in public, but I don't tend to go to the beach anyway, as I burn very quickly in the sun anyway, even using sunscreen.Yeah, sunning is for those who have the DNA. I would much rather see a 400-lb guy in a Baywatch Orange Speedo than anybody scorched red like a lobster - I worked at Dana-Farber for 8 1/2 years.

Love, Columbine (who may be big, but her sun hat is HUGE)

Pam
07-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I would much rather see a 400-lb guy in a Baywatch Orange Speedo

Now that conjures up a pretty scary mental picture! :eek: :eek:

cassiesmom
07-05-2007, 04:49 PM
It's not a photo of THIS GUY! Hi, Eddie, sweet boy!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p00692a311f10d5082b29dfd5b6ccba3e/e91987ce.jpg

Nor THIS GORGEOUS LADY! Good afternoon, Edwina Rose!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p8eef2366bcc329a8e7e7c8266e42fc3c/e9b148c5.jpg

moosmom
07-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Years ago on a Virginia Beach beach, I saw a VERY LARGE woman wearing a bikini. I had to do a double take as she was on the arm of one drop dead gorgeous, buff man. I looked at my best friend Pam and said, "W hat she got that I don't??" Her reply? "HIM!!"