PDA

View Full Version : Friends got a new kitten (bottle baby) **pics added post #4!!

Donnaj4962
07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
My friend and her family have adopted a new kitty for their family. (They already have one year old Punkin, a gorgeous orange boy and Roxi, a shepherd/border collie mix.) They got her (???) yesterday and she is a bottle baby. From my limited experiences with bottle babies, and kitties this small, and going from what I have learned from the many fosters on this forum.... I am guessing that she is 4-5 weeks old. Mama cat had the babies, and then left. She hasn't been seen for several weeks. She is a farm cat, so who knows what has happened to her. (Prayers that MamaCat is okay.) Another family has been taking care of the siblings, and they offered this widdle one to my friends.

I went to meet her last night, and she is adorable. I was there for the first bottle feeding, and was able to offer some suggestions. She has been peeing (no poops yet, but I think that is normal??) and bonding with her new forever family.

She is grey, with stripes on the tail, and a tigerlooking face, with cream colored toes. Her ears are grey on the outside and cream on the inside! So adorable!

I will try to take my camera over in the next few days and get some photos to share.

We could use some PT prayers for this one! She is so fragile. Not wanting to scare them, I have cautioned them on the fraility of these young ones, and of course, suggested a vet visit ASAP.

I will keep you posted!

catfamily
07-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Great news.It will be nice when we can see pictures.Good luck :)

catmandu
07-05-2007, 05:09 PM
The Best Of Luck With That Little One.

momcat
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
That sounds like one little heart thief, I can almost imagine what the baby must look like. Telling your friends to get the baby to a vet ASAP is the best advice possible, hope they listen to you on that one.

Donnaj4962
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I was finally able to stop and get some pictures of the widdle one! I was there during feeding time! I have been named the "GodMeowmie"!!!! :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p37d6781472168d97aacd6ffe8c3a5de6/e8b967d2.jpg
She is so tiny!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pdf858c3db785cd9e1d74378c42cd9056/e8b96630.jpg
Look at that face!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pf281408f0bbc7cced475b187e5ff5523/e8b96612.jpg
Feeding time!

Misty sucked so hard on the bottle they were using that they got some syringes instead. This seems to work much better.

Pawla
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
What a sweetie! Prayers for the widdle one, and your friends.

LuckyNumber7
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Baby kitties need to be stimulated to poop - usually their mother's do this by licking their bottoms - your friends can substitute by using a wet washcloth and rubbing her bum in round gentle motions, it might help :)

Donnaj4962
07-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks LuckyNumber7.... they have been doing just that and she is peeing and pooping! She is even starting to scratch in the litter box! She is so sweet. Loves to be cuddled and she purrs like a champ!

LuckyNumber7
07-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh that's great news!! It's amazing how fast they become litter box trained - it's just instinct for them! The 2 babies I have here right now are fully box trained and it amazes me - they're so small that they have trouble getting in and out of a full sized litter box, so I have a ferret litter box down for them because it's easier to get into lol

smokey the elder
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I would guess that kitten is 3 weeks old at the most.

caffeitina
07-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Misty girl...you are just adorable! Keep eating and you'll grow big and strong and soon you'll be a frisky, fiesty, and playful kitten :D

catfamily
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
OH My Lord!
Looks just like my bottle fed Marshall when he was a little mouse ;) :D
Too adorable.I love that baby :)

momcat
07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
What a sweet, beautiful, and precious little baby!!! Seeing her in your hand shows just how tiny she is. But it sounds like things are going very well especially how baby goes after her bottle! Wishing sweet baby a life filled with love, caring, and all the things a kitty deserves. May I offer you congratulations on being GodMeowmie! Hoping for more pictures.....

Donnaj4962
07-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Just another update... kitty is doing wonderfully! She is eating, peeing, pooing, and growing well. She is doing well with using the litterbox! I haven't been able to get over to see her for a while, but I call everyday to check on her. I will try to get more pictures soon and post them.