PDA

View Full Version : Me and Beener

AdoreMyDogs
01-05-2001, 08:10 AM
Hopefully Paul will be able to post the pic that I sent him of me and my buddy Beener. Beener is now in doggie heaven, and the picture is about 3 years old, but you can see (kind of) what he looked like. Not the best pic but it's the only one of him that's digital.

Paul
01-06-2001, 12:15 AM
Here it is:

http://PetoftheDay.com/online/LesBean.jpg

ownerof3dogs
01-06-2001, 12:59 AM
what a wonderful looking dog. I'm sorry to hear that he passed on.
What kind of dog was he?

AdoreMyDogs
01-06-2001, 08:05 AM
Thank you, Paul! I appreciate it! Beener was a yellow lab, but not pure lab. He was said to have some golden retriver in his blood, but he looked like a lab. He was a good boy. It's been just over a year since Beener went to heaven.

Sudilar
01-06-2001, 08:13 AM
Beener was adorable. I understand why you miss him so. I can picture him at Rainbow Bridge playing with Wolf, Pal, Avalanche and Blizzard!!

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

Pam
01-06-2001, 08:30 AM
Adore....he looks like a sweetheart. Wish I could see his face. Karen I.'s dog, Cody, is a lab/golden mix. I know she will love him!

RachelJ
01-06-2001, 08:41 AM
Yes, Beener was a pretty boy. What a nice tribute to post his picture for us. We never, ever, ever, forget, do we?

lhg0962
01-06-2001, 02:40 PM
AdoreMyDogs....Beener was special. I think the picture is great and you have no need to apologize. You can tell by how much he loved you by how much attention he is paying to you in the picture. We had a yellow lab too (all lab). He was Chuck and had to be put to sleep this past year (he lived with my ex husband)at the age of 15 1/2. They can play together now and be mothered by my precious Kaycee who went a little ahead of them.
Thanks for sharing the picture. My mom has the lab/golden retriever mix, Scout, who looks exactly like Karen I's Cody. They are even the same age!
Thanks again for sharing your wonderful memories with the rest of us.
Logan

tatsxxx11
01-06-2001, 02:46 PM
Beener is just beautfiul. Your picture made me cry instantly...My best friend ever was my yellow lab/golden (x) Jingles. She went to the Bridge two years ago. Seeing your loving pic. brought back so many wonderful memories. I know Jing and Beener are best pals now. He is so handsome and big. She was so loving and friendly. I don't think Beener could resist her! Thanks for sharing your beautiful Beener with us.

AdoreMyDogs
01-06-2001, 09:35 PM
Thank you everyone. Yes Beener was a wonderful dog with a big, happy heart. He was a kind, gentle soul and I miss him. I miss the way he grabbed something, anything, when anyone walked into the house. He had to do his happy lab dance with any object that he could find. We were delighted at the stuff Beener would use for his "I am so happy to see you" dance, he never damaged anything that he grabbed, he just needed to show us that he has a gift for us http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif If there were no shoes, socks or toys laying around when someone walked into the door, he'd go to the table, frantic for something, and grab the box of kleenex, or the tv remote, and he's even grabbed bowls and plates to use in his dance routine. He was a good boy, and a good friend. He had a real good life.

RachelJ
01-07-2001, 09:13 AM
Now you've got me crying.

Sudilar
01-08-2001, 12:34 AM
Adore,

My dog, Shiloh, does the same thing. She has to have something to present to the person who comes in the door!! She runs madly around whining loudly til she finds something. She greets you with a killer wiggly butt and something hanging out of her mouth. It's a riot!

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***