PDA

View Full Version : So nervous about the show..

wolfsoul
07-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm showing Visa from Friday to Sunday. I'm really hoping she does well. I'm still terrified that what happened to her when she was handled by the abusive handler will affect her. We're leaving on the Thursday night and we'll be camping out there all weekend so I think she will relax.

I only know of one other breeder going. I've met some of her dogs and seen pictures of the others. Only five of them aren't champions so I assume she is showing one of them. One I believe is retired from the ring. One of them has poor headplanes, no coat, ears that stick out..but typier and more square than Visa. One is shy, has a poor coat, and poor headplanes, but it's also more typey and square than Visa and more feminine as well. One is very similar to Visa, same body type, not as nice headplanes as Visa and more stop, though her head is also more refined than Visa's and has smaller higher-set ears. And one I haven't seen adult pictures of but she is VERY European typey lines which means she will be much more refined than Visa.

All depends on the opinions of the judges. I think Visa has a very good chance though. I hope the judges look first and movement and structure before type. She is not typey...but her movement is to die for and her angulations are perfect. But I will be happy if she loses as long as she enjoys herself. If she doesn't enjoy herself I will probably just retire her from the ring.

Hopefully some other Belgians show up. Another breeder just moved to the Okanagan, and she has a couple unfinished females, so hoping she will be there. There's another breeder who comes up sometimes -- Visa beat her dogs last time. I'd really like to finish Visa this weekend so that when my car is fixed we can start focusing on herding. Solo starts agility this year too. Really would love to show him as he'd actually enjoy himself, but oh well, sometimes unpredictable things happen. Will just have to wait until Visa's daughter comes along next year. I can't wait for her to light up the show ring. :)

Anyways, I'm nervous but excited too so I just had to write a big long thing lol. Wish her luck! Actually wish her a Best in Show..:D Hey, you never know!

wolfsoul
07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
OMG -- I just found the premium. 7 dogs on Friday, 9 on Saturday, and 8 on Sunday!!! :eek: I am going to have a panic attack LOL. Last year Jaguar was the ONLY dog, the year before Visa was only against TWO dogs. 7,8, and 9?!?! It's like a friggin specialty!! On the other hand, I will be ECSTATIC if she takes Best of Breed. Hope, hope, hope for her!!!

critter crazy
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Good Luck Visa!!! Best wishes comming your way!!

Aspen and Misty
07-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope Visa does wonderful!!

I didn't hear the story of her being handled by an abusive handler, did this happen recently? Poor Girl! I hope all goes well and that she enjoys herself.

Wishing her Best in Show!!!!!

Ashley

ratdogg
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I have only been to 2 dog shows but i've seen several on TV. I don't really understand much about the technical stuff you were saying, but GOOD LUCK! I hope all goes well for you and I hope you give us an update on how it turns out. :)

Karen
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
We'll be thinking about you, and hoping that, whatever happens, you and Visa have a good, fun time.

Riptide
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Best of luck to you guys! I'm sure you'll do awesome :D

Ginger's Mom
07-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Good luck, Jordan. Just try to stay relaxed and enjoy yourself. You know Visa will pick up on it if you worry about the other dogs there. Just concentrate on what a nice dog you have there and make it fun for her to show.

NicoleLJ
07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Good luck and I will keep you two in my thoughts.
Nicole & Sheena (moms to be)

wolfsoul
07-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

The abuse incedent was a couple of years ago, but Belgians remember EVERYTHING lol.

I know a few of the breeders who are showing up but I only know for sure two of the dogs.

This is one of the male Specials, we'll be competiting with him all three days. He took a Group 1st at Tradex (the Westminster of Canada). One of his granddams is Visa's great granddam.
http://serackbelgians.ca/1.jpg
This is his half sister who we will also be competing with all three days.
http://serackbelgians.ca/paris/images/08.jpg

It's not often an open female will place above a male special, and if I'm correct about the other special entries, we definatly have some heavy competition. As long as Visa can place above the other 3 females, she will get some points, but I'm not holding out hope for a group placement when we are showing against some darn fine male specials.

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Good luck!!! :D

wolfsoul
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
We're leaving in a bit! I'm less nervous now, more excited. I really hope Visa has fun. Lots of PT prayers!

tikeyas_mom
07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
GOOD LUCK VISA!!! I WISH I COULD HAVE COME TOO, BUT I WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU FROM HOME!! Have fun, relax, and kick some A$$.. :p

wolfsoul
07-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Not a bad weekend, picked up two points. We had alot of fun. We didn't have Visa's points right before, so now she needs 5 more to finish. Not bad from only four days altogether of showing.

NicoleLJ
07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
WOW great job. I hope you had a good time too.
Nicole & Sheena (moms to be)

Giselle
07-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Good job! Now, enlighten me :p Canadian Ch's are earned with a total of 10 points and one major, right?

Oh yeah, and where are the pictures!?!?!

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-09-2007, 01:43 AM
I missed this thread earlier, but I'm glad Visa did well!