PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, please, for my Creamsicle! *UPDATE w/Pic 7/20

Medusa
07-02-2007, 11:09 AM
She's lost 3 lbs and I don't know why. She's eating and drinking normally, no diarrhea, nothing unusual, except that she's got the hair follicle infection again. Last time, Dr. Lee gave her a shot and it cleared up. I kept her on clindamycin and medicated baths but she got it back again, so he gave her another shot again today. He's really concerned about the weight loss so he did blood work and will have the results this afternoon. If she gets the infection again after this shot, he wants to do a biopsy. I'm scared.

Catty1
07-02-2007, 11:19 AM
PT Prayers for Creamsicle!

HUGS and I hope that all turns out well.

Could it be as simple as she is more active this time of year?

Even IF there is a biopsy, I hope it is something very treatable.

Get better, baby girl! :)

jazzcat
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

Donnaj4962
07-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh my.... many prayers and good thoughts coming from me and the girls here in Indiana!

Come on Creamsicle sweetie.... get better soon!

Freedom
07-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Oh dear, Creamsicle, we are sending prayers for you dear!

Taz_Zoee
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh Creamsicle, you've got to get better so your meowmie can not worry about you. I hope the results come back and show that everything is fine. :)

catmandu
07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
The Pet Angel Army And All Thier Friends In Vancouver Will Stop Tonight And Say Prayers For Those Who Are Not Feeling Well And We Will Jointhem In A Prayer For Our Dear Friend Creamsicle.
We Pray That Her Vet Can Find Out What Ails You Companion Cat.

Craftlady
07-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Creamsicles way.

Kalei
07-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Aw, poor Creamsicle:(, I will send many prayers for your furbaby.

Felicia's Mom
07-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Creamsicle and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Dr. Lee said that Creamsicle's blood work is absolutely perfect. Before I could breathe a sigh of relief, he said "Now I'm really worried." That stunned me because he is not an alarmist. He said "At least the blood work shows that there is nothing wrong w/her organs. But this weight loss has me worried. It could be from coming into heat so often, it could be that she's frantic from itching due to the hair follicle infection. I just don't know. Keep an eye on her, if she loses any more weight, get her in here pronto." He wants to take a wait-and-see approach, then have her spayed. While she's under the anesthesia, he'll take a look around and do a biopsy, too. This just isn't Dr. Lee's M.O. He's aggressive and he told me that from the day I first took my cats there.

I just feel so bad for my little one. She's deaf and a vestibular hypoplasia kitty, so putting her under is scary. He said that medically, she should handle the anesthesia very well; there's nothing in her blood work to indicate otherwise. But because she's deaf and so excitable, I hate the thought of her waking up and my not being there and she can't hear anyone trying to comfort her. Well, like it or not, she's got to be spayed, as long as she stays out of heat long enough to get it done.

I sure do have an expensive bunch of kitty cats!

Taz_Zoee
07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Well that's good and concerning news. I wonder if they'd let you be there when she woke up, just to help with the anxiety a little? So she'd see a familiar face and feel more comfortable. I would probably ask. It wouldn't hurt would it, to ask?
Well, Creamsicle will still be in my thoughts until she gets a clean bill of health. :)

jennielynn1970
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Gosh, poor Creamsicle! I remember when she had the hair follicle infection before... how much of her was infected?? Was it a patch of fur, or like, all of her? Did he say what causes it? I'm sorry I don't remember much of the details. Poor thing must be itching up a storm! Hope Dr. Lee can figure out what is going on and give her some permanent relief.

momcat
07-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Not to worry, Medusa, many prayers are on the way for you as well as sweet Creamsicle. Each Sunday at church I pray for all animals. Since I greatly dislike hymns I zone out so I can't hear them and use the time in special prayer for every sick PT kitty. You and Creamsicle are on my special list.

jennielynn1970
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Each Sunday at church I pray for all animals. Since I greatly dislike hymns I zone out so I can't hear them

OOOOH!!!! You are gonna be in trouble!!! Unless God doesn't like the hymn choices either, lol. :p ;)

Medusa
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, the infection is all over; chest, back, legs, hind quarters, top of her head. It's a bacterial infection and I wondered why my other cats didn't get it. Dr. Lee said it's because her immune system is so compromised. The shot cleared it up really well last time but she got it back, obviously, so another shot was called for today. All she's done since we came home today is sleep. I asked him if the shot has a sedative effect and he said 'no', that she's probably getting relief from the itching and she's tired from scratching and pacing and yowling from being in heat.

I am going to ask if I can be there when she wakes up. My retired vet offered to let me do that; Dr. Lee is a different kind of animal. Even when they do any sort of treatment, injections, whatever, they do it out of sight. Cgirl carried on so today that, if I didn't know better, I would've sworn it was Puddy back there. Dr. Lee said "She's quite a pistol." That she is. She's very sweet tempered but she doesn't take too well to having a needle stuck in her neck. Go figure. ;)

Sigh. All I can do now is watch and wait.

phesina
07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent from here too. Be well, little Creamsicle!

Love, purrs, and hugs,
Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Pat, and Priscilla Angel

jennielynn1970
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Yikes!! All over?! That sounds absolutely torturous for the poor little thing. That's like getting hives all over, or razor burn (the follicle gets infected there too... another reason we shouldn't have to shave! :p :o ). Lordy... the doc is probably right.. she's sleeping because she actually as some relief from all the itching. I hope that this shot will clear it up for her for good.

Are you allowed to put aloe gel on her or would that not be good for her to ingest? I put that on razor burn sometimes, and it makes it feel little better.

Kalei
07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm so glad that Creamsicle got her second shot, and let's all pray that this will be her last and cure it for good! And I hope your Dr. does let you be there when she wakes up:)

kb2yjx
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear that Creamsicle has the spunk to complain about getting needles!! PRAYERS !!!!!!!

momcat
07-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi Medusa, How is Creamsicle feeling? Are things getting any better?

Medusa
07-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Poor little girl is in misery. The hair follicle infection is gone again but now she's back in heat. I'm calling Dr. Lee first thing tomorrow to see when I can take her in for spaying. If I wait too long, she's liable to get the infection back and then she'll be miserable w/that, too. This is the most vicious cycle! I have to keep her on amitryptilene just to keep her calm. Otherwise, she runs in circles, crying at the top of her lungs. She's lost 3 lbs. and I'm afraid she's lost even more weight. Thanx so much for asking.

Craftlady
07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh my poor baby. Would he consider spaying while in heat and take extra precautions?

catmandu
07-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Poor Little Creamsicle , It Sounds As Though Shes Battling Her Instincts To Have Kittens. We Hope That You Have Her Spayed Soon So She Will Calm Down.

Medusa
07-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I hope Dr. Lee can give the poor girl some relief. And the rest of us, too. :p She's singing opera quite a lot lately and yesterday I heard Specs crying from the basement. When I went to check on him, Creamsicle had him cornered and it was as though he was yelling "Help! She's trying to have her way w/me." And there was Cgirl, writhing on the floor, looking her sexiest. It's cute but maddening. And I don't want her to have other complications from not having been spayed.

phesina
07-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh, I hope Dr. Lee can spay her soon (like in the next day or two?). That sounds miserable for you and her and everyone else around.

Hugs and skritches to you and Creamsicle,
Pat

Medusa
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
So do I. Dr. Lee doesn't like to spay while a cat is in heat because of all the blood. I'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

rg_girlca
07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
May, I had a little girl that had one heat after another and it turned out that she had a cyst, I think on her ovary, that was keeping her in heat. It's been so long that I can't remember.
Anyway, my vet had no choice but to spay her while she was in heat and she did just fine. The reason they don't like to do it is because the cat can hemorrhage. I had to sign a paper stating that I wouldn't hold them responsible if anything went wrong, because I was the one who pushed to have her spayed. The poor girl was suffering for about 3 months and was driving me crazy. They even prescribed a tranquilizer to give her at night so I could get some sleep and she could get some rest also.

I pray that the first chance they get, your vet will be able to spay Creamsicle in between her heats.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for your precious girl and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you.

Medusa
07-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Just got off the phone w/Dr. Lee's office. He was going to spay her tomorrow but, unfortunately, I have an early work day, so he's going to do it on Thursday. The yowling stopped last night, so I'm hoping that means she'll stay out of heat until she gets spayed. God, she's so skinny that I worry about how she'll take the anesthesia. When I pick her up, I can feel all her bones. She's such a sight; skinny, bald spots and a tail that has lost so much hair that it looks like a rat tail. Please keep her in your prayers, friends.

Craftlady
07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Could you take her in today and have her spend the night for surgery tomorrow? I hope she doesnt go back in heat before Thursday.

Medusa
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, tomorrow's Creamsicle's big day. She's getting spayed. Please keep her in your prayers. My little girl just isn't going to understand why I'm turning her over to those people who put needles in her and make her cry.

Catty1
07-11-2007, 05:19 PM
PRAYERS for that dear girl! I hope she fattens up afterwards, and that the spay helps her skin and fur.

HUGS!

phesina
07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Prayers and good wishes and comfort and healing energies are being sent along for dear Creamsicle.

Love, purrs, and skritches,
Peony, Poppy, Sydney, Elmer, Pat, and Priscilla Angel

kb2yjx
07-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Yes, prayers for Creamsicle!!! May her surgery and recovery go without a problem!!!! Take Care...

Donnaj4962
07-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Many prayers from Indiana for Creamsicle! We will be looking tomorrow for uppiedates. (((hugs))) to you too!

Medusa
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, my little Cgirl is home and is she ever mad at me! Puddy has been giving her lessons, apparently, and she hissed at everyone when I took her in, including me! When I picked her up this evening, the vet tech said "Wow, she's really upset!" but she didn't know about Cgirl being deaf and a vestibular hypoplasia baby. She said "She thrashed around so much, I was afraid to pick her up." When I explained to her, she said "Oh sweetie, I didn't know." Creamsicle pitched a fit the entire drive home, during rush hour and when we got to my town of Canal Fulton, Old Canal Days had just started. It's just a little street fair but CFers treat it as though it was Disney World. My drive normally takes me 45-50 min. It took 90 today. With Cgirl yelling all the way. :eek:

Anyhow, I didn't get to talk to Dr. Lee today because they said he's been in surgery all day and was still in surgery when I picked her up this evening. But another vet tech told me that he was pleased w/how well her hair follicle infection had cleared up and that her skin looked good. She has to go back for one more shot in 2-3 weeks. Most importantly, he didn't find anything unusual; no cysts or tumors, nothing. So she apparently lost the 3 lbs. from being in heat, then getting the infection, then being in heat, then the infection, etc. Hopefully, now her hormones will calm down and my little girl can get some rest and gain that weight back. I can't lose 3 lbs. from hormones but my cat can. Go figure.

I gotta tell ya, this one made me sweat. Spays have always been fairly routine but given her condition and being so underweight, I was nervous. The only other cat that scared me like that was Yodie Yodie because she was so underweight, too, from the ear polyp when she was spayed. But she's fine now and so is my Creamsicle. I was going to have her sleep w/me tonight but I think she's going to punish me for a while by ignoring me. As long as she's ok, I'm ok. I can definitely use the sleep. And Dr. Lee, bless him, gave me another hefty discount. What a good guy. And he's a true healer, too. I'm so relieved! I think I'm going to take a long, hot bath and just veg the rest of the evening. Thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes, friends. You have no idea what it means to me and my little orangie, Creamsicle.

phesina
07-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh, what good news, Mary! Sounds like everything has gone wonderfully!

Please give the sweet girl some gentle skritches from me, and both of you get some rest!

Love and hugs and purrs,
Pat and the gang

Craftlady
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm glad to read that every thing went well today.

jennielynn1970
07-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Glad to hear that Creamsicle's spay went well. Maybe that will help get everything else under control and she'll settle down totally and won't have to have any issues for a while!

Hugs to the sweet Creamsicle!

Catty1
07-12-2007, 09:13 PM
YAAY!

Welcome home little girl!

Jenn - not that you want to post any 'before' pictures, but an 'after' one would be great.

Good news!

kimlovescats
07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I haven't kept up with PT much in a while, but I read through your whole thread. I'm so sorry that Creamsicle and you have been through so much worry and suffering. I'm so glad to see that her spay went well, her infection is clearing well and she will soon be feeling good again!

Kim ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Creamsicle's spay went well and that she's now home.:) I hope that she'll now gain her weight back and make a quick recovery.:)

Medusa
07-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Boy, does this cat hold a grudge! She won't have anything to do w/me. She actually runs when she sees me. I wanted to keep a close eye on her last night so I brought her in bed w/me. No dice. She wouldn't stay. She wanted to sleep on her chair under her blankie so I let her. I have hardwood floors except for the living room so she isn't too surefooted right now, so I brought a litterbox and food and water upstairs for her. Of course, the entire fur posse is using it, the brats. I sure hope she trusts me again soon. But then, she'll get mad at me all over again when I take her back to have the sutures removed and to get another shot for the hair follicle infection. Boy oh boy, my name is gonna be mud.

Medusa
07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry about the glare. She's so mad at me that when I attempted a second pic, she started to bolt, so I let it go.

Medusa
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Sorry about the glare in her eyes again. I keep playing w/the flash but apparently haven't gotten it right yet.

Craftlady
07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Sorry about the glare in her eyes again. I keep playing w/the flash but apparently haven't gotten it right yet.

Point camera little off center, I find that helps the flashy eyes.

jennielynn1970
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Awe... she's so tiny!!! Poor little girl! Hope she recovers quickly and doesn't hold too much of a grudge... hopefully she realizes you were doing what was best for her.

Gentle hugs and kisses for Creamsicle. Feel better sweetie!

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
She sure is a cutie pie and an itty bitty kitty.:) I'm sure once she calms down that she'll be nice to you again.:)

Medusa
07-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I just got home and she's pestering the daylights out of me, so I guess that means I'm not on her list any more. I decided to have a glass of chocolate milk before bed and she keeps sticking her nose in the glass. And she jumped down from the desk all by herself so I guess that means she can sleep w/the big kids tonight.

kimlovescats
07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
She's such a pretty little thing. I'm so glad she seems to be feeling much better!

Kim

Medusa
07-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanx, Kim, she really is prettier than the pix I've taken of her. She's just so scrawny right now, plus missing so much hair from the infection. Hopefully, she'll fatten up a little and Mom will learn how to take a decent photo.

jazzcat
07-14-2007, 11:31 AM
She is very cute.

I'm glad she is feeling better and that you are "off the list" now. Maybe she can start fattening up now.

phesina
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
So glad to hear she is doing better and has taken you off her s**t list! Is her appetite coming back?

Medusa
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
She isn't eating too much yet but she's back to her old self in every other way, though. She wants to be on my lap all the time again, too. If she doesn't step up her eating in the next few days, I'll ask Dr. Lee if I should give her a bit of the appetite stimulant.

Craftlady
07-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I'd go ahead and give her the appetite stimulant. I always have a tube of it handy at my house.

rg_girlca
07-15-2007, 01:10 PM
What a pretty little girl you are Creamsicle and I glad to hear that you have forgiven your meowmie. Now lets get that appetite up and start to put on some healthy pounds. :D

momcat
07-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi there, pretty Creamsicle! I'm so happy to know that you're feeling better and everything went well with your surgery. You and Meowmie have had a rough time of it lately but hopefully this is the beginning of better things. Please don't be angry at Meowmie. She knew you were sick and wanted to make you better because she loves you so very much. Keep getting better sweetie and please please eat your tasty food. Feel better ear scritchies and chin scritchies being sent just for you!

Medusa
07-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Just a quick note to let you all know that my Cgirl is back to her old self. She's eating fine and has gained some weight, although I'm not sure how much. I'll know when I take her in next week to have her spay sutures removed and to get one last injection for the hair follicle infection. Looks like I underestimated my little girl's toughness. Guess I shouldn't do that but she was so thin that I was concerned. I know better now; she's a fighter like my Puddy.

phesina
07-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Wonderful news, Mary! I'm so glad everything has gone so well.

Skritchies to the girl, please!

cassiesmom
07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Yay, skritchies for me too!

K & L
07-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I've missed this thread but glad to read all is well now! :)