PDA

View Full Version : Predictions, providence and plumbing?

RICHARD
07-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Or “Why I will never laugh at any Pter’s plumbing problems”

This weekend I should be camping. Up north in the Sierra Nevadas. Nice, huh?

I was asked in late March, but as the time grew near I hesitated. For some strange reason a little niggling doubt was bouncing around in my chest and my head.

I tell my friends that I have this little ‘gift’ – It’s the ability to sense when something is going to happen….I do not know exactly WHAT will happen. But I know something is up and it will
Affect me. If you hang around me long enough you will see it happen.

Anyway, my brother kept asking, “Are you going?” and I hemmed and hawed my answers to him.

Later, in a conversation with my mom, I told her that something was telling me not to go..I has a bad feeling about something. She said to go with my gut.

He packed up the truck yesterday and split. I then sat down for a long week of no work, no plans and no worries…

I had a BBQ, some cocktails and went to sleep. I awoke about three in the morning, uncomfortable and sweating because of the heat. I went outside for a few minutes to see the moon and heard the noise of water in my mom’s house. I went inside and heard what I thought was the water heater. I went back outside, listening again and saw the light was on in her bathroom.

Back indoors and in the BR I heard the sound of water leaking under the sink…..The cabinet opened I put my hand on the cold water valve, which came off in my hane and was greeted
my a flume of water. After a few panicked moments I was able to shut off the water and get
things under control.

(It still amazes me how I can string so many curse words into a sentence at once.)

I got to the hardware store today…….HOME DEPOT- Go Tony Stewart!!

Got the stuff I needed to fix the problem and now am writing this.

Now here is my quandary. I bought a pipe wrench that I probably will not need again.

Do I return it?

I bought some pork and beans with the Home Depot driver Tony Stewart on them, Do I have them for dinner?

Do I pass up vacation trips because of my “gift”?

Do I play the lottery today?

Do You really care?

I do want to thank my Dad, all the home-fix-it shows I watch, Ask This Old House and the makers of RIGID tools. And especially Gini.

I’ll never make jokes about plumbing again.

Oh, and by the way….The Edster slept all thru the excitement next door.

Maybe my mom needs a cat?

Freedom
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
. I bought a pipe wrench that I probably will not need again.

Do I return it?

If your "gift" tells you that you will never need it again, yeah, go ahead and return it.

Otherwise, there ARE other plumbing fixtures in the house which can "go," you know? ;)