PDA

View Full Version : Cathopper

Corinna
07-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Ok I have to tell you a funny one. It was just that it was unusual for our little Ebony girl. She hasn't really shown any hunting skills(unless you count the clumb of sod ) Yes the stinker KILLED a patch of sod and brought it in on my brand new oak floor!
Today she moved up to a larger prey,She came in the window(cat In and out saves the door game)Ben (theb 18 yearold son)was flaked out on the sofa she leaped on to his chest and promtly dropped he catch on him. I'm glad he doesn't mind grasshoppers much. He therw it out side and Ebby spent 5 mintues looking for it on the sofa. Guess she figured it out cuz she gave Ben a bad look and ran back outside.
I guess Winky the old cat(12years) has been giving her and the neighbors cat(louie) hunting lessions. Its funny to watch it really looks like hes teaching them.

Dixie Belle
07-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Cute story. And don't worry about her killing insects...mine kills beetles!

ramanth
07-22-2002, 10:00 AM
Another grasshopper hunter!!

My old cat Nike, rest in peace, he used to stalk and pounce on those big flying ones! He'd bring it back proudly and then promptly eat it! :eek:

*crunch, crunch*... bleah!

purrley
07-22-2002, 11:40 AM
I don't need a fly swatter with 4 cats in the house:D :D

ChrisAK
07-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Jazz is the great red lizard hunter. I go outside to work on the "weed bed", she goes into to brush to work on lizards. It's funny. Have you ever seen foxes while they hunt voles? Head down, ears cupped over the ground, then the leap? Well shepherds do it to.:rolleyes: