PDA

View Full Version : Mika is my hero!!!

moosmom
07-01-2007, 11:02 AM
A newcaster FINALLY stood up to studio execs and REFUSED to report on...who else???

PARIS HILTON!!

Mika Brzezinski repeatedly refused to report on Paris Hilton's release from jail earlier this week and attempted to set fire to the script live on the air to make her point.

Brzezinski, co-host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC, objected to leading her bulletin Tuesday with the news of Hilton's freedom over stories about the war in Iraq and the White House.

Brzezinski - whose father, Zbigniew Brzezinski, was a national security adviser to former U.S. president Jimmy Carter in the late 1970s - told her producers, "I hate this story and I don't think it should be our lead," before scrunching up the script. She was given a new version of the news bulletin but still didn't agree with the ordering of the items and tried to burn the script with a cigarette lighter. A third script was also destroyed, after Brzezinski put it in the newsroom's paper shredder.

She then said, "My producer, Andy Jones, isn't listening to me. I'm about to snap. I'm not doing it. I'm not doing the story."

I LOVE a woman with Judzspah (sp?)

Trinityagain
07-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I saw that clip! I was so happy that someone finally refused to air that crap, ESPECIALLY as a lead story with everything else going on in the world. I wanted to smack her co-host or whatever he is. He was just being a complete idiot the whole time...

Catsnclay
07-02-2007, 02:41 PM
A lot of our local TV stations either didn't say a word about her or it was a very small story that came at the end of the show.

I for one, am sick and tired of hearing about Paris, Brittiny, Lindsey, etc. Jeez, you think with all the press they are getting they were important or something!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Barbara
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I wish I had seen the clip- I only saw pictures!
Actually I don't think all these Paris etc. are real people. I am sure they are aliens :D
I was wondering whether Mika was Zbigniew's daughter. Now I know this all well- thanks Donna!

koxka
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish I had seen the clip- I only saw pictures!

Here is the clip for you! ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xAcU3HSMKPU&mode=related&search=

Miss Z
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
What a gal! A true representative of the real world we should all be living in. I can't believe the two male reporters in the clip, their ignorance on the matter is pretty astounding (of course, not to be sexist here, just happened that they were both male in this situation). Making light-hearted jokes about Paris's life being more important than the plight of soldiers dying for us every day in Iraq, well, I find that a fine display of ungratefulness and stupidity.

Mika, maybe you should run for President sometime! ;)