PDA

View Full Version : Please spare a prayer if you can

AdoreMyDogs
06-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I'd appreciate some prayers. We are having some major flooding and we don't have flood insurance. We have just a short way to go (as you will see) before the flood reaches our house, but with prayers and NO MORE RAIN we may be spared. It's fine if our yard is submerged, but we just can't have anything happen to our house. It will ruin us. We don't have much money and we will lose everything. Please spare a thought and if you can say a prayer for us I would so appreciate it.

Leslie & family

Here are some photos of the flooding so you can see what's happening and the progression of it. They said the flooding has not reached it's peak yet, and the waters are still on the rise. We're just so hoping it stops. We're at a high risk for more t-storms also, so this is very scary indeed.

This was the park at the end of our house before the flooding got real bad. See the water back there? That was a big Campfire park with lots of trees, trails, a pool & yard toys for the kids to play with.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/endofourroadearlyon3.jpg?t=1183224422

This is taken from aprox. the same spot (on my driveway) just a few hours later. Look at how much more flooding there is.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/floodingtoday2.jpg?t=1183224544

And here is the progression of the flood this morning
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/floodingtoday1.jpg?t=1183224710

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/endofourroadearlyon2.jpg?t=1183224779

The enterance of Campfire USA taken yesterday
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/campfireenterance.jpg?t=1183224810

Two of my neighbors' houses that are destroyed. The one closest to me didn't have flood isurance either. They are also expecting a baby in 4 weeks.
They could use prayers, also
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/floodingtoday5.jpg?t=1183224870

This was taken outside my backyard from the alley
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Flooding/floodingtoday6.jpg?t=1183224986

Catty1
06-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Prayers for you and the other families....

Does the city have any sandbagging crews? Anything? Or is there just too much water to keep up with?

Again, prayers that the rain stops and the waters recede!

jenluckenbach
06-30-2007, 12:53 PM
OMG! That is just too scary. Many prayers for the safety of your home.

Karen
06-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Prayers for you and your neighbors. Before the flood gets there, I'd roll up all the carpet you can, and move any wooden furniture and electronics to the second floor, if you have one, or at least up on counters, just clear everything you can possibly get off the floors, and unplud electronics and get cords where they won;t touch water. Most of all, put clothes and photo albums in ziplock or other plastic bags, don't want to lose any precious wedding or pet or Quinn Willow photos!

AdoreMyDogs
06-30-2007, 01:34 PM
We have no second floor, it's a ranch style home. We have hardwood floors, so if the water reaches our house, they are all destroyed. The water is coming too fast for sandbags, it came on so quick. There are certain parts of the city that are manditory evac., sofar, where we are is still voluntary evac., unless they announce otherwise.

There's not really any place to put our furniture and stuff, so we'll just have to pray that the water doesn't get much deeper and the flood doesn't grow more. It's all just so scary. It wouldn't be near as scary if we had flood insurance, but we are at mercy with mother nature now and we're just hoping she's kind to us :(

Sirrahsim
06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
oh my goodness Leslie!! I had no idea things were so bad in town!! Thank heavens it is not raining right now!!.. hopefully it will dry up some!!

Whisk_Luva
06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
WOW!

Prayers to those who have lost there homes and prayer for those who might do in the not so distance future :(

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh no, that's so scary. :( Prayers headed out to you and all of the people affected by the flooding.

sirrahbed
06-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh my!! Dennis and I have said prayers for your family and will continue to do so. How scary this must be for you. Missy had mentioned all the rain - your neighborhood really has been affected. Also, sending (((HUGS)))

Hellow
06-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Yes, prayers being sent. We in Northern Georgia are getting slammed with water, too. And its growing fast. Since our house is on level land we are especially at risk. But thankfully our street is lined with storm drains.

lizbud
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh Leslie, that is so scary. :( Prayers from me for sure. I do hope this
all stops, and soon.

Moff, been thinking about you also, when I learned that the Kansas area
also has been having all this rain too.

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2007, 06:24 PM
How scary.:eek: I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

My brother and his family live in Frisco,TX and I know that it's also been raining a lot there too but I don't think that it's been flooding there yet.

ramanth
06-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh Leslie, how scary. :( :( I hope and pray the rain stops and the water recedes soon... for your sake and your neighbors. *HUGS*

Alysser
06-30-2007, 10:03 PM
How scary! :( I will definately be thinking of you!

catnapper
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Prayers on their way.... any updates? Praying all is going well

Rachel
07-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh, Leslie, it never dawned on me that you might be in the path of this. I know how hard you have worked to make a beautiful home for your family and how devastating it can be to see all that in jeopardy. What is most important is that you and your loved ones, skin and fur, stay safe. Please take care. I pray that the rain stops and that the waters recede and that you all will be okay.

AdoreMyDogs
07-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Thank you all so much for the prayers. I do believe they're working, the waters aren't receding yet, but they're not raising. The flooding finally reached it's peak and they expect it to start receding (as long as the rain holds out) today or tomorrow. The scary part is that it keeps threatening more rain, and the chances of t-storm is pretty high. We're keeping an eye on that growing flood line to make sure it doesn't inch towards us any more.

The pregnant girl whos house is flooded needs prayers, also if you could. She is staying at the Red Cross I believe, and they're going to cut their losses and find a new place to live. Restoring the house would cost way more then they have, so they're just leaving the house as-is. There is a kennel that's accepting flood victoms pets for free, and that's where she is keeping her 2 dogs. She's 4 weeks from her due date and she will be homeless when her baby gets here, unless, by some miracle, she finds a house and moves into it in the following weeks.

Apparentlly this city has been in a drought for many, many years, but now there's been more rain then there ever has been. People used to pray for rain, now everyone in this city is praying for drought!

There is a state of emergency in this city. Here's some news reports and news paper photos of the flood...check it out if you like.
Times Record News (http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/local_news/article/0,1891,TRN_5784_5610990,00.html)

moosmom
07-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Leslie,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, honey. I do hope the rain lets up.

cyber-sibes
07-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Sending prayers for you & your neighbors, dear.

gini
07-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Many prayers will be said for your neighbor that they will be safe and find a place to live quickly.

And of course, prayers for you, that the rains stop and you can remain in your home.

CathyBogart
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Your family will be in my thoughts...

crow_noir
07-02-2007, 12:37 AM
*prayers for you and your neighbors*

hoping for a daily roll call too. :-/

Marigold2
07-02-2007, 06:12 AM
I am so sorry. If the water comes to your house it will be a horrible mess it is already. Hopefully the water will recede and not get to anyones house too much. Good luck to you.

petslover
07-02-2007, 08:38 AM
I am so sorry that you have to go through this right now. I really hope the rain stops. My heart goes out to your neighbor too. Very sad situation.

Sirrahsim
07-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Please check in Leslie!!
It's pouring rain again :(

Logan
07-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Leslie, here I have been, begging for rain, and you are one of those suffering with the flooding. I do hope that your friend, her baby and her pets, will find a place to settle down.

Please keep us posted.

Logan

cassiesmom
07-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Prayers being said. I hope the rain will let up for you. The Chicago area seems to be very dry again this summer, not as bad as a couple of years ago but days and days between rains. Some parts of the country have far too much rain and others have not had enough.

cassiesmom
07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
FYI. The Red Cross is mentioned in one of Adoremydogs posts so that is where I went seeking information. This is what it says.

All American Red Cross disaster assistance is free, made possible by voluntary donations of time and money from the American people. You can help the victims of thousands of disasters across the country each year by making a financial gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which enables the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, counseling and other assistance to victims of disaster. The American Red Cross honors donor intent. If you wish to designate your donation to a specific disaster, please do so at the time of your donation. Call 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish). Contributions to the Disaster Relief Fund may be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P. O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013. Internet users can make a secure online contribution by visiting www.redcross.org.

AdoreMyDogs
07-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Whoo hooo the flooding is actually getting better! You can see about 10 more feet of the road that was completely sunken before. It's weird, there are some dead, dried up minnows in the street, and in the flooding outside the back of our house there was a huge catfish. They have traveled a long distance, as the lake is quite a distance away.

Thank you all for the prayers. I hope the rainfall today doesn't make the flooding worse, but sofar it seems to be doing just fine. I'll take some photos of the flooding so you can see the improvement :)

Bless you all for the prayers. Please continue to pray for my neighbor. We haven't heard from her. I hope she and her unborn baby are doing OK where they are now.

Leslie

Catty1
07-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Good news!

And I do hope that mom and her baby are ok.

Felicia's Mom
07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm glad the weather is improving. I will continue to pray for you and your neighbor.

finn's mom
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Leslie, I do hope the flooding continues to subside. :( That is so sad about your neighbor. I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this thread! Those photos are terrible. Please, continue to keep us posted. I will pray now, too, for you and your family. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you all.

lizbud
07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
It's good to hear the flooding has stopped. I feel so sorry for your neighbor
though. Did they have family to help them out at all?

Karen
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
So glad to hear the waters are receding - how surprised those fish must have been when their "mobile lake" dried up!