PDA

View Full Version : Gina needs prayers

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Gina just called me and her friend who she is supposed to be staying with dissapeared leaving a suicide note. All of Ginas cats are missing. :( She called police, they can only look for her friend. She contacted a local shelter ,said no one brought a lot of cats in. She is so afraid for her cats. :( She has nowhere to go now as her friends house was where she was staying.
Hopefully her friend will be found and she will tell where the cats are. :( Please if you can, keep her and her cats in your thoughts and prayers. She says that she and Crayola are ok.

luvofallhorses
06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
:( Can't she ever catch a break?!
Her and her cats will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Catty1
06-30-2007, 12:18 PM
OMG. What did this gal do, drive off with all her cats??? Or let them all out of the house??

I am praying big time. But after all that has happened to her friend with her family and everything, I can see she would be depressed. I hope she knows what Gina's cats mean to her!

I thought she was back at her friend's house...Can she not stay there?

I hope all works out! Please keep us posted!

kittycats_delight
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Sweet Lord poor Gina can never get along to easy for too long. Ya think the lord thinks she has shoulders that could bear the world.

Gina I will keep you all close to my heart in thoughts and prayers and I am sending out Lilith, Micia & Mytsi to help locate your babies. I am sure Gary will have the pet angel search and rescue squad out there too.

((((((((((((((DEAR GINA)))))))))))))))))))))

Whisk_Luva
06-30-2007, 12:22 PM
OH MY GOSH!

I dont know what to say!

(((Hugs)))

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Catty, I don't know why she can't stay there :confused: Talking on relay is so hard. You don't want to ask too many questions at one time or they get lost, ya know? She can't go back to her sisters because she is out of town and doesn't want to move on because she doesn't want to leave the cats. :( I am praying very hard the cats are back with her soon. :(

Catty1
06-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Unless the police are there or something...

I PM'd her, as she gets those, she said. I kept it short.

I guess her cats were in the house?

Are there any PTrs near where she is??? She is south of Reno?

Do you happen to know the town, cp? Anyone?

luvofallhorses
06-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I think Riptide lives in Nevada. not sure about anyone else, though. I used to live in Fallon - it's about 15-30 minutes from Reno.

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I too, was thinking the police wouldn't let her back in the house. :confused: The cats were in the house, she went away and came back and found the note. A friend of the friend checked for the cats in the house. I don't know what town she is in, maybe one of the last people she visited know what town her friend lives in.

Catty1
06-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Gina was to visit Taz on Monday. I just PM'd Taz, and she is texting Gina right now.

I wonder if some well-meaning neighbour took the cats for safe-keeping? I am thinking her friend might have let them out...in her state of mind, she may have thought they were better off hunting outside than not being fed inside (because she was GONE).

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought she was in CA? Her last post in her road trip thread says

(.. relaxing & enjoying california once again ..)
CA is where her sister lives and her friend also , at least that's what I thought.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken I thought she was in the Bay Area somewhere, like San Jose or Santa Cruz. I received a text from her last night before midnight and all it said was....cindy?? I didn't see the text until this morning and texted her back ....... yes. Then immediately got on PT and saw this thread. I have texted her back again and am anxiously awaiting a response.

Catty1
06-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, that's right. I just didn't know where, exactly. Encino?

Anyway, Taz has texted her.

I am hoping against hope that the cats were all so freaked that they hid - as only cats can - in the house! Depends how many nooks and crannies there are.

Or her friend, in her state of mind, thought the cats would be better off 'hunting' outside than not being fed inside...but she must have known when Gina was coming back...

I am hoping Taz can meet up with Gina if she is not too far away...

Karen
06-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I am thinking her friend took the cats somewhere, as the litterboxes are also gone. So she and Gina will be in our prayers, as well as her kitties.

catmandu
06-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Oh My God.
We are praying that she doesnt just release them into the streets where they will be totally lost.
We pray that this lady comes to her senses and seeks help.
Thats awful news the worrst possible as I know how empty I would feel if someone stole All My Cats.
We have sent the Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad to be with them and help in whatever way they can.
We ask the Lord for his mercy for Gina and Her Companions.

shais_mom
06-30-2007, 02:28 PM
:confused: is this the friend she traveled with?
Did she travel with another human? Or am I confused in that respect.
I just don't understand.
poor things...

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
She did not travel with another human. It's only her, Crayola (dog), and 10 (now 11) cats.
I have not heard from her and have texted her again. I feel just horrible that I didn't hear my phone last night. I am not putting my phone down now at ALL!!

AdoreMyDogs
06-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh my goodness that poor thing :( I'm so sorry she has this happening and I do hope it all ends well :( She's in my prayers!!!

sirrahbed
06-30-2007, 04:03 PM
This is very overwhelming news to read :( This shocks me to read of all this sad news :( I do not even know what to ask in my prayers so just toss it all to God and ask that He sort it out.

Catty1
06-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Taz - maybe call the police. If it is a state system, they will know that Gina called one of their offices this morning. Just explain what is happening.

This woman took the LITTERBOXES? I hope that means she made sure they were ok somewhere before she ran off.

Prayers for all concerned.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I think I'd need to know what city she is in to call the police. I did think of calling, but I seriously don't know what they'd be able to tell me. Especially since I don't even know Gina's last name or the name of her friend. I just don't have enough info to call. :(

Karen
06-30-2007, 05:31 PM
I will PM you, Taz.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Gina just texted me!! She says she's okay, but has just been looking and trying to think of places to look.
I asked her again where she is and if she has help. Will keep you posted.

luvofallhorses
06-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm glad she is OK.. any news on her cats???

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
She has not found them yet. :(
However, the new guy she just got is not among one of the missing.

Catty1
06-30-2007, 10:14 PM
She PM'd me earlier...and said the place was a mess, that her friend is usually clean. She said there was litter all over the place.

Also, apparently the cops don't think her friend left...

I'll let them figure that out. I hope Gina can find a reasonable hotel that will take Crayola and the silver guy.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Actually, Gina and Crayola are coming to my house to stay tonight. The Silver guy is staying with the person who gave him to Gina.

Alysser
06-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Poor Gina. :( She never gets a break, I will definately be praying for a safe outcome!

Taz_Zoee, you're such a great friend! :D Thank you for helping Gina in her time of need.

Catty1
06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
That is a relief! Thanks, Taz.

I can't believe Gina's friend would have done anything to harm her cats. I have a feeling they are ok - but being kept somewhere unusual.

I am sure the police have checked hotels..for the friend...maybe the cats...

Tell Gina that I am others are praying for her kitties...they will turn up!

Just an idea...maybe contact the shelter Gina did and leave a number...someone may even call in having SEEN a large number of cats somewhere.

Grasping at straws, but you never know.

How about a PSA on the local radio station where she was?

:(

Hoping for the best...

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I will show her this thread, if she hasn't read it already. :D
Thank you. :)

Taz_Zoee
07-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Gina has arrived and looks exhausted. Hopefully she can get some sleep so she can continue her search tomorrow.

dukedogsmom
07-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Wow. Very sorry to hear this. Why would her friend do this to her? I hope her cats are alright. Tell her I'm thinking about her.

chocolatepuppy
07-01-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm so glad you are safe somewhere Gina. Bless you Cindy for helping Gina out. I am still praying that your kittys are returned to you soon. {{{hugs}}}

kittycats_delight
07-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Thank you so much Cindy for being there for Gina. You are a godsend at her time of need. (((((((((((HUGS to you))))))))))))))

Dearest Gina...I hope and pray beyond all limits that you find your ark. I just can't grasp why this is happening to you. You do not deserve this and neither does your ark. Know I am thinking of you and if hoping and wishing has any weight then you will get your ark back together safe and sound before too long. Be safe dear friend.

((((((((((((((GINA))))))))))))))

Michelle & the kids

moosmom
07-01-2007, 11:09 AM
*sigh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's always SOMETHING, isn't it???

chocolatepuppy
07-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Still in my prayers Gina. Any updates?

Cinder & Smoke
07-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Gina has arrived and looks exhausted.

:confused:

Gina "arrived" at 1:30 AM Eastern STime, or 10:30 PM California Time ...

That's almost 16 Hours ago;
she's in a home with a fully functional web connection ...

WHY haven't we heard even a short Update!???

It's getting HARDER & harder to "worry" when we don't have a clue what we're
supposed to be "worrying" about.

:mad:

lizbud
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
:confused:

Gina "arrived" at 1:30 AM Eastern STime, or 10:30 PM California Time ...

That's almost 16 Hours ago;
she's in a home with a fully functional web connection ...

WHY haven't we heard even a short Update!???

It's getting HARDER & harder to "worry" when we don't have a clue what we're
supposed to be "worrying" about.

:mad:

These calamities always seem to gone on & on. Probably never know the
whole story on what happened. :(
I decided long ago to just keep Gina in my prayers every day. Seems to
be the best way to handle her endless stream of bad luck. :( I do hope
she & all her pets are safe.

chocolatepuppy
07-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I was going to post but when I saw that post, I am bummed and discouraged.. :( I knew it'd happen..

Gina pmd me this at 5:00 PM. She is ok, she has not found her cats, still searching. She is at Cindys.

Catty1
07-01-2007, 05:07 PM
These calamities always seem to gone on & on.

Gina had a 6 month absence from Pet Talk. Before then, I would have agreed with lizbud.

I did a search for posts made and started by Gina under her new screen name. I found nothing this time round that would classify as calamities.

Even this road trip has been pretty good - the car broke down and needed a thermostat. That's happened to a few people. This latest incident - how does that make everything a calamity? What does it have to do with Gina? Other than she happened to be there when it happened?

I have a feeling that if she DID post, she would be getting a light bashing over the constant drama in her life.

Edited to add quote from cp's post:
I was going to post but when I saw that post, I am bummed and discouraged.. I knew it'd happen..

SEE????

Well, after glancing over about 600 thread and post titles under her new name, I have yet to really spot any disasters or constant drama.

Have a look for yourself.

The dance threads? Fun visits on her present trip? Just feeling better and starting to get on with things?

That's just what I see, ok? I look for evidence of constant drama, and I don't see any.

You want an update from Gina? PM worked pretty well for me.

Take care, all.

Cinder & Smoke
07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
She is ok,
she has not found her cats, still searching.
She is at Cindys.

Finally, "some" news.

WHO is "Cindy", and where ARE they??

And WHERE did the Cat Disappearance happen ... where were they Taken From?

Have the Police investigated the "misssing person"??
Have the Police been told about all the missing cats??

Be great if ONE person could tell the WHOLE story.

chocolatepuppy
07-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Gina just called me and her friend who she is supposed to be staying with dissapeared leaving a suicide note. All of Ginas cats are missing. :( She called police, they can only look for her friend. She contacted a local shelter ,said no one brought a lot of cats in. She is so afraid for her cats. :( She has nowhere to go now as her friends house was where she was staying.
Hopefully her friend will be found and she will tell where the cats are. :( Please if you can, keep her and her cats in your thoughts and prayers. She says that she and Crayola are ok.

Here's the whole story post #1 Cindy is Taz_Zoee

Catty1
07-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I did get a PM from Karen saying that all the litter boxes are missing as well.

I don't know the exact town at this point. Still waiting - but I would be using it to contact a radio station there with a PSA and a few shelters as well.

SURELY someone would notice a herd of cats and their boxes somewhere. That also tells me the cats must be ok. Sure hoping.

And the police would not let Gina stay in the house, as her name isn't on the lease.

Prayers big time.

catnapper
07-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Off the top of my head, on this trip, she was struck by lightening, nearly run over by a train, and her new cat was attacked. Lets not forget about a dear friend who was arrested right before the trip. Thats just the past month and half!! this was all off the top of my head. I'm sure I either never bothered to read other trials or forgot what they might be.

Catty1
07-01-2007, 05:53 PM
*sigh*

she was struck by lightening OK, fine

nearly run over by a train Which she admitted was due to stupid behaviour on her part.

and her new cat was attacked By a cat who wasn't new and didn't know the new cat. And there were a few more posts about the cat being all better, and healing...but I guess that took the drama out.

Lets not forget about a dear friend who was arrested right before the trip. A former landlord, I think? I remember one post about that, maybe two. She and a friend were going to bail him out, which I was not a fan of, as they couldn't have known the whole story. But I am saying way more about it than she ever did.

That's not a lot out of 600 or so posts in total.

How come no one ever posts about all the good things that have happened with her? As proof that this is a hiccup and things will be good again.

People aren't as free to change if others keep slamming them back into the same cage. Makes the job a little harder.

If you go back through this thread, you will see reference to a PM or two being made. So there is knowledge behind the scenes here as well.

Anyway, that's enuf out of me.

lizbud
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Off the top of my head, on this trip, she was struck by lightening, nearly run over by a train, and her new cat was attacked. Lets not forget about a dear friend who was arrested right before the trip. Thats just the past month and half!! this was all off the top of my head. I'm sure I either never bothered to read other trials or forgot what they might be.

I don't know about others, but I generally take people at their words when
they post on PT and the constant drama is very draining for those that also
take things to heart. I wish Gina luck in the furture.

You'll hear no more from me, but I did want say Thank you for your post.

Muddy4paws
07-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Some people really aren't very nice.

I hope whatever is happening that Gina and her cats are ok and can make a safe trip home once they are reunited again.

shais_mom
07-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Some people really aren't very nice.

I hope whatever is happening that Gina and her cats are ok and can make a safe trip home once they are reunited again.
It has nothing to do with being nice. But PT has been down this road before. I don't normally post to her threads b/c I can hardly believe some of the escapades. I know some people think I'm a horrible person (and those that know me know I'm not and that is what matters to me not people I don't know) b/c I don't believe her but honestly - I'm certainly not the minority. She definately needs prayers for whatever reason posted or not.
There's no reason to *sigh* simply b/c people are questioning her - b/c that is what a LOT of people do when they read the latest. I'm not even sure if the BIBLE had this many tragedies.

Roxyluvsme13
07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I've refrained but I just had to say something at these recent comments.

I can't believe some of the things you're accusing Gina of.

You're judging a person that you don't know. (Pretty much like you do to the rest of the people here.) And it's not right whatsoever.

She came here asking for prayers, and I think we should give those accordingly.

With that, I'm done.

Gina, you are most definitely in my thoughts.

Muddy4paws
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM
shais_mom - From your posts I have always picked up that your a very straight talker and I dont think you are horrible person at all.

I understand that alot of drama has been going on and it is a bit hard to believe everything yes, Maybe Gina needs someone there to talk to, If she does have deeper problems she may need a help. Often tales are a huge call out for help.

shais_mom
07-01-2007, 06:18 PM
shais_mom - From your posts I have always picked up that your a very straight talker and I dont think you are horrible person at all.

I appreciate that more than you could know! Thank you.

I am not trying to imply she is doing intentionally either. She has stated very publically that she has some mental disorders and I think this might stem from that. But I still stand by MY opinion just as other's stand by theirs. And I still mean it when I say that she DOES need prayers.

Muddy4paws
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
I havent been too upto date with everything that happened to Gina, I try not to read into other peoples problems much because I do find it so depressing and I really dont need it right now.

How Gina got any help? I mean from someone professional? Im not saying she needs it but maybe it would do her good to have a chat with someone?

Karen
07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Finally, "some" news.

WHO is "Cindy", and where ARE they??

And WHERE did the Cat Disappearance happen ... where were they Taken From?

Have the Police investigated the "misssing person"??
Have the Police been told about all the missing cats??

Be great if ONE person could tell the WHOLE story.

Best as I know, (you've already been told Cindy=Taz_Zoee, who lives in California, in the Bay Area) Gina was camping near Lake Tahoe with Friend A. With her were the new kitty, and Crayola. The rest of her cats were being cared for by Friend B.

When Gina made it back from the camping trip, she went to stay with her Friend B. She left there to babysit for her beloved niece Emily for a few days, and then on Friday she went to Friend B's place, and found a suicidal note, and all her cats and their litter boxes were gone, as was her friend.

Gina did contact the police about the suicide note and her friend, the police are looking for Friend B. As far as I know they have not found her.

Gina is looking in local shelters and anywhere else she can think of in the area for her cats. She has not yet had any success. Hopefully the police will be successful in finding Friend B., and she can divulge where the cats are.

(Edited for clarification of timeline)

sandragonfly
07-01-2007, 08:00 PM
just .. wow.

down back to that road because of some people just don't know how to back off.

we have not updated because we haven't found my cats or my friend yet - I had nothing new to post - and cindy was keeping you posted.

staci, what you did was not very right and disrespectful. nobody should deserve any of bash words of yours any way because I wouldn't do that - if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't. horrible or not. I mean, what if this disaster is true?

by the way, I did not ask chocopup to post prayers - because I knew something like this would come up but, she offered and I thought I'd try it one more time. and I am not sure what it has to do with my mental illness - everyone has it and they just deal with it differently as I take this as expected.

it has been always hard for me to ask prayers because it's always something. what did you expected? I never felt it was fair also, because I shouldn't lived like this or to worry my friends all the time. what am I suppose to do? give you out the friend's name who was arrested publically? my auto insurance number? nobody of you had asked me for the information either. or send you pictures of all events I mentioned, even a home without cats and documentations? sorry, for and of my other events you read, this is no win-win. you can either take it or leave it, all I was hoping for the prayers and thoughtful words I can please.

even though life has been treating me so good since at the beginning of this year, except for my friend's death last february, I have never expect all of you to believe this or be supportive at least. now, for how this turned, I definitely don't see why I should post any more updates but will continue to do so via PMs for anyone wants to know and with my roadtrip thread.

again, if you don't believe or don't buy, it's not worthing a time posting in or read this thread - nothing will change or stop me from hoping for the best.

all I can say is, only if you were there.

dukedogsmom
07-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I'd like to remind a few of you here that you've posted your problems, too, and gotten support. How would you have felt if you'd been bashed for it? If you dislike someone so much, then just don't read the threads. That's what I do. Until last year, I didn't believe so many things could happen in such a short span of time. Now, I know differently. Knocking people when they're down surely doesn't help anyone. If you have a comment to this, please pm me.

Taz_Zoee
07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Well, as I've stated before I don't like posting in threads that get ugly. And I can't even believe this one went that way. But since I'm involved, here goes.
I am shaking right now. Just one thing - if you don't believe her then don't read the thread, and especially don't post. If you really need to talk to someone about it PM another member who feels the same.
Everyone has hard times in their lives, some more than others and some people deal with them better than others so they don't seem like "that big of a deal".
Gina is deaf. Can you imagine living in a world of silence?? That alone can be very scary and could definitely cause some mental stress. Having mental disorders does not make a person bad.

This morning we sat here at my computer looking up shelters and I called them to make it easier. But unfortunately most of them are closed, but I did leave messages.
Gina was able to get back into the place (which she doesn't want the location, or city posted - please respect this) this afternoon. The police are looking for the friend, but will not look for the cats. Two of the cats are on meds and the meds are/were at the house. :( This entire situation is very puzzling and I don't even truly know the WHOLE story.

All that was asked in the original post is prayers that Gina finds her cats safe. If you can't do that.....then don't.

I apologize for not posting sooner, but right after Gina left this afternoon I had to run errands and just got back on the computer. MY fault.

All I can do is exactly what I am doing....being there for Gina.

Catty1
07-01-2007, 09:04 PM
How does anyone know that she does or doesn't have a therapist?

I have had several - and that does NOT mean quick cure, or even a cure at all. Nor does medication "cure", and may not work effectively for all people.

I am sure if it was any of our business, she would tell us.

sandragonfly
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
This entire situation is very puzzling and I don't even truly know the WHOLE story.

that is for me too, but they are in touch with me. she and I have never fought since we were little - I just don't understand this either.

With all due respect, she needs the name of a good therapist.

because ... ? to tell me how I should deal with this differently or any less than who I am and give up my cats because 11 is "too much" afterall I am upset over this? no way and never.

plus, how does that will help me find my babies? what candace had said, and therapist or not, I am sure I'd appreciate some good vibes alone.

good grief, this thread is making chocopup worried to sick, and now I feel really bad for her. oh right, I'm making this up..

even though nothing in world amazes me, this simply have - the whole thing was uncalled for, although it only makes me stronger.

Roxyluvsme13
07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Curiosity, how do you all know what Gina needs and doesn't need? :rolleyes: Are you suddenly magical mind readers?

Alysser
07-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I am in a state of shock. This thread has turned into something uncalled for completely.

Tell me, what has led you NOT to believe Gina? Has she ever lied to you? Seriously, enlighten me. Some of these events may not sound believable, but I for one know, I can never judge if a person is lying over the internet unless I have evidence that is good enough. If you were not there, you will simply NEVER know. It's as simple as that. Things like in life happen, we'll have unlucky streaks, unlucky years, months, whatever. There comes a time when you will need prayers, and tell me you'll like someone telling you you need a therapist and you're lying? :rolleyes:

The nerve of hijaking someone's thread asking for support and good thoughts with such BS is amazing to me, really.

Gina, know you still have my support and alot of other people's.

Marigold2
07-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I hope things work out for everyone. Life can be very strange and people even stranger. PT is such a wonderful place and it is that way because each and everyone of us have made it that way. God bless to all.

moosmom
07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
I deleted my post about Gina needing a therapist because Karen asked me to. I still stand by my opinion.

because ... ? to tell me how I should deal with this differently or any less than who I am and give up my cats because 11 is "too much" afterall I am upset over this? no way and never.

Nowhere did I say you should give up your cats.

Cinder & Smoke
07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
"Snide comment" withdrawn - the related post I quoted has been deleted ...
my comment made no sense without the other post.

Appologies to Gina and All.

/s/ Phred

sandragonfly
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Nowhere did I say you should give up your cats.
because you're a pet talker and only we understand. this is why we pick this place and come here for love, help and prayers. sometimes I'm not so sure.

as in the bible, compared to job the guy, I have only lost three of my cats and I still have my blessings; furkids, friends, car and home and he had nothing.

guys, I am off now, there are some important things than this that needed to be done - I will reply to PMs later, tomorrow likely.

good bye for now and thank you friends.

luvofallhorses
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I am appalled that you guys would ever treat someone you don't even KNOW like this.. please don't judge Gina. She asked for prayers, not to be grilled. we've all had rough times in our lives, walk a mile in someone's shoes before you ever judge someone. Gina, please know you're in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need anything, please PM me. (((hugs)))

crow_noir
07-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Gina, you have hugs and prayers from me.

I can't believe some people had the gaul to start what they did in this thread. (Obviously they've had boring, dull lives. Or were blessed with lives with out tragedy and would never understand.) I tell you... it's put things in perspective... I've been lucky on the other forum i post to that I've never been accused of lying about all the stuff that's happened. As the phrase goes... "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all." That's how it feels sometimes.

I really hope you get some news soon.

(I personally am going to be checking here for updates. PMs irritate me and i only use them sparingly. I much prefer email or IM.)

CathyBogart
07-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I haven't responded to this before now, but Gina, you have been in my thoughts and I hope things start to go your way soon. You deserve a break, that's for certain!

G535
07-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Thinking of you too Gina and your cats, hope everything works out for all of you. :)

Husky_mom
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
It may be hard to believe that so much has happened to one person....... but donīt we all??........ I myself have had my share of things, I just donīt post about them all (not that itīs bad) and I sure would love for people to be here for me, not to kick me when Iīm down.........if those are my "friends".... why should I need enemies??

some may be skeptical, but whatever you wanna think, Gina needs help and support and if you donīt want/feel like it, let us who DO want give it to her, do, even if the situation is too much to believe (to some)........

and even if her zillion posts were all "tragedies" I will be here to support her and lend a shoulder......... and just place the other cheek if need be.......
If she shares her tragedies, shes vulnerable and needs someone to lean on not someone to stumble her....

there are several people who do post as drama queens just looking for attention, but Gina is not one of them...... might her life seem like "drama"....yes, but take a look at your own........ we each have different "dramas" and we deal with them differently..... I just ask you to not be what you would not like other persons to be with you when you need a lift up.......

Gina, I do have you in my thoughts, and will be here for you always, you can count on me........ I hope everything gets settled and your friend and beloved kitties get found safe and sound.....

Roxyluvsme13
07-02-2007, 12:46 PM
It may be hard to believe that so much has happened to one person....... but donīt we all??........ I myself have had my share of things, I just donīt post about them all (not that itīs bad) and I sure would love for people to be here for me, not to kick me when Iīm down.........if those are my "friends".... why should I need enemies??

some may be skeptical, but whatever you wanna think, Gina needs help and support and if you donīt want/feel like it, let us who DO want give it to her, do, even if the situation is too much to believe (to some)........

and even if her zillion posts were all "tragedies" I will be here to support her and lend a shoulder......... and just place the other cheek if need be.......
If she shares her tragedies, shes vulnerable and needs someone to lean on not someone to stumble her....

there are several people who do post as drama queens just looking for attention, but Gina is not one of them...... might her life seem like "drama"....yes, but take a look at your own........ we each have different "dramas" and we deal with them differently..... I just ask you to not be what you would not like other persons to be with you when you need a lift up.......

Gina, I do have you in my thoughts, and will be here for you always, you can count on me........ I hope everything gets settled and your friend and beloved kitties get found safe and sound.....
That was very well said, Isabel!

Trinityagain
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
very, VERY well said...

All fingers, toes, paws crossed here that everyone is found safe and that the friend gets the help SHE obviously needs.....

Logan
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
<grinn>

;)

As much as I respect you, comments like this and others I have witnessed, on this thread and others are totally unnecessary.
Why in the world do you guys bother to post your negative thoughts? Wouldn't it be better to just keep your thoughts to yourself?? Please!!!!!

We are members of a public group, where we get taken advantage of, at times, and have worthy causes to support, at others. I take everything at face value, these days, and I support those who claim to need it, without figuring out a way to bash them. What goes around, comes around, and frankly, I'd rather be on the side of positive support, rather than bashing all of those whose situations seem off.

Gina, my best wishes and prayers go to you and your cat family.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
(Reference: a partial Quote from a Phred post)

As much as I respect you, comments like this and others I have witnessed, on this thread and others are totally unnecessary.
Why in the world do you guys bother to post your negative thoughts? Wouldn't it be better to just keep your thoughts to yourself?? Please!!!!!

Sorry! I SHOULD have been more kind ... BUTT:

The "Quote" wasn't meant to mock the overall thread - it was in reference to a previous post that has since been deleted ... which *I* though was humorous and "Quoted" - and THEN attached my *smirking* comment. I have removed
my *smirking* remark and the old, original, partial "Quote".

I offer this "excuse" why SOME of us are appearing to become "negative" ---
It's due to our extreme FRUSTRATION after trying for YEARS to "help" with
all sorts of previous problems, illnesses, hospitalizations, sick FurKids,
homelessness, broken cars, and the list goes on ...

MANY of us have spent sleepless nights and long days trying to make "arrangements"
via phone and keyboard, we've contributed money, one Family opened their Home as a refuge ...
the "Thanks" have been few and far between ...
The "complaints" after the acts of kindness have been many. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

You're right, Logan ... we and *I* should just button our lips and Keep QUIET!
The old saw of
"If you can't say something NICE; say Nothing at all" certainly should apply here.

Sorry to ALL ~ and BEST of Luck and Good Times to Gina and the Ark!!

/s/ Phred

cassiesmom
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Gina, I hope that you, your cats, and your friend are all okay.

Taz_Zoee
07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Gina asked me to let everyone know she appreciates the thoughts and prayers. And she is trying to keep people updated via PM’s instead of posting on this thread any longer. If you have not received a PM from her, please be patient. She has limited signal and will get to them as she can.

It is my understanding and experience that Gina shows her thankfulness and gratitude to fellow PTers through not only her posts but PM's as well.

I am sure most of you can understand why she has decided to not continue to post on this thread.

Thank you.

moosmom
07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I offer this "excuse" why SOME of us are appearing to become "negative" ---
It's due to our extreme FRUSTRATION after trying for YEARS to "help" with
all sorts of previous problems, illnesses, hospitalizations, sick FurKids,
homelessness, broken cars, and the list goes on ...

MANY of us have spent sleepless nights and long days trying to make "arrangements"
via phone and keyboard, we've contributed money, one Family opened their Home as a refuge ...
the "Thanks" have been few and far between ...
The "complaints" after the acts of kindness have been many.

Well said, Phred!!! This whole scenario reminds me of the boy that cried wolf. I'm done. :rolleyes:

sandragonfly
07-02-2007, 07:02 PM
while I am catching up my PMs, and dealing with trying to get back into home plus, in a weak signal - I need to say the words are not equal to my gratitude I am feeling right now but please do know I am thankful for every of you, friends and support - they help me get through finding my cats better, and I guess that have worked! the cats are found this morning and all are okay - SO happy. again, the words can't express how much relieved I am and I could cry now. :) :)

phred, sorry you are frustrated - imagine the whole frustration and silence I face daily too? and with your help of thermostat, I have thanked you twice or thrice in our emails, even though you told me to not worry about it - sorry if it was the card you wanted. as I've stated in other thread, I respond to who correspond - nice and gently - that is as well as for people who responded in my threads, and through PMs or emails especially.

speaking of PMs, I know five of PMs that didn't came through due to my full inbox, I apologize. I have cleaned the box out - please re-send it and thank you all again for dear words, they mean a lot enough to know what this amazing place can be, loving and wonderful - one of all. ((hugs))

phesina
07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
OH, I'M SO HAPPY THE CATS HAVE BEEN FOUND!!!!!

What great news!

Pat

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2007, 07:41 PM
the cats are found this morning and all are okay -

phred ...
your help of thermostat,
I have thanked you twice or thrice in our emails,
even though you told me to not worry about it ...

Gina ~
GLAD the KatKids are "found" and well! :)

And YES, you did Quite Properly *Thank* me for helping with the Wyoming Car Fix ...
and you don't owe me a "card" or anything else.

Just TRY to be less harsh on all the OTHER Folks who've tried to help you in the past,
and those who may try to help you in the future. ;)

Now ...
How about telling all of us that were worried about the KATS -
Where and How you found them?

And HOW is your friend that was Kat-Sitting?

/s/ Phred

Kalei
07-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I just read this whole thread, and I am going to offer many prayers to Gina. I am so glad that your cats were found, where did they find them by the way? Just wonderin, were they outside or inside? I'm just glad that they are safely with you now:)

And I will keep praying now that your friend will be found and won't have commit suicide, that would be terrible.

Many hugs and prayers to both you and your friend, you have many people here who are wanting and praying for you to be okay.:)

barncat
07-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I hardly ever post unless I have knowledge that someone can use to help an animal. Life is strange. If I wrote down the things that have really filled my life, no one would believe them all, but they are true.... so be careful of judging. The d****est things do happen and sometimes over and over.

As a teacher of kids that live in extereme situations, I KNOW that sometimes it seems like one difficulty will pull in others as if there are cosmic sharks that come to the scent of vulnerability.

What harm does it do to offer positive prayers REGARDLESS of "reality"?

I seem to recall seeing Gina posting offering support to others and prayers... giving as well as taking.

Oh well, this has probably already been covered.

I'm glad the cats are safe and hope this all works out.

Blessings.

Alysser
07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm happy for you, Gina. Your new is great! :D I am so glad all the kitties were found and safe.

Roxyluvsme13
07-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Thank goodness you found the kitties.

I'm glad they're home safe with you.

K9karen
07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Thank God your kitties were found, Gina. I hope they're OK. Where were they found?? Did the police find your friend? Head Bumps of happiness. Wet nose kisses to Crayola. Take care of yourself.

Scooter's Mom
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I am so thrilled to hear the kitties were all found. I do hope they are all doing well. How is your friend - were they found also?

Try to relax and take it easy. Sounds like you could use a vacation from your vacation.

Crystal

cloverfdx
07-03-2007, 06:21 AM
I hope your friend is ok and that your cats are not put in any more danger again :(.

lbaker
07-03-2007, 07:14 AM
From past experience I would venture to say there will not be a satisfactory explanation or end of this. We will just wearily wait for the next episode, well.. some will, I for one am tired of it. Does the term "enabler" ring a bell?

cloverfdx
07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
lbaker, that is what i was thinking sadly :(.

DJFyrewolf36
07-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Having met Gina in person, its my impression that she cirtianly is NOT a drama queen...nor does she "need" a therapist. I'm impressed she deals with life as well as she does, If it were me in that postion I'll admit I'd be far less stable.

I'll only say this, if you don't want to hear it, then DON'T.

My thoughts are with you, Gina. If you have the time, PM me or Text message me and let me know how things are going.

Catty1
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Taz has also posted a lot of updates here...

It wouldn't surprise me if Gina has slept for 12 hours straight since finding the cats...and likely Taz also.

The friend might still be missing, there might be bad news, who knows.

Posting details here might not quite be their first priority, all things considered, but I expect we'll hear something soon.

hugs!

Glad to hear the good news!

Taz_Zoee
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Regarding updates, please see my post #75 in this thread.

Thank you for your support and concerns. I know Gina appreciates it. :)

Today Gina is at a surgery consultation and doesn't have good signal. She may pop in this afternoon if she can to update through PM's.

Donnaj4962
07-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I have been folowing this thread, keeping up-to-date on what has been going on, although I have not yet posted. Gina and her Ark have been in my thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be. I am so glad the furbabies have been found. I can only hope and pray for a good outcome for her friend.

This I know.... Gina LOVES her babies, every one of them. And she will go to the ends of the earth to do what she can for them. I hope she is retsing well, knowing that her Ark is safe and sound.

(((hugs))) to you Gina and your Ark.

carole
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I gave up reading at page 13,as inside i was boiling, i am ashamed to see this post turning yet again, against Gina, and shame on those who have made it this way,I would like to say, there are people who are not as fortunate as we are, and things do go wrong for them in life, constantly, i can only say i am glad i am not in their shoes,honestly where is your compassion,if you don't believe them, then don't post,your unkind thoughts are not helpful at all,and to mention someone has a mental illness, as if to insinuate that is the cause of all these problems is most unfair, there goes that stigma again,so what, many of you on PT Have suffered it to a degree of some kind, that does not make you a liar or someone who makes up stories does it?it is an illness like any other that deserves understanding and help.

Talk about kicking someone when they are at rock bottom,gosh we have all had our dramas, i had a recent spate of illness in my family ,it was just one person after another, was i making it up,no way, and i received nothing but support from PT,and i came here knowing that, let us all give Gina the benefit of the doubt and do the same, if you cannot do that, then leave her alone.

I am shocked and suprised at some of you,those who i consider dear friends, to judge Gina so harshly and be so unkind.

It just makes me so sad.

Gina I only can hope you find your dear furbabies and soon, and I am very sorry you are having to go through this with all this added stress from these comments, hold your head high girl, and remember you are truely among friends here,mostly.

Thrilled to bits you found your cats Gina,love and hugs to you.

Muddy4paws
07-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Im glad the cats have been found now. Will Gina be going home now?

Catty1
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
M4P - best way to find out is to PM Gina.

I hope to see a post from her, too, but I can understand her caution. So we'll see. :)

Muddy4paws
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I can understand too, I was putting on PM'ing her because I can imagine her pm box being flooded with messages. I'll leave it a few days then PM her.

Karen
07-03-2007, 06:30 PM
She actually cleaned it out, so you can safely PM her now. She Pm'd me so I could respond to a note she'd sent me, that's how I know!

sandragonfly
07-03-2007, 11:47 PM
we found the cats safe and sound inside a friend (of my friend)'s house. how? I'll think about PMing you, phred.

my cats, the silver guy is back with us. with all of what happened, they, especially this new fella are doing really good and I'm amazed.

my missing friend, several clues short - not found yet and I am still not allowed to go in or stay in her home without her approval. as for satisfication, there's always a PM as this is a family site.

I just responded to all PMs, glad to be in a better signal today. thank you all for your patience - hope you will not to have wait for me next time.

love and hugs,
..gina & the happy ark

Catty1
07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Gina - with everything that has happened - have you had a chance to think up a name for your silver boy yet? :)

I bet your kitties were sure glad to see you! (and you them!)

G535
07-04-2007, 01:50 AM
I gave up reading at page 13,as inside i was boiling, i am ashamed to see this post turning yet again, against Gina, and shame on those who have made it this way,I would like to say, there are people who are not as fortunate as we are, and things do go wrong for them in life, constantly, i can only say i am glad i am not in their shoes,honestly where is your compassion,if you don't believe them, then don't post,your unkind thoughts are not helpful at all,and to mention someone has a mental illness, as if to insinuate that is the cause of all these problems is most unfair, there goes that stigma again,so what, many of you on PT Have suffered it to a degree of some kind, that does not make you a liar or someone who makes up stories does it?it is an illness like any other that deserves understanding and help.

Talk about kicking someone when they are at rock bottom,gosh we have all had our dramas, i had a recent spate of illness in my family ,it was just one person after another, was i making it up,no way, and i received nothing but support from PT,and i came here knowing that, let us all give Gina the benefit of the doubt and do the same, if you cannot do that, then leave her alone.

I am shocked and suprised at some of you,those who i consider dear friends, to judge Gina so harshly and be so unkind.

It just makes me so sad.

Gina I only can hope you find your dear furbabies and soon, and I am very sorry you are having to go through this with all this added stress from these comments, hold your head high girl, and remember you are truely among friends here,mostly.

Thrilled to bits you found your cats Gina,love and hugs to you.

Carole, you said it all so much better than I ever could.

Hang in there Gina, some of us do really care! :)

Catty1
07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Jenn - JMO, but only the third quote below seems to be an honest opinion (further clarified in another post the person made).

Where is the constructive criticism in the below? :confused:

A tad of sarcasm or dismissal in the rest (accompanied or not by verbal rolling of the eyes).

Some I did not post because Gina herself posted to them, in a more restrained and classy way than others had.
*sigh* It's always SOMETHING, isn't it???

These calamities always seem to gone on & on. Probably never know the
whole story on what happened.

It has nothing to do with being nice. But PT has been down this road before. I don't normally post to her threads b/c I can hardly believe some of the escapades. I know some people think I'm a horrible person (and those that know me know I'm not and that is what matters to me not people I don't know) b/c I don't believe her but honestly - I'm certainly not the minority. She definately needs prayers for whatever reason posted or not.
There's no reason to *sigh* simply b/c people are questioning her - b/c that is what a LOT of people do when they read the latest. I'm not even sure if the BIBLE had this many tragedies.

/gasp How can you say such a thing? That is not sun-shiney =(

Another poster summed it up, and I agree:

Just one thing - if you don't believe her then don't read the thread, and especially don't post. If you really need to talk to someone about it PM another member who feels the same.