PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing Orange? / Logged in issues

crow_noir
06-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok, I'd almost be certain this would have something to do with my computer rather than board settings. The past couple days when i log in all threads are showing up as read and there are no orange pips, they're all blue.

Any way to help me see orange again?

P.S. any new posts made AFTER I log in though will turn orange.

--------------

On a separate issue that I've been wanting to ask about... Some boards have a setting on how long you wish to be logged in for. Do we have that and i just haven't seen it? I end up getting kicked off sometimes if i take too long reading something and am "idle" for too long and haven't clicked on something. (And i find it so annoying having to log back in to find all my orange gone.)

If i click "Remeber Me" how hard is it to log out? (One other board I'm on i have to clear TONES of data off of the computer to have it let me out. I don't want that happening.)

Karen
06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
It is no problem to log out whenever you want after you've said "remember me." I can do that any time I want. If you check "remember me, your machine won't log you out when you've been inactive for 15 minutes - that's the forum default. But it will keep your account logged in, which you may not want to do if you share the computer with someone else.

crow_noir
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
nope, i definitely don't want my account to stay logged in. That's what i was looking for. Thanks.
Edit: Can you change the inactivity log out for individual users? If you can would it be a problem to change mine to 45 minutes for me?

Now i just wonder what happened to those fluttery orange pips? LOL.

It is no problem to log out whenever you want after you've said "remember me." I can do that any time I want. If you check "remember me, your machine won't log you out when you've been inactive for 15 minutes - that's the forum default. But it will keep your account logged in, which you may not want to do if you share the computer with someone else.

crow_noir
07-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Well... the "orange" is working just fine today. :rolleyes: :)

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Maybe your internet cookies had a cold. :D

crow_noir
07-04-2007, 10:00 PM
:rolleyes: I never doubt anything with XP or any computer stuff for that matter.

Any tech will tell you that clicking on a page simply does NOT make the page load faster. On both my computers i've found that it DOES work to get them to "un-stick" therefore making them load faster. (I'm talking one click maybe two or three times in a minute... not clickclickclickclcikclickclickclickclcikclickclick clickclcik. ) Just because there's no scientific evidence found, doesn't mean it don't exist. I don't know where this hold more true than on computer technology. LOL.

Maybe your internet cookies had a cold. :D