PDA

View Full Version : New here, do you know what Breed?

Kasey22
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Hey everyone, im new here to the forums. My name is Kasey and I live in Florida, anyways I have two adorable cats that I rescued. [Their both brothers] A co-worker of mine took in 5 kittens, the neighbor's cat apparently got pregnant and he didnt want the kittens so he was going to put them in a trash bag, attach a brick to it and throw them in the river, so she told him she would take them. She gave away 2 females, she kept one female and she had the two boys left, I told her I would take the two boys. When I got them they were so tiny!! They since have gotten a lot bigger, they also had fleas too but after a few flea baths and some flea collars, their flea free.

Their names are Gixxer and Ninja... I have been wondering what kind of cats they are, im assuming their just mutt cats maybe? These two are something else though lol, they are very loveable and every morning my alarm goes off at 5:30 and if im not up to open the bedroom door right at 5:30 they are right out there meowing away. Their very playful, im trying to teach them not to jump on the kitchen counter, using a spray bottle, so far its worked.... but anyways, I attached a picture of each one.

:)

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Lynny05/DSC03852.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Lynny05/DSC03844.jpg

jazzcat
06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Kasey! I don't believe they are a certain breed, just domestic short hair, but they are cute!!!! Thank goodness your coworker got the kittens from the neighbor before they did such a horrible thing. I just don't understand people. Too lazy to take them to the shelter but willing to go to such extremes to kill the kittens. :mad:

Anyway, on to the bright side, bless your coworker and you for taking them in. Your boys look very healthy and happy.

My name is Lori and I have seven cats since I added two kittens I found in my backyard - you can see their pictures in my signature below. I hope you find PT as great of a place as I do. Again, welcome!

Catty1
06-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi, Lori - how wonderful for your friend to save these babies - your two are adorable! The second one looks like he has a dark Siamese tail, but he's too young for that to show up.

I wonder if your friend's neighbour would pay for spaying if your friend agreed to take her to the vet?

I hope so!

Kasey22
06-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the Welcomes ladies! Lori your cats are so cute! Mine are a lot bigger now since the two pictures I posted were taken, theyve gotten so big so fast! Right now there in their terrible Twos I call it lol, getting into everything! but they make me happy, I love it how their ALWAYS purring lol.

sirrahbed
06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Adorable kitties! I think they have a touch of siamese, too. But whatever breeds are mixed in - they are so cute. My five are in my siggy and all domestic shorthairs except for Dylan who is my long haired orangie.

Welcome :)

Jessika
06-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Hello and welcome to Pet Talk!!

The general term for "mutt" kitties are "Domestic Short Hair". And to be more specific, they are usually called by their coat color or pattern, such as a Calico, Tabby, Orangie, etc. :) Hope that helps a little bit :D

Taz_Zoee
06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Is adorable considered a breed?? :p
Welcome to PT. Fair warning........we love (and seriously demand) lots of pictures. :D ;)

catmandu
06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I think that theres a breed called Super Cuties and you have some fine examples.
As for that creep who was going to throw them in the river,I cannot imagine anyone not calling a shelter and giving those Kittens a chance at a home. To murder one of Gods Creatures is inexcusable.

Freedom
06-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Welcome to PT, Kasey! Thanks for showing off your handsome boys, and I do hope we see lots more of them. Such lucky fellas to have you enter their lives.

Good luck with keeping them off the kitchen counters. :D Let us know when you succeed with that and then let us know your secret. Mine stay off when I am looking. :rolleyes:

Sandie

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Welcome to PT Kasey!!!:D Your kittens are adorable and I look forward to hearing more about them and also seeing many more pictures of them.:) I'm owned by 6 cats (4 males and 2 females) which you can see in my avatar and signature picture.:)

K & L
06-30-2007, 08:08 AM
WELCOME!!! What a little doll baby. Hope to see and hear a lot more from you!

Kalei
06-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey, welcome to pt! It's great to meet you and your two adorable kitties.:)

Whenever I hear anything to do with killing kittens in a bag it just makes me shudder and depressed. I will never understand nor be able to comprehend how anyone could do that, anyone who has a heart. It makes me cry just thinking about it.

But I can say that I am excitedly happy that they were saved by your co-worker, and that people like you helped out by taking a kitty or two and loving them so much:)

Your two are so cute, thanks for saving them:D