PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* Temporary foster(s) needed in Oregon.

dionne
06-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Hello, I'm moving on Saturday, and need somewhere for my cats to go. My original plans had fallen through, and I am going to need somewhere for Abby and Angel to go for a month while I get my new house arranged. Abby is a neutered male, and Angel is a spayed female. I could provide you with some money, as well as their food and litter.

If anything, is there anyone out there who could at least hold onto them for a week until I can get them down to Eastern Oregon to my moms?

I am currently in Corvallis, and am willing to travel within reason to get them to you. I will only let them go to a good home, and would like to inspect the kind of arrangements being made for them.

Please reply or send an email to: [email protected]

Thanks!

Dionne

Here is Abby:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/dionne_verba/abby.png

Here is Angel:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/dionne_verba/Angelcurledface.png

And both of them in the sun! :D
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/dionne_verba/angelandabbyinthesun.png

Catty1
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Just a thought - does your vet do boarding at all? Sometimes the rates are quite reasonable.

I hope some other ideas come up here! :)

dionne
06-28-2007, 10:02 PM
The vet does do boarding, but even at 10$ dollars a day, I can't afford it. :(

Taz_Zoee
06-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Where in Oregon do you live?

dionne
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Corvallis. Between Portland and Eugene, close to Salem.

Taz_Zoee
06-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I am asking my sister, she lives in Albany. But I'm not sure if she has a limit on how many cats she can have in her apartment. Albany is only a little over 10 miles from you, right?
My sister is not answering my texts at the moment. I will let you know what she says.

dionne
06-28-2007, 10:20 PM
That would be so amazingly awesome of you. I would really appreciate it!! :D

Taz_Zoee
06-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, I hope I didn't get your hopes up (I had to pick up the phone and call her!), but she said she can't. Her apartment is too small and she worries about how her two cats would react to "strangers". She also said she'd not want to give them back. LOL :p ;) But if she had a bigger place where she could separate them she would do it in a heartbeat. She also just told me she isn't supposed to have more than two cats in her apartment.
I'm sorry. :( I hope you find someone.

dionne
06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
No worries, it's alright, I really don't want to impede on anyone or their animals. :) thanks for asking for me though.

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I wish I could but I live in PA. I hope you find someone.

Catty1
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Dionne - the place you are moving out of...is someone else moving in right away?

If not, I wonder if a student or friend would house and cat-sit for you for a week or so.

Or...a long shot...if someone is moving in right away...do they love kitties and would hang on to them for a week?

One more thought (that's all I can offer as I am in Canada) - if you know of a small moving company that might take them in their carriers even to your mom's place, that might be an option. There are cat lovers in all professions.

Hope you find a way!

dionne
06-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I am actually moving out of the place I live currently Saturday, and am going to be temporarily staying somewhere else (where I can't have Angel and Abby), for the month that my move goes through.

As far as shipping companies, I wouldn't have the first idea where to look in terms of who I could trust to get my cats there safely (it's only about 300 miles). I've heard so mant horror stories about cats & shipping cats...

Anyone have any suggestions on *trustworthy* shipping places and rates etc?

catmandu
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
We Wish That We Were Closer Asthe Found Paradise Hotel Would Be Yours No Charge For As Long As You Needed It. We Are Praying That Someone Can Help You Out.

Catty1
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
How about asking your vet and/or Humane Society about companies that transport pets?

I don't know how big your town is - and it's Friday - but a note on a few bulletin boards???

Are there people moving in right after you leave? I know it is a long shot...but I wonder if they are cat people and would lend a hand, to at least give you a few days to find someone else.

If there are pet stores and groomers in your area, ask them too, about a place for your cats to stay. They know their customers!

dionne
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Good news!

My sister has agreed to take them up to Pendleton (Oregon) to my mom's.
Apparently, she still wants me to look for someone to hang onto them for at least a week so we don't have to drive the 300 miles there and back in the same day, as tomorrow is our *complete* moving day.

So hopefully, I can find someone to do that, but if not, she's still agreed to take them up on Saturday.

:D :D :D

Catty1
06-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh good - funny, I just PM'd someone here who lives in Portland to see if they have any ideas.

But that's great! :)

dionne
06-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, if they (or someone else) could still do it for a week, I'm still open to that. I am so glad I'm not going to have to get them adopted!! :cool:

Thanks Catty & everyone else on here for your kind words and support :)

Catty1
06-29-2007, 10:18 PM
The person I PM'd is not available...hopefully something else will turn up...

dionne
07-05-2007, 01:36 PM
It's been awhile since I've been able to post an update on this situation-due to all kinds of computers and computer accessories being in boxes :P but, I had a last minute friend hang on to them who I originally didn't think about before.

I've checked on them twice a day everyday since leaving, and I guess they are doing "ok", and by "ok" I mean that they are hiding constantly except at night, and not eating very much. This makes me very sad. BUT SOON they will be back at a new home with me (plenty of new carpet and furniture to rip up for them ;) ).

Today, my sister and I are going to Corvallis (where I no longer am) and after we pick them up, we're headed up to Pendleton to take them to my mom's.

Thanks again everyone who replyed (and even those who didn't) for your kind words and support.

:)

Dionne