PDA

View Full Version : new cat

Genny
06-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Even though I have 3 cats of my own I've never posted anything on the cat forum, so HI!

A little black kitten came up to my grandparent's house a few days ago and my grandma got it and brought it inside. She doesn't like cats so this really surprised me! today she carried it to the vet. and got it some meds (it had an respiratory infection. Also it had ear mites, so I just wanted to know if you guys can send a few prayers our way for the new little girl. We would appreciate it and I know my grandma would too!!!!! thanks so much guys :)

oh, and she named her Sophie ;) ;)

Catty1
06-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Awwww...a cute kitty wins over another heart! Prayers for that little one to be healthy, and your grandmother happy with her new companion.

I am so glad she took it to the vet to get all checked out.

Welcome to you furrever home, Sophie! (Once your grandmother had named her, that was it! :D )

Kalei
06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Aw, isn't it awesome to know that someone who didn't like cats could have their heart tooken by this sweet kitten:) I'm so glad your grandma took it in and is even make sure its tooken care of health wise, what a great grandma:D

My prayers for the kitty are on their way!

Taz_Zoee
06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
That's great!! My parents just did the same thing for a dog this morning. (posted in dog general) I think things happen at a certain time for a good reason. :D

K & L
06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Good for your Grandma for taking little Sophie in! Give her my congratulations!! Maybe some pictures??

jazzcat
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way for little Sophie. Congratulations to your Grandma and what a wonderful lady she is for taking in Sophie.

My Mom never liked cats and would never let me have one growing up but about 10 years ago a stray showed up at their house and after a little convincing by me Mom and Dad took her in. Miss Kitty is still at he house keeping my Dad company now.

pitc9
06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I love it when animals turn non-pet people into pet owners! :D

Freedom
06-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi Genny, welcome to the Cat side of PT! Any pics of your kitties, or of Sophie? We LOVE photos, ya know?

Your Gram will really enjoy having a cat around, he he. Gram is in for a bit of training, I do believe! :D

momcat
06-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks and bless you, Grandma, for helping this little kitty girl. How great to know that her vet check went well.

catmandu
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Certainly the Found Cats , Porch Cats and Poofed Cats and All of Our Rainbow Bridge Angels send praise to your Grandmother for helping the helpless one.
Sophie must have some kind of charm to melt the heart of a non Cat Person.

Genny
06-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone, thankyou for the nice comments about my grandma--I'll tell her :)

I know she is definitely not a cat person, and she may never be a 'cat' person, but I think she just bonded with little Sophie. I was thinking it sure was good that she got Sophie in the house when she did, because tonight it rained long and hard! If Sophie had been outside she might have gotten too wet and died.

We went and got her a bed and a litter box; I told her I'd come over each day and help clean up after Sophie (we live right next door to each other :)

My grandma also has a pomeranian named Phoebe, and Phoebe seems to really like the kitten, so that's great too!!!!

I do have some pics of my cats, but not any of Sophie yet. I'll send you all some of mine asap :)

Genny