PDA

View Full Version : A good change in stores

Alysser
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Has anyone noticed that stores are starting to encourage not using bags or charging extra? It's because they are trying to save trees. I noticed it in Ikea. They cost $0.05 a bag, and in Timberland they have a sign saying if you don't need a bag then don't use one and they will donate $0.10 to a conservation programs. I haven't seen any other stores doing this. I guess they are starting to buckle down to really help our future enviorment. :)

Aspen and Misty
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not going to lie, here in Alaska I find that almost no stores give you bags. I dunno why, probably because the cost of buying and getting bags up here is high but you have to ask for one anywhere but at the grocery store.

I think this is a great thing that stores are doing! To many people don't care about our enviroment now a days.

Ashley

catnapper
06-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Honestly, they might tell people they're not giving out bags to protect the environment, but the TRUE reason is the financial bottom line: bags are expensive and if they don't have to give them out, they save a lot of money at the end of the year. In the meantime they can be cheap and look good by saying its because they want to protect the environment.

sparks19
06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Lots of grocery stores do it in Canada but it's not to save the environment.... it's cause they are "No frills" grocery stores. If you want a bag you have to buy them... "it helps keep the extra cost of food down"