PDA

View Full Version : my best friend

patches
01-04-2001, 10:41 PM
To make a long story short,I got a Dalmation for my 7th birthday.We have been best friends ever since.She is seven years old, and we do everything together ,and I do mean everything .When we go on trips we take our dogs,and she goes in the hotel with us and sleeps on the bed.My dad once told me if you had the choice between two body guards a weak one that would give his/her life for
you, or one who was very strong that only pertected you because he had to, which one would you want? I said, I would rather have someone that would give there life for me, because they love me,not because they are getting paid to.That is what my dog would do.She would give her life for me just because she loves me.

lhg0962
01-05-2001, 07:52 AM
Patches, you have found a perfect companion. I'm so glad your dog is such a good friend. We always had dogs when I was growing up, but I never had one that I picked out for my very own until I adopted Kaycee in 1995. Isn't it wonderful to have devoted, loving, protective pets. Congratulations on your wonderful dog and for your wonderful family that is so accepting of her. Hope you have many more years of happiness. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by lhg0962 (edited January 05, 2001).]

Genia
01-05-2001, 08:01 AM
Patches, I got my first dog when I was 5. He became my very best friend. It sounds like you have found a best friend also. Congratulations!

Sudilar
01-05-2001, 03:32 PM
Our first GSD was my son's best friend. Wolf came into our household as a puppy. When Wolf was 2, we had our son. There was some fear that Wolf would be jealous and not know how to act around a baby. However, from the minute Wolf met my son, I knew that Wolf would be his friend forever!! This 100lb. GSD was so gentle and careful around my son!! It turned out that they were best buddies. Wolf was always so watchful and protective of him. Wolf slept in my son's bed and shared his food. They were the best of friends til Wolf went on his way to Rainbow Bridge!

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

ownerof3dogs
01-05-2001, 07:09 PM
When I was born my mom had a 95 lb red Doberman named RED. He was my best friend and my first dog. We live right nest to a beach and red wouldn't let me near the water.
Because of him I love the Doberman breed

RachelJ
01-05-2001, 08:57 PM
Patches, congratulations on finding the bliss of a wonderful relationship with your dog. You have indeed been blessed. My wish for you is that you will be able to live your entire life in the company of a dog, and that all the dogs of your life be as marvelous as your first precious Dalmation.

Daisy's Mom
01-05-2001, 11:08 PM
My Daisy is my best friend too! I begged for a dog my whole life until finally when I was thirteen my mother caved when she saw Daisy. She is so special to my family... my father is very ill but she really helps him and everyone deal with it all... she's such a joy!!! What would we do without our doggies?!

tatsxxx11
01-06-2001, 05:40 AM
How wonderful that you have learned the joy of canine love, devotion and loyalty at such a young age. Like Rachel, I hope that this is only the begining of a lifetime of knowing the joy of this most unique and rewarding bond; the most beautiful of friendships. What is your Dal's name??? She sounds like a very special girl!!

Pam
01-06-2001, 08:57 AM
Daisy's Mom.....sorry to hear about your dad's illness. I really do think that animals are often little angels wrapped in furry bodies to help us humans get through life. I'm so glad you got to experience the love of a dog. I feel sorry for people who have never had pets. They have missed one of life's greatest joys!

Daisy's Mom
01-06-2001, 10:24 PM
Thanks Pam. But Daisy really does help us out, and she helps him a lot too. He just looks at her and you can see his face light up! They have a special bond, she knows that something isn't right and is nice and gentle. He is going in for a tracheotomy on Monday... I hope she will be okay when he's gone for a week, we have been wondering what will happen.

RachelJ
01-07-2001, 09:10 AM
Daisy's Mom,

Your dad will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please let him know.

Daisy's Mom
01-07-2001, 09:30 PM
Thank you so much. You guys are the best, you not only help out with pets, but any personal problems, you're here for everyone! Thank you http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Karen
01-07-2001, 10:31 PM
I am sure that while he's gone for a week, she will check every room looking for him, making sure he's not there, and then be a little subdued. When he comes home, I bet she'll be hysterically glad to see him. Can you tell I've been through similar situations, or what?

Hope all goes well with the tracheotomy, tell him not to fidget - and to bring the silliest slippers he has, so he'll at least get noticed by the staff when he's bored! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Sudilar
01-07-2001, 11:54 PM
Daisy's Mom,

I hope everything goes well with your father's surgery. I wish him a quick recovery. He will be in my thoughts.

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***