PDA

View Full Version : Meow Meow is at the vet :(

luckies4me
06-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I took him in this afternoon and he will be staying the night. They have started him on antibiotics for his abscess and tomorrow morning they will sedate him and clip and clean the wound. At the same time they will neuter him. :p Poor guy. I asked about the thing on his tail and it's not an abscess but oily secretion type sores. The doc said that after he is neutered it should go away. So send some prayers along for my little guy. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I will update tomorrow morning after I talk to the doctor. :)

Catty1
06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Prayers for little Meow Meow. He'll be home soon, after all he found you via the scenic route! :)

Looking forward to updates!

Catty1
06-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I found pictures of Meow Meow from way back - in this thread, he is helping Whiskey feel better! :)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=106752&highlight=Meow

And I attached a couple of thumbnails of Cassie and Meow Meow! (The second one won't enlarge...don't know why!)

Laura's Babies
06-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Awwwe! Soon he will be back home and feeling a lot better. We do worry about our babies and miss them when they are not at home! Get Well soon Meow-Meow!

caffeitina
06-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I hope Meow Meow feels better soon! Poor baby...all those procedures at the V-E-T can't be fun :(

lvpets2002
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
:( Aweee poor wittle Meow Meow.. Hope all goes well for you.. So you are getting your Fun Buttons Deflated.. Hey it will be ok Big Boy & you will feel much better when all is done.. Whisker Huggss & Snugglleess..

Kalei
06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Poor Meow Meow, going through so much all at once, it will be hard on him, but it definately is better to get it all done at once than to keep going back for more. I think he'd rather have it all done now:) I know I would.

Many prayers from me, the meezer, and silver tabby coming your way:)

luckies4me
06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
So you are getting your Fun Buttons Deflated..

That is too darn funny lol! I have never heard of them being referred to as fun buttons before lol. :D

I haven't heard from the vet yet, but we did just open at 9 and depending on what we had for appts this morning they may just be done with the 9's and now they are starting the 10's.

We usually start surgeries around 11 so the doctors have time to get a few done before lunch at 1. So hopefully someone will call me soon. :(

Catty1
06-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Luckies - check out lvpets "Fun Buttons" post:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=129325 :D

lvpets2002
06-28-2007, 12:21 PM
:) Hey Mr. Meow Meow I know you are prob sleeping right now after surgery, but hey you meowmom has made me feel so much better.. She says we will get so spoiled rotten after our Fun Buttons are Deflated.. I think I can relax now..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Picture006.jpg

Felicia's Mom
06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Hoping Meow Meow feels better soon; prayers being sent his way.

Donnaj4962
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Many prayers that Meow Meow is feeling better. How did the "deflation" go????

luckies4me
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Bah! They still haven't called me!!! I called about an hour ago and they said they would call me back. :rolleyes:

catmandu
06-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Our Pet Angel Visitor Squad Is Sending A Delegation To Help Meow Meow Over His Vet Visit And Help Him During These Trying Times.
We Know That He Will Be Better Soon And A Happy Healthy Cat Companion.

rg_girlca
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to Meow, Meow.

luckies4me
06-28-2007, 07:21 PM
So they didn't neuter him. They were completely swamped, and well since he's an employee pet his treatment is usually last, unless it's something life threatening. :rolleyes:

So he did get the clip and clean though, and they were able to get in there pretty deap to flush it out. I need to keep him on antibiotics for 7 to 8 days and clean his wound once a day. He goes back in two weeks for a checkup, and hopefully if he's doing ok then I can get his shots up to date. He did have a temp today of 103.4, so hopefully he will start feeling better soon. :)

rg_girlca
06-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Awww poor guy. Having a temperature would also postpone his surgery, wouldn't it.

I pray that he has a full and speedy recovery.

Catty1
06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, Meow Meow, you have a reprieve on your Fun Buttons being deflated! :D

You take your medicine and get well soon; I bet you will be a bouncing little guy in no time! :)

luckies4me
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Well he seems much better this morning. I know because everytime I walk by him he reaches out to attack me lol. :p He's been so hyper this morning.

You should have seen him chasing this fly around the house lol. Man, such a funny site. His wound looks much better today as well. :)

lvpets2002
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
:( Oh no our wittle boy was not feeling well.. Hey I hear he is feeling better today.. Us PT'rs always send great vibes for our babies to feel better with.. So glad you feel better wittle one.. Ok so Mr Meow Meow you get to keep your Fun Buttons for one more week.. :D Well you just chill out & get well Mr MeowMeow..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Picture007.jpg