PDA

View Full Version : Some healing prayers needed for Bailee.

molucass
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
My moms little dog Bailee had to have back surgery yesterday.

My mom started noticing a change in Bailee on Friday night, so she took her to the vet on Saturday morning and they discovered she had a ruptured disc in her spine. The vet told my mom that she wanted to see her back in a week to recheck her, but over the weekend she wasn't improving any despite being on steriods and muscle relaxers, so my mom took her back on Monday afternoon.

She is doing ok from her surgery. She ate a little bit this morning, which is the first she had eaten since Sunday night. But it's going to be a long recovery process and they aren't sure if she will be able to walk again, even though the vet is happy with how the surgery came out.

Here are some pics of Bailee in case anyone doesn't know who she is, or if anyone has forgotten.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Bailee04/100_0483.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Bailee04/100_0482.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Bailee04/100_0152.jpg

We would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts for her, and especially for my mom since she is having to go through this basically by herself. I would be there with her, but I'm still in SC.

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Sending loving prayers your way Bailee.

lizbud
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
She is a sweet looking pup. :) Prayers for Bailee's complete recovery.

Chilli
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I couldn't forget that pretty face. :) Good vibes are headed her way.

Ginger's Mom
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Ah poor baby girl, she will be in my prayers for a complete recovery.

Daisy and Delilah
06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers are going out to Bailee and all the family, Cori.

Kfamr
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Thinking of Bailee. :(

k9krazee
06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Good thoughts and vibes for Bailee, poor girl.

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Good thoughts being sent for Bailee! Poor girl. :(

kallisto4529
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh what a sweetheart. lots of prayers for you Bailee.

jennielynn1970
06-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Awe... what a sweet little face! Prayers on the way for Bailee.

molucass
06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone. We reallly appreciate the good thoughts and prayers for Bailee.

There still really isn't much to tell. They have been having to express her bladder and she hasn't been trying to stand up on her hind legs.
She does wag her tail when my mom goes to see her though. And this morning she actually peed by herself. So that's a good step in the right direction.
The vet said he has held her up under her belly and she does put a little weight on her hind legs, and try to move them, but she can't physically get up to stand on her own yet.

elizabethann
06-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh no! Poor Bailee. Sending good thoughts Bailee's way.

Freedom
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I think maybe doxies are prone to this. I do hope Bailee has a speedy recovery!

molucass
11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Bailee had been doing really well and was walking and playing normally until a couple days ago.. My mom noticed her sides quivering again from the pain, and noticed that Bailee didn't want to be touched or eat or anything.

She took her to the vet yesterday morning and she had another ruptured disc in her spine. They did surgery on her yesterday afternoon.

My mom went to see her this morning and she isn't using her back legs but seemed to be in good spirits.. It is just kind of one of those wait and see things again. But we will all hope for good things. Last time Bailee didn't use her legs barely at all until my mom brought her home.

Please send prayers for this sweet little girl.. The vet himself was even shocked that it happened again.

BC_MoM
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh dear, poor Bailee. :( I hope you recovery quickly, and soon!

IRescue452
11-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Poor girl. I hope she recovers fine and doesn't have anymore repeats.

Freedom
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Healing prayers for dear Bailee. And some {{hugs}} on the way for your mom.

pitc9
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh No!!

Prayers and {{HUGS}} to Bailee and you all!!

molucass
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Bailee is urinating on her own.. The vet isn't having to express her bladder this time like he did last time..

She is also putting pressure on her back legs sooner this time than she did last time... So these are all good signs.

Hopefully she will make a quick recovery.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers.

kimlovescats
11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Bailee has had another back injury and surgery. My poodle (AnnaBelle) had a ruptured disc a year and a half ago. She was paralyzed immediately from mid-back all the way down. Even though she had surgery, it was too late for her. Her spinal cord has sustained too much damage and bruising. I know it seems very difficult to have to go through this again with Bailee but it is wonderful that he has kept his feeling and continance through not one but now two accidents! I hope he will continue to improve and get through this completely again!

My doxie (Gretta) is the one we always expected to have back issues, but she is 9 years old and so far has had none. I hope it stays that way.

Kim

Lori Jordan
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry to hear about Bailee,And a prayer for quick recovery.

I watch the Animal Planet all the time,there was a show where the same kind of breed as Baillee had the same thing done,I think the pup was 7 or 8,Anyways it came through just fine,I think this is beginning to be normal for this breed?I have heard a few more people going through the same surgery with there pet.

I know you must be so worried,But in no time she will be back to her old self!

molucass
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Bailee is at home with her mom again. She is starting to walk now, but the vet said to keep it at a minimum for awhile so she doesn't aggravate her spine.

Thanks everyone for the healing thoughts and prayers. So far they seem to be working. :)

pitc9
12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm glad to hear she's back at home!