PDA

View Full Version : Ice Road Truckers

anna_66
06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Ice Road Truckers (http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=mini_home&mini_id=54692)

Has any one seen this show? All I can say is WOW! I'd never do it...way too dangerous and cold for me...for any amount of money!

RICHARD
06-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeppers,

I loved the guy with the potty in the cab.

I would never drive over any kind of frozen lake.... :eek:

Hellow
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, people even fall through the water and DIE!!! :eek:

dukedogsmom
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm, I'll have to start watching the History channel. I never watch it and this looks like a really cool (pardon the pum) show.

Catlady711
06-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Love this new show, it's great! But I can't even walk out ice fishing in 20 foot of water on 12 inches of ice and not get the willies. I couldn't do those guys job for all the money on the planet. Guess we all know now why DeBeers diamonds are so expensive huh? ;)

Glacier
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Ice roads are very common in the North. I find it interesting that they picked the diamond mine for the show. I imagine that's because those truckers are paid more. The guy hauling groceries into Tuk, NWT doesn't make nearly as much as guy hauling a loader into the mine! In places that are inaccessible except by air most of the year and where fresh milk costs five bucks a litre, ice roads are vital to the communities' survival.

I've been on several ice roads. They are a little freaky at first, but some of them are better maintained than the Alaska Highway! That said, my hubby, who will do dang near anything to make a buck, has turned down several job offers driving on ice roads as it's too dangerous even for him. Someone, usually more than one person, dies every year, usually trying to go in too early or too late.

RICHARD
05-31-2009, 12:01 AM
New season starts soon.

New drivers, including a gal!:cool:

Catlady711
05-31-2009, 09:37 PM
First episode of Season 3 was dissapointing. Hugh & Alex are on this year but we barely got to see anything about them and didn't get to see how they handle actually driving on this new road, other than the simulator that is.

From what they did show looks like maybe Hugh will have his work cut out for him if he wants to be top dog 3 seasons in a row (2 as a rookie). :eek:

aTailOf2Kitties
06-01-2009, 05:18 AM
this new season's gonna be good! I like the new location. Wonder why Hugh and Alex aren't doing the Canadian ice roads? Or maybe this is a different time of year?

happylabs
06-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Ice Road Truckers (http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=mini_home&mini_id=54692)

Has any one seen this show? All I can say is WOW! I'd never do it...way too dangerous and cold for me...for any amount of money!

I have seen it when channel surfing but never watched it. Tell me what it is about briefly. I can't access the web site here at work.

anna_66
07-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Has anyone been watching the new season?

I LOVE Lisa Kelly! She's something else for a little girl that's for sure!

Those roads are down right scary:eek:

pomtzu
07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I don't watch it on a regular basis, but I do catch it occasionally. I was floored when I saw that little girl driving one of those big rigs. She's got more baIIs than most men! :eek: :D

Hellow
07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I've watched it.

And, I think you have to be insane to drive a extremely heavy 18 wheeler over a frozen lake that moves all the time.

kuhio98
07-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm loving the new season. I hadn't watched the show before but since they are featuring the Haul Road (Dalton Highway), I got interested. I always wondered how they got all that stuff up to us in Prudhoe Bay.

I love Lisa Kelly, too!