PDA

View Full Version : Mice help.

Lou
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I have two white feeder mice and I guess they're about 2 years old now, one of them looks deathly ill.
Her spine looks very odd and she's breathing weird, she's not moving much and her eyes don't look like the normal red, I can see her fur is thinning out, too.

I just don't know what to do, I don't know if I should separate the mice for now while the one isn't doing well or if they'd want to be together, i don't know if she's just old or if she's got something, I'm just really upset and I don't know what to do and I need advice on caring for the sick one.

Babyboonie
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi Lou. I'm really sorry to hear about your mice...and unfortauntely I'd love to advise you but don't know enough about them, so wouldn't want to mis-inform you. Perhaps a trip to the vet would be best for the poorly one?

Lou
06-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think I can get to a vet right now. I don't really have money and I don't have a way of getting there at the moment.

Babyboonie
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
How about doing a search for mice illnesses? Might bring up some useful information on what signs to look for etc? Just a thought?

BitsyNaceyDog
06-28-2007, 02:57 AM
2 years is about the life-span of a mouse. I doubt he's sick. Wether or not to separate them is really up to you.