PDA

View Full Version : More weird news out of Lake Forest, Illinois

cassiesmom
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
The latest from Lake Forest --- the north suburb of Illinois that brought you the adult only beach ... heiress Estelle Walgreen, who lives in Lake Forest and owns three pot-bellied pigs, received a verdict in her favor when a court upheld the ruling made by the Lake Forest city council that she can keep them until the year 2011. The neighbors objected to the pigs being kept as pets because they are noisy and smelly. You might remember Lake Forest from about 20 years ago when Mr. T was a resident and had most of the trees on his property cut down - the neighbors had a fit about that because some of the trees were quite old and big. Maybe it's in the water up there??

sparks19
06-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe they were "special" trees if you know what I mean. WOW they are a special brew around there aren't they :D

wombat2u2004
06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I love pigs !!!! I would like to keep one in my yard, just to erk off my dog abusing neighbour. ;)
Wom

Twisterdog
06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
I would personally not like to live next door to smelly noisy pigs. Now, if the pigs live on a farm, and I buy a home next door to a pig farm, that is a different story. They I should have known, or found out, that pigs smell and squeal before I bought a house next to a pig farm. Pigs have the right-of-way in that case, I'd say. But if I lived in a nice, suburban neighborhood, and all of a sudden my neighbor gets the urge to purchase smelly, loud pigs and put them in the back yard ... I would not be happy.

As for cutting down big, old trees ... that would make me cry. I suppose from living in Wyoming, where there is one tree per 100 miles, it just breaks my heart to see a tree die, especially a big, old one. :(