PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For My Michael

catmandu
06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I NOTICED THAT MICHAEL WAS REALLY STRUGGLING TO CLIMB THE STAIRS LAST NIGHT. NATURALLY I CARRIED HIM UP.
WHEN DID YOU GET OLD MY DEAR ORANGE FRIEND?
HE WAS THE CAT OF THE FUTURE WHEN HE WAS SO YOUNG AND THE OTHER CATS WERE OLDER.
PLEASE PRAY FOR MICHAEL.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101593.jpg

jennielynn1970
06-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Awe... Sweet Michael! I'll be praying for you dear boy! Maybe it's just some arthritis setting in and some joint supplements will help him?? Can he be limited to one floor so that it's not so hard on him, or would he be stubborn and insist on going up and down stairs (like a typical cat)?

Grace
06-27-2007, 10:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/pray.gif for Michael.

cassiesmom
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Michael Dylan, sweet boy. Take good care. Your Pawpa expects to spend many more happy seasons with you, and so do we.

Purrs and head bops,
Cassie Cat and her personal servant Elyse

Pawla
06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Prayers for Michael.

K & L
06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
I just love this guy! He's in good hands during his aging years. Hang in there Michael!!

catmandu
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I WILL CALL MY VET AND SEE IF THOSE JOINT SUPPLEMENTS WOULD HELP MICHAEL.
I WILL PUT HIS FAVORITE FOOD UPSTAIRS BUT HE LOVES LYING ON THE ENCLOSED BACK PORCH SO HE WILL NEVER STAY STRICTLY UPSTAIRS.
I BROUGHT HOME K F C AND HE MAKE THOSE STAIRS IN EXCELLENT TIME.
MAYBE ITS INCENTIVES!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101726.jpg

Randi
06-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Fister and I are sending our best thoughts for Michael, he's such a gorgeous boy. Hope it's nothing serious. Has he been jumping up and down from heights a lot?

Get better sweet Michael! :)

catmandu
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I PUT THE BED WITH THE RAMP BY THE MAIN BED SO HE MIGHT USE THAT TO CLIMB UP BUT MICHAELS A TRADITIONALIST.
MAYBE IF I GOT HIM A SET OF STAIRS HE WOULD USE THOSE.
WE FORGET HOW STEEP JUMPING UP AND DOWN UNTO A BED IS FOR A CAT. IMAGINE IF WE HAD TO JUMP 6 FEET WHEN WE WANTED TO SLEEP.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/mikebed.jpg
MICHAEL ABOUT A DECADE AGO.
WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD TIMES GONE?

Anikaca77
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
My babies and I are sending our prays for Michael.

Felicia's Mom
06-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Michael is in my prayers.

Laura's Babies
06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Maybe he just slept wrong and will bounce back but will send prayers to make sure he is OK!

rosethecopycat
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Prayers for Michael.
He has you to be his legs for him, what a lucky boy.

Pawla
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I PUT THE BED WITH THE RAMP BY THE MAIN BED SO HE MIGHT USE THAT TO CLIMB UP BUT MICHAELS A TRADITIONALIST.
MAYBE IF I GOT HIM A SET OF STAIRS HE WOULD USE THOSE.
WE FORGET HOW STEEP JUMPING UP AND DOWN UNTO A BED IS FOR A CAT. IMAGINE IF WE HAD TO JUMP 6 FEET WHEN WE WANTED TO SLEEP.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/mikebed.jpg
MICHAEL ABOUT A DECADE AGO.
WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD TIMES GONE?
We got Boo some steps, and she used them immediately!

rg_girlca
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Prayers on the way for your beloved Michael.

It's so hard seeing our pets getting older.

doolittleky
06-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Prayers going up for Michael. I hate when they get old. Just doesn't seem fair.
Melissa

catmandu
06-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I AM GOING TO PETSMART AND I WILL SEE WHAT THE STEPS ARE PRICED AT AND THEN SEE IF I CAN GET A RIDE WITH THEM HOME. I WONDER IF MICHAEL WILL IGNORE THEM THE WAY HE DOES THE CAT BED WITH THAT SISAL LADDER.
MAYBE I CAN GET HIM A FOTON OR JUST BE THERE TO LIFT HIM.
HE SAYS THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/MichaelOnCatTree.jpg
UP DAD PLEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Prayers on the way for Michael from me.
I've noticed my Luke acting stiff when he first stands up after laying for a long time. He's 14 so I figure he is getting arthritis a bit.

I'm like you, I looked at him and wondered when did he get old, my sweet furry friend? :(

Prayers flying from here!

phesina
06-27-2007, 07:36 PM
We are all praying for and sending healing energies to beloved Michael.

That's good to let the vet know what is going on and see what he has to say.

Gary, the good times are not gone.. they are just different now. You and Michael still share your love with each other in the best ways you can. Every moment you and he have together is good time.

I have a nice set of steps, which were meant for Elmer to use to get up on my bed. He has mastered getting up on it on his own, so the steps are yours if you can wait the time it will take to get them to you. Let me know, and I'll send them off as soon as I can.

Pat and all the kitties

wolflady
06-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Prayers for sweet Michael. I think the steps are a great idea, and even heated pads are good for paining joints. Please keep us updated on him!

**hugs**

jenluckenbach
06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Prayers for Michael the Mild as growing older is hard on all of us. I know that you will make life as easy for him as you can.

AbbyMom
06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Prayers on the way for Michael.

Catlady711
06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I can totally sympathize with you. My Dusty is going to be 17 next month and has had arthritis since she was about 13. We've had her on Cosaquin (a glucosamine/chondroiton) since then and an additional omega 3 called Duralactin Feline Liquid. Both seem to have helped her for years. She's now currently losing her battle between severe arthritis to the point we're using experimental (on cats anyways) pain meds and she also has recently been diagnosed with late stages congestive heart failure.

I do hope your kitty can get on some supplements that will help him feel better and get around as long or longer than Dusty has. My thoughts are with you both.

rkidsrcats
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
All the Tribe are sending very special good vibes to your dearest Michael.
We are wishing for pain free joints and more KFC as a reward!

The Tribe of 7

ChrisH
06-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Prayers on the way.

Laura's Babies
06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
phesina, that is such a sweet offer and I am sure all the Found Cats will love having their own stairs! They seem to realize they have a fan club here at PT and show a lot of love for everything anyone sends them. That is so sweet of you! Those Found Cats are such lucky babies to have Gary as their human...

kb2yjx
06-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Gary, of course we will be praying for Michael and you, too! Norton(15) and Molly(14) are getting the Cosequin mixed in with their food. I think it has helped them with some stiffiness they have from time to time. Norton and Molly also enjoy their heated cat bed(well, so do ALL the Clan Cats, they take turns in it). That was so nice of phesina to offer you the steps!!

jazzcat
06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way for Michael.

Catty1
06-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Gary - you might get a better deal if you go to a hardware or lumber place (Home Depot or Rona), if you can get a ride.

They have scrap lumber, and if you know how high Michael has to climb, they might put one together for you cheap or even free!

Also, construction companies make wooden steps before the concrete ones are put in at houses....maybe one of those would work! :)

Make a phone call or two - there are good people out there and I think you will find one!

hugs! to you and dear Michael

cassiesmom
06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
He's a traditionalist. When you pick him up next, please give him an extra hug from me. Michael Dylan... you take good care of those kitty joints and use a ramp or stairs to make life easier. You can still have heaps of good times. [[[hugs for precious orangie and dad]]]

Lori Jordan
06-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear about your dear Michael.It is really hard getting old isn't it Michael?

That is a great idea making your own,There is some places here that you can get a role of left over carpet for next to nothing.

I wish you were closer i have a ton of 2x4's that would work.

Around here there are some cab companies that will deliver?Maybe you could call and see if they would be able to do something like that for you?

Best wishes!

catmandu
06-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Great News!
The Animal Welfare has a nice set of stairs donated to them and as they love Michael they are bringing them over Saturday.
Just as Michaels recovered.
Hes still slow up the staies but that might be caution as the Kitten Trio goes up at 100 MPH.
Thank You for the kind words and thoughts.
Michael and I really appreciate them a great deal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/friend2005.jpg

phesina
06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh, how nice, both that Michael is getting a set of stairs hand-delivered in a couple of days.. and that he is doing so much better now!

Wonderful news. Michael and Gary, bless you both.

Pat