PDA

View Full Version : Just my own little protest

Karen
06-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I am refusing, for the foreseeable future, to click on any story about Paris Hilton.

Why, with (just for a few examples)
A war currently ongoing
Maimed physically, mentally or both veterans returning therefrom
An immigration bill still pending and millions of people waiting for its results
Darfur
An 8-year-old murdered in Boston
The goings on in Indonesia, etc.

she gets to be the lead story of the day is simply beyond my comprehension, and I will NOT participate. Because, frankly, I do not care.

Just saying ....

DJFyrewolf36
06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
May I join your bandwagon, Karen?

Why should we care about some broad (no offense intended) that violated her probation? Happens all the time, every day...why should she get special treatment?

I think if you commit a crime, the rich and the poor should get the same punishment. But it never happens that way, sadly.

wombat2u2004
06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I am refusing, for the foreseeable future, to click on any story about Paris Hilton.

A war currently ongoing
An immigration bill still pending and millions of people waiting for its results
Darfur

she gets to be the lead story of the day is simply beyond my comprehension, and I will NOT participate. Because, frankly, I do not care.

Just saying ....

Yep...I know what you mean....stuff like that always gets the front page.
Wom

Alysser
06-26-2007, 09:35 AM
That is what I have been thinking through her whole "ordeal". I simply cannot stand when I see any star like Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton crap as the top story and after they tell you something going on in Iraq like a bombing or people dying. I always looked stunned and it seems to me to simply be a VERY cruel joke! I can tell you now I won't be staying at a Hilton or clicking on any stories involving her in some way! :rolleyes:

Pam
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Karen I couldn't agree with you more. Larry King is supposed to have her on tonight I think it is. What a waste of air time. At least I know what I won't be watching.

Catty1
06-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Not to hijack...but one of the law people involved said she did MORE time than an average person would have for the same thing, because of her being a celebrity.

And she is on probation til March 2009...I am sure they will keep an eye on her, and they have friends with the media.

I agree it doesn't deserve headlines, there's enough that needs our attention and prayers!

During WWII - that's when all those frothy films were made and the star system really took hold...to distract us homebodies from the war. I think it's time for that to change...the world has grown up a bit more since then.

lvpets2002
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM
:) I totally agree.. I cant stand to hear her name..

Rastus Gem says my ears are closed to any words about that person..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/008.jpg

I also say read my pillow if you want to pursue that person's name..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/007.jpg

gini
06-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Paris who?????;)

Randi
06-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Paris who?????;)
:D :D :D Good one!!

Karen, I'm glad to say I'm not in the least interested in her! But I guess some people don't have anything else to do, than read celebrity gossip. :rolleyes:

Catty1
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Randi, I guess there's a large section of the human race that needs Stories with Lots of Pictures. The fewer words, the better..... :p

elizabethann
06-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I'd rather read about Rastus Gem and his stuffed Bite Me toy, thank you very much. :p

Taz_Zoee
06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Well said Karen, and everyone else. My brother who has been at home lately had the TV on and after the news was over for the day they ran constant coverage on the entire thing (when they let her out after a day, or what ever). I couldn't believe he actually sat there and watched it!! :eek: But he's like there is NOTHING else on or to do!! He's sitting there trying to tell me all about it and I'm like.....I don't care!!!!!

sparks19
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Randi, I guess there's a large section of the human race that needs Stories with Lots of Pictures. The fewer words, the better..... :p

Hey.... I LIKE pictures .... they are pretty ;)

Catty1
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/photogallery/diversions/538/0/?dataPath=/photogallery/diversions/gallery_538/xml/gallery_538.xml&startImage=0
http://www.cbc.ca/photogallery/diversions/538/0/?dataPath=/photogallery/diversions/gallery_538/xml/gallery_538.xml&startImage=0

lvpets2002
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
;) Rastus Gem says thank you so much.. :p
I'd rather read about Rastus Gem and his stuffed Bite Me toy, thank you very much. :p

Cataholic
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
ACK! That kitty picture was so adorable! Bite me, indeed!!! :D

lbaker
06-26-2007, 01:09 PM
News reporter Bob Schieffer was asked if he were interested in getting an interview with her. He replied "not once" that he couldn't think of a thing he would want to ask or a thing she could have to say that would interest him :D I totally agree.

cassiesmom
06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Maureen Ryan writing in today's on line Chicago Tribune. There are so many other things happening in the world right now. I'm a little surprised that Larry King would choose Paris Hilton as a guest over others. Not only will CNN air it, but sound bytes will be all over the entertainment shows. So she's out of jail, big freakin deal.

What not to watch: Paris Hilton. Ever.

If you don't already know, Larry King is interviewing Paris Hilton 8 p.m. Wednesday on CNN. I'd insert a rant here about how unseemly it was last week to see ABC and NBC in a grotesque race to get the first post-jail interview with the famous-for-being-famous starlet, but no doubt you have a rant of your own on tap about this sorry subject.

Let’s just pretend it’s not happening – “it” being networks competing to see who can throw the most cash at a misguided celebrity for the non-story of the decade. King’s default “scoop” – the Hilton family chose Uncle Larry after being criticised for chasing ABC and NBC’s money – is one of those things that’ll prompt me to turn off the TV entirely. I’d rather sit outside and watch the fireflies than pay one iota of attention to Ms. Hilton and her preposterously unimportant saga.

Queen of Poop
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I personally think that Ms Hilton and Ms Lohan are a disgrace and are setting an extremely poor example for young women everywhere.

mugsy
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm right there with you sister Karen!! IFE! She is such a waste of oxygen anyway, other than she's beautiful (and brainless), what's the attraction? I have not read a single thing about it. I have absolutely no clue what is going on other than what people tell me. I was the same about what's her name that died and her kid has 13 different fathers...see how much I pay attention...lol

lizbud
06-26-2007, 04:26 PM

A war currently ongoing
Darfur

I am so glad you posted this. :) Take heart, you are not alone.There are
many, many others that feel the same way. The" mainstream " media has
sold their soul's in the race for ratings.

RICHARD
06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh lolololol,

I was over my mom's house right at 12 and started to channel surf...

and then there was that wacky slow speed chase across the L.A. basin...

I was kinda hoping the the SUV would have flown off the freeway....

There are two idiots in the overnight radio, John and Jeff, that were trying to
compare Princess Di to PH-how did each get to be famous and the 'road' they took......

I guess you can't teach humility to a 26 year old turd. :eek:

Pam
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I was the same about what's her name that died and her kid has 13 different fathers...see how much I pay attention...lol

Mugsy, that was Anna Nicole. I had totally forgotten about her. What another waste of air time. Who the heck cares who fathered her child. That goes for all of the hype around Britney and all the other untalented people who make it into the headlines. I would love to see some everyday folks who are accomplishing something on my evening news each night. Sadly, that will never happen. *sigh*

Daisy and Delilah
06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Karen, I couldn't agree more. It's a sad state of affairs in this country when such nonsense takes precedence over things that are so meaningful and serious. I would think the media would have taken a good look at themselves by now and realize what a disgrace they are to everyone. :( :mad: :( When will this senseless coverage stop??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

lbaker
06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
[I]"During WWII - that's when all those frothy films were made and the star system really took hold...to distract us homebodies from the war. I think it's time for that to change...the world has grown up a bit more since then."[/I This is so true, and we must remember that some people, some times, do need - even if a temporary need - to forget and escape. Unfortunate maybe true but human enough :) But I'm not watching this farce and have no intention to :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Karen, I couldn't agree more. It's a sad state of affairs in this country when such nonsense takes precedence over things that are so meaningful and serious. I would think the media would have taken a good look at themselves by now and realize what a disgrace they are to everyone. :( :mad: :( When will this senseless coverage stop??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

When will the senseless coverage stop? When people stop watching it. I cannot blame the media. They would not put this junk out there without an audience...

This is one of those Pogo moments..."We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!"

RICHARD
06-26-2007, 09:48 PM
The stick or the cartoon? :eek: :confused:

Lady's Human
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Ya know, Richard, I'm trying to picture Sara on a pogo stick......and it just ain't workin!

Hellow
06-26-2007, 10:51 PM
This applies to all stars, WHY do they make headlines and not us? I mean, our stuff is JUST as important. Im with ya, Karen. Lets boycott watching anything related to Paris Hilton. :) ESPECIALLY :mad: Paris Hilton. :mad:

Jessika
06-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I never understood what the hype was over her in the first place. What did she do to become famous again besides the "tape" and the fact that her mommy and daddy have a lot of money??

cyber-sibes
06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
She's just the "dame of the week". Now that the fuss over whats-her-face with the big boobs & the mystery-fathered baby and the other one with the shaved head is out of rehab....or is she back in?...or out again?...(can you tell I don't really pay much attentiion to the details anyway?) :rolleyes: It's unfortunate that so-called serious newspeople have become as bad as tabloid trash.

crow_noir
06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Congratulations to you and anyone that joins you.

I plain simply don't click on the links because quite frankly the topic of "Paris" bores me to death.

I think in the past year I've watched maybe two news clips about her and read one article.

Then again that's how i am with celebrity news in general anyhow. Regardless of other issues. Nor do i think (for the most part) they deserve the attention, fame, and adoration they receive.

A war currently ongoing
Darfur

Just saying ....

Pawsitive Thinking
06-27-2007, 04:45 AM
But....but.....she brings beauty and entertainment into our lives :eek:

I can't wait for her book about the whole traumatic event - will it be a "colouring in" or a "magic painting"?????

wombat2u2004
06-27-2007, 04:50 AM
But....but.....she brings beauty and entertainment into our lives :eek:

I can't wait for her book about the whole traumatic event - will it be a "colouring in" or a "magic painting"?????

I think it's going to be a pop-up book !!! Us boys can hardly wait for it !!! :eek:
Wom

AbbyMom
06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Others have joined you. From USA Today online:

Anchor refuses to read story about Paris Hilton
Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC made a statement about the Paris Hilton story.

"I'm not doing it. I'm not doing the story," she said during yesterday's Morning Joe broadcast. She refused to read the text from the teleprompter and made a big show of crumpling her script. (Later in the broadcast, she tried to burn the script and put it through a shredder.)

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/06/anchor-refuses-.html

crow_noir
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
LOL. Neat. Awesome! etc. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-29-2007, 04:05 AM

Blimey Karen! I didn't realise you were so influential :eek:

crow_noir
06-29-2007, 04:14 AM
Well, she is the Mayor after all. :D

Blimey Karen! I didn't realise you were so influential

Pawsitive Thinking
06-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VdNcCcweL0

wombat2u2004
06-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Enjoy!

**BURP**

lvpets2002
06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
:p Yup leave it to a woman to put ole PH in her place.. Just loved the video..
Enjoy!