PDA

View Full Version : New here - Who's who and what do you do

ChrisAK
07-19-2002, 02:58 PM
I just found this forum, and I think this is so cool. Let me introduce myself.

I'm Chris and I love animals. I currently live in Florida with DH and 2 wonderful german shepherds. We followed our company from Alaska to Florida and it looks like another transfer to Nevada in the real near future.

My pets names are Rio, 4.5 yr male, and Jazz, 5 yr fm. Rio has been with us since he was a whopping 12 week old pup, and Jazz is a funny rescue. We do not have children so to speak unless you consider 4-legged ones.

I am a volunteer rescue aide and am trying to learn all I can, as I plan on returning to school for veterinary studies. My friend who runs the rescue is also a breeder who is very active in AKC, is the German Shepherd Club representative for the East Coast Division and my mentor.

I hope some of my posting may be of value as I'm sure some of yours will be also. :D ;) :p

Dixie Belle
07-19-2002, 03:09 PM
Hi Chris, welcome to the board!

I work at an Ace Hardware distribution center. On the side I try to rescue animals and find new homes for them. I also try to educate people about animal cruelty and about puppy mills.

I have a full house of pets, starting with my 11 year old cat Jewel. Then there is 10 year old Blue, a dalmation; 8 year mutt, Mama; 2 year old Dixie Belle, St. Bernard; 1 year old cat, Beautiful; 1 year old ferret, Otto; almost a year old mutt, Prince; and my newest addition, 5 month old Missie Rose, a boxer.

Glad to have you aboard!!

Rottieluver45
07-19-2002, 03:09 PM
Hi! welcome to pet talk! You`ll have so much fun here!!We have a cocker spaniel and A dog!:D We don`t know what she is!

Here`s PJ (the cocker spaniel)
http://www.geocities.com/crazeegyrl14/P0000357.jpg

And Here`s Bailey (the dog)
http://www.geocities.com/crazeegyrl14/P000323g0.jpg

ramanth
07-19-2002, 03:35 PM
Hi Chris!

I'm Kimmy and I grew up with cats. When I moved out, I couldn't resist and adopted Kia, a Siberian Husky/Australian Cattle Dog.

She's my lovely baby.

I work for Thomas M. Cooley Law School as a Web Tech. :)

Welcome!

Presley
07-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Welcome. I am Melissa. I own a purebred black lab named Presley, She is now 8 months old. I also have two cats maggie and pewter. I am a manager of a quarter horse stable and i am expecting a quarter horse foal around April 25th!

Cincy'sMom
07-19-2002, 04:08 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My mane is Amy and my husband and I ( SadiesDad on PT) have two lab mixes, Sadie, a 21 mos. old lab/dalmation and Cincy, a 10 mos. old lab/? (maybe beagle) and 3 fish. I am a Biochemist for a small company where I do mostly R&D, but also some Quality Control.

Careful...this site is addictive!

mugsy
07-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the craziness called Pet Talk Chris. We have a lot of fun here and Amy is right...it's addictive.

My name is Molly and my husband Mike (Slave of 15 Dogs on Pet Talk) have, as his user name indicates, 15 rescue dogs. I am a 7th and 8th grade Social Studies teacher in Fort Wayne, IN where I have lived all my life. Mike and I would LOVE to live in Alaska so you'll have to share stories.

Our crew is: (sorry to bore the old timers! lol)

Sox 4 yo, female, Aussie/GSD mix
Tigger almost 4 yo, male Husky/Pit mix
Jasmine aka Jazzy, 3 yo,female, mantle merle Great Dane
Shawna, 5 yo, female, red tri Aussie
George, 2 yo, male, Hound mix of some sort
Serenity, 3 yo, female, Boxer/Pit mix
Billy, 4 yo, male, Beagle
DeeDee, 2 yo, female, Border Collie/small terrier mix
Vonney, 3 yo, male, Chow/either Aussie or Husky mix
Dudley, 10 yo, male, Lab/GSD mix
Sophie, 2 yo, female, Pharoah Hound/Lab mix
Daisy, 1.5 yo, female, mantle Great Dane
Jessie, 2 yo, female, Toy American Eskimo
Max, 1 yo, male, Weimaraner
Sammy, 6 month old, male, Hound mix of some sort

Again, welcome aboard, you will enjoy yourself and learn a lot.

Karen
07-19-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm Karen, just like my username, and Paul and I are the founders of the Pet of the Day family of websites, including Pet Talk! We are also the moderators here.

wolf_Q
07-19-2002, 04:50 PM
Welcome Chris! I'd love to see pics of your dogs, german shepards are one of my faves!

I'm Amy. My dogs are Reggie the schnauzer (9 years), Smokey the poodle (16 years) and I recently got a siberian husky puppy named Nebo (2 months).

I'm 18, just graduated from high school. I don't exactly have a job, but I do have a website where I do Pet Portraits (http://www.geocities.com/wolf_Q)

Hope you enjoy this forum--I know I do! :)

Crikit
07-19-2002, 06:46 PM
Hey there Chris, welcome to pettalk.

I'm Tracy, I live in Calgary Alberta and I am in charge of the magazine department for one of the stores in a national chain called Chapters.

I have 2 dogs a 2 year old male lab cross named Smudge and a 20 month old border collie named Winter.

Puffin83
07-19-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm Capablanca(Nathan, just kidding) Walters and I am a mathematician, currently working on radiation hydrodynamics and putting out a theory of fast paced pencil and paper calculus, ie: integrating time into the system by means of Monte Carlo method.

zippy-kat
07-19-2002, 07:38 PM
Hi Chris!

My name's Tonya. I'm a Pet Talk-aholic and I have been "suffering" for over 2yrs now...but I ain't quitin' any time soon, either! ;)

I'm owned by Miz Sophie the house bunnie who rules with an iron paw....parsley and carrots every morning, yougurt drops before bed, and of course many, daily ear/nose skritches, kisses, and hugs!

My other animals (though these reside at my parents' house) include:

Sassy Sara Leigh the 3yo boxer
Tinker the cat, 10 yrs
Clarice (Tinker's Momma), 12 yrs
numerous fish
and a gerbil named Oreo

Corinna
07-19-2002, 07:54 PM
I'm Corinna I have a Newfy, Lady,and a springer named Merlin. 2 cats Winky and Ebony.
I have been married to Tim for 23 years have an 20 year old daughter and a 18 year old son.
I work at a gift shop in West Glacier (Montana) I have raised and reabilitate dogs for 25 years.
Welcome Chris!

*LabLoverKEB*
07-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Chris!!! I'm sure you'll love it here!

I'm Sarah, and I have a Black Lab, named Sadie!:) ;)

Sudilar
07-19-2002, 11:08 PM
Welcome to a fellow GSD owner!!! and you're interested in rescue, too! WooHoo!

My name is Sue. I am also addicted to this site.

I am owned by two rescued GSDs:
Killian- 8yrs. old with liver disease and
Shiloh- 4 yrs. old

Logan
07-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi Chris.

I'm Logan and "mom" to one skin kid, Helen, who is 11, and the joy of my life.

I also have two Golden Retrievers, Honey and Lilly, plus two cats, Mimi and Butter, plus two Cockatiels, Roger and Milly and one precious hamster, Olivia. Currently I am babysitting Murphy, a 12 year old Lab girl, who belongs to my good friend, plus fostering a lab/Golden mix, Splash, who is still a puppy (less than a year old). Am I busy? Yes.......and weary, but I'm having fun.

I work from a home office, and make small business loans for a bank out of California. I love Pet Talk, and am so glad you're here to join us.

Logan

Pam
07-20-2002, 05:50 AM
Hi Chris and welcome to Pet Talk!. I am mom to three furkids, Bella who is a standard poodle, Trevor a BIG orange tabby cat and Andy a white kitty. I also have two skin kids, although they are all grown up now. I work for an ophthalmologist and last September became a grandmom for the very first time. :) I have been at Pet Talk for over two years now and have to warn you about the addicting nature of this site! :D

Rachel
07-20-2002, 05:59 AM
Hi Chris, I'm one of the many Rachels here and have been around for two years. (I used to post under the name RachelJ). I too work out of a home office where I manage the administrative affairs of a remodeling company. Living with me are Hannah, age 6.5, an independent strong willed cockapoo with a soft side, and Tucker, age 5, a love bug cocker spaniel. We are not sure about Tucker's age as he came to us via a shelter and another family who had him for 6 weeks. In fact tomorrow it will be 3 years to the day that he came to live with us.

Dixieland Dancer
07-20-2002, 07:19 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Chris! You will love it here. :D My name is Candy and I am fortunate to be owned by two wonderful Golden Retrievers, Dixie and Dusty. Dusty is Dixie's son. We bred her to a champion line in hopes of having a "special" pup to show in Conformation. She is from a strong Obedience and hunting line. I am currently active in showing in obedience, field and tracking with both dogs. Dusty will be shown in the conformation ring this winter when he turns 18 months old. I did not want to do puppy conformation classes with him since he is going to be shown by a professional handler and I wanted to enjoy all of his puppyhood.

We also have a DSH cat named Marty (pure black), two anoles (they look like miniature lizards), and two domesticated Mallard ducks named Donald and Daisy.

I work as a systems engineer on mainframe computers but dream of starting a doggie daycare and obedience center. Teaching obedience is my passion. I believe there are no bad dogs only bad trainers.

I am married to my best friend on the whole earth and together we have a 12 year old son who is the joy of our lives and who keeps us busy. He is a Boy Scout and we are all very active in the program. We also have a 26 year old son (hubby's son to his first marriage but has lived with us since he was six) who is a Marine currently stationed in California but being transferred in September to Japan. He was sent to Afganistan for three months after we declared war on them but is back in the states now.

Again, welcome to Pet Talk! :D

anna_66
07-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Hi & WELCOME to Pet Talk. I'm Anna & I'm owned by 3 dogs:
Angus: he's a 11 yr old Rottweiler
Roxey: she's a 1 yr old Siberian Husky &
Huney: she's our latest edition, a Chow Chow (around 1 yr old) we rescued about a month ago.

aly
07-20-2002, 12:41 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk :)

My name is Alyson. I am currently switching jobs from one no-kill shelter to another. I volunteer at the shelter and work with rescue groups on my days off. I almost constantly have foster dogs and kittens. My babies are Reece (2 yr mini Poodle/Bichon mix), Lolly (6 yr WH Fox Terrier/Dachshund/Poodle mix), and Shiloh (3 yr DMH kitty). The dogs came from the Humane Society and the cat came from a parking lot where she was about starved to death.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-20-2002, 12:41 PM
Hi Chris, my name is Jackie and I am retired and live in California with my retired Navy husband Don. We have grown children and grandchildren and two Mini Schnauzers, Miss Daisy who is black and 4 years old and Perry who is a salt and pepper and also 4 years old. Both dogs are the love of our lives right now, and we def. cater to them. lol
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Tina
07-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Opps...I meant to put I'm a proud mother of a 2 year old daugher. Not owner:rolleyes:

Dakota's Mommy
07-20-2002, 02:46 PM
Hello there! I'm a new member too but I've had knowledge of this site due to my sister (Cincy'sMom). My husband and I just moved to Texas from Ohio due to the Army and are working on getting settled in. I still haven't had a chance to get a job yet, but hopefully I'll be working soon. He surprised me last Sunday and got us a 6 weeks old Great Dane puppy. I'm working on getting pic's set up for her, but still have a little time to wait until they'll be ready. She's so adorable and is settling in just fine. Hope you really enjoy this site like I have just by seeing it with my sister.

Aspen and Misty
07-20-2002, 07:27 PM
He my name is Ashley. My pets are....

Chewy- 4 month old Australian Shepherd mixed with a westland high terrier
Teddy Bear- 10 year old pure breed Shetland sheep dog
Misty- 6 year old barn cat
Tundra- 6 year old Uno
Hoss- 1 year old Orange Tabby
Buddy- 1 year old Orange Tabby
Smokey- 1 year old Grey tabby
Melony- 6 month old Black Hooded rat
Hope- 6 month old Grey Hooded rat
Kitty- age unknown Cat fish
Guy- age unknown Oscar fish

I am a dog walker and dog sitter. Its nice to meet you. I know I am addicted to this place. Its like another home.

Albea
07-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Chris!
I'm Alicia and my house-mate is Carina, a nine-year-old Golden Retriever, my third Golden in the last 25 years.
After a long career designing sets and costumes for theatre and television and teaching design, I'm retired now. I do volunteer work for Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue. If you want to see their Web site go to: www.YGRR.org

sasvermont
07-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Hi Chris, my name is Sallyanne, also known as Sas, I am single, no kids and I live on an island in Lake Champlain between New York and Vermont. I actually live nearer NY than VT but the island is owned by Vermont.

I am an office administrator for a medium sized law firm in Burlington although my real claim to fame was working for a large firm in Philadelphia, PA until I BURNED OUT and moved to Vermont. I have lived in Vermont since 1995.

I have two Abyssinian cats, about 18 months old and I have had them since they were 16 weeks old. I love them dearly. I just recently acquired a Ragdoll kitty from Pam's (Pet Talk Pam) daughter. I sorta picked him up on my way back to Vermont from Pennsylvania back in early June. Now I have three cats and love them all.

I volunteer once an evening per week for a shelter in the Burlington area.

I too am adicted to this forum. The people here are very, very nice and lots of fun. We have our differences from time to time but that is perfectly normal! There is a great deal of love and support to be found here....as well as entertainment...and GREAT PICTURES, SO GET THAT SCANNER OR CAMERA WORKING!

WELCOME TO PET TALK CHRIS!:D

lovemymaltese
07-21-2002, 06:04 PM
Hi Chris, Welcome to Pet Talk, we are so very happy to have you. This is a fun site and the informartion gathered is so valuable. Thanks for joining us.:)

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Hi, Chris! Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is Souraya (like Mariah only with an S). I am owned by a GSD/Wolf Hybrid whom I adopted when he is was 4 months old. I am a Network Administrator and programmer for a company that build engines and welders. I am married to Andrew, my college sweetheart, who is an Army Aviation officer. I am involved in canine rescue groups, volunteer at the local shelter, and coach rowing.

ChrisAK
07-22-2002, 10:34 AM
Man, such diversity, love it. Thank you all for the warm welcome.

ps. These darn forums can be addicting.......got to go back to work.:D

K9karen
07-22-2002, 12:20 PM
HEY! Don't forget us!! Hi Chris! I'm Karen (also K9karen51 at another computer-never mind what the 51 stands for LOL!) proud, loving, lucky and doting owner of- or rather owned by- a 10 1/2 year old GR/YellowLab mix named Cody!
I work as a corporate travel agent for a huge international company for umty-ump years and was a copywriter before that.
Having been on vacation last week (Yardsville:D :D )I'm playing catch-up otherwise I would have been at the computer 24/7 (not that there's anything wrong with THAT) but saved all my enjoyable PT time for work!!! (SHHHHH!)
A warm welcome to you! I also enjoyed re-acquainting myself with everyone's autobiogaphy! I've made the best friends ever in a little over 2 years here! God Bless us Everyone!

mugsy
07-22-2002, 08:24 PM
HAH!! You're hooked already Chris!! lol I am dying for stories about Alaska....that is my dream place.

Gio
07-23-2002, 06:20 AM
I'm late but I also want to welcome you on board. My full name is Giovanna and I live in Italy. I'm in charge of DTP & Production in a brokerage house (boring I know! - but the hobbies I have make up for it).

At the moment I have the pleasure of sharing my life with three adorable cats (Prema, 4 years, Maya 5 years and Foxy, the baby of the family who is going to turn 1 tomorrow!). My biggest wish is to be able to have dogs soon.

CountryWolf07
07-23-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm late too.. but, Hi Chris! Welcome to Pet Talk! :) It's a lot of fun here and there are tons of friendly people! I'm Rachel, I'm 17, and I will be a Senior at my highschool next month. I have two dogs, a Siberian Husky - Anna who's 6 years old (I've had her since she was 2 years old, we adopted her.) and a Beagle - Rosie (since she was 8 weeks old).. :) I hope you have a GRRR-eat time here! See ya around! - Rachel

purrley
07-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Hi Chris - WELCOME:) :) :) Sorry I'm late joining the Welcome Wagon, but nonetheless, you're gonna enjoy this forum. I'm owned by 4 kitties
Spence
Frisco
Panda Bear
& Braydee

The luvs of my life!!!! ;)

Dakota's Mommy
07-28-2002, 11:58 PM
I've posted on this thread before so you've heard about me, but now here's a pic of my puppy!

Fuzzy317
07-29-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
I've posted on this thread before so you've heard about me, but now here's a pic of my puppy!

Your puppy is very cute. :)

Dakota's Mommy
07-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Thank you! She sure is a handful, but I've gotten so attached to her!

K9karen
07-29-2002, 08:20 AM
I love Dakota's bracelet!!!
What a darlin pupster!!!

TopSpoT
07-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Hey Chris,

Welcome.

I live in Mobile, Alabama. I work as an HR Assistant for an engineering company. I rescue dalmatians, am a member of ARF, and a member of dalsavers (dalsavers.com)

My crew consists of... well, you can read below and see it in my signature! Also a pic!!

Please share pics of your beauties! :)

Andie
07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Hello Chris. I'm Andie (or if you REALLY must Andrea.) I'm nineteen and I work for my Mom in a group home for the mentally handicapped. I have a (almost) 1 yr. old Pit/? Mix, Bull. Since I still live at home w/ my parents and the residents I was kind of scared to bring a Pitbull in because of their rep. (He was my 1st pit and I was misinformed). Bull is the sweetest though and now I have no problem letting him interact with the residents, I think both parties quite enjoy it. Well I guess that's all that can be said about me at the moment. Later.

delidog
07-30-2002, 11:02 PM
hi chris!!!
Better late than never, i always say!!!!!

my name is Nicole....i am owned by a 6 yr. old dal/hound mix....named Delilah....A.K.A ...The Deli Dog....of course she was rescued from the p-o-u-n-d....(ssssshhhh) can't say the "P" word too loud...she is sitting within earshot!!!
she was 4 when i got her ...and as a 70 lb. mix was on death row...she is the light of my life, and has picked up where my dear,dear Scrubber (who passed at age 19!!!) left off....he was also a mix rescue....
i am also the proud human of Ms. Puss....a calico that found me back in 94 when a house i rented seemed to come with her attached...i've moved 4 times since, and she keeps following me!!!! she is the feline love of my life!!!!! such the regal kitty!!!!!

i work as a sales manager of the home store at a federated dep't. store in Fl. called Burdines.....most people know our sister stores...macys,bloomies,richs' etc.....its' all the same animal...
have been there 14 years now.....
anyway...enough about me and my furkids....WELCOME to PET TALK!!!!!!!!
you'll love it here!!!!
everyone is great here...and we're all here for the same common thread....our pets......

LoudLou
07-31-2002, 03:02 AM
Welcome to the board Chris!

Name's Katie, but known here on the boards as LoudLou. I'm owned buy one VERY LOUD Pembroke Corgi named LOUIE... and two Meezer kitties, Mocha Bean & Garbonzo Bean.... We are Loud Louie & The Beans!

What do I do?.... What don't I do!;) :) My husband and I do Tour Itineraries for musicians and Concert Promotion/Booking/Managment..Etc...Website Design.....

Once again WELCOME ABOARD!!! They are great peole here!:D