PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Compass/Jeep Patriot

Christiansmommy
06-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Does anyone have either of these SUVS? I have the Liberty, but we are looking to buy either the 2007 Compass or the Patriot. If anyone has one of these and can tell me some pros/cons or whatever, thanks!!

BTW, I love my Liberty, but the miles are up there and the mileage isn't as good as these other 2 mentioned above.

Thanks!
Robyn

Cincy'sMom
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Ralph is sleeping now, but I'll ask him what he has heard about the two. He works for Chrysler, and spent about a year at the Jeep plant here in Toledo, where they make the Wranglers and Nitros.

jazzcat
06-25-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't have either but have looked at them. Just from looks I preferred the Patriot. Something about the Compass seemed squatty - if you know what I mean.

I've always wanted a Liberty, the Renegade package with the light bar, but when we went shopping for one we ended up getting a Grand Cherokee because I didn't like the spare being on the outside in the way on the Liberty. Also the deals were just too good on the Grand and hubby really wanted that. It's my first brand new car and I like it but I still really want the Liberty in green.

I love Jeeps. I still have my first Jeep, a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. It's my "work" vehicle because I use it haul everything.

Christiansmommy
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Cincy's mom!

Jazzcat... I do love my Liberty. She is just getting up there in miles and Jeep has some good deals right now...some cash discounts, some 0% financing and also no payments until Jan. 2008. Plus my hubby's company ( Bank of America) has employee discounts on the Jeeps...so it is just too good to pass up right now. I got a good deal on my Libby, but its time to move on :) She has all of the bells and whistles, leather, power everything, so we'll at least get power everything on the next one...

I know what you mean about the Compass. I do like how it is kinda sleeker, though. The Patriot does look more rugged and boxy...the Stone White will be my color if I get that one...with the upgraded wheels. I am still undecided...hmmm.....

jazzcat
06-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Plus my hubby's company ( Bank of America) has employee discounts on the Jeeps...so it is just too good to pass up right now.
OOH! Think he could get me a deal on my dream Liberty, LOL! It does sound like the deals are too good to pass up. Hubby wanted white too but since I didn't get a Liberty and got a Grand instead at least he let me pick the color - Khaki. By the way, I bought mine in 2005 (it's a 2005 model). It was the first year of the new Grand redesign. Some things I like and some I don't. After reading my post I realized it sounded like I just bought it.

Vela
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I had a 1993 Grand Cherokee, and did a lot of research on Jeeps again when I bought my new one a couple months ago. I ended up going with a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited, but I would recommnd between the two, going with the Patriot. The '93 is still alive and kicking, it has a new home where it is well loved. I love Jeeps, they last for a long time with proper care. My vote would be for the Patriot after everything I was reading.