PDA

View Full Version : Need a PT prayer or two

mruffruff
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
This morning somehow, two of my cats found their way out of the house.

I always close them into their room before I leave for work so the dogs can have the doggy door available. Since the cats have access to the cat pen outside all day, it works out really well.

When I counted cats this morning, I assumed all ten were either in the room or in the cat pen. (Cat number 11 is Mac, who can use the doggy door). When I check the cat pen, Nosey is ON TOP of the pen. She is petrified because of the three big dogs right under her in the next yard. She jumped down over the dogs, who of course chase her. She must be fast because the dogs came back to me right away for their daily cookies.

Shai was in the back yard, traipsing along the top of the wooden fence. No way was she interested in coming when called.

I went back inside and opened doors so they would have a way in. Back outside, I looked around the neighbors yards and under my trees. No cats. Back inside, I find Shai, my devil cat. She knew it was time for Temptations.

No sign of Nosey.

Had to go to work, so I will be trying to trap her tonight. I've been feeding 5 other cats on the front porch, so she will probably show up sooner or later. I could use a few prayers to keep her safe until she gets back home.

Pawla
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Prayers are with you. Hope you catch her! GOOD LUCK!

Karen
06-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Oh dear, prayers on the way that they both find safe hidey spots to nap and are back inside safe and sound tonight!

catmandu
06-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Our Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squads On The Scene Now And They Will Calm The Siyuation Down And Explain To Your Cats How Worried You Are And How Its In Thier Best Interest To Heed The Words Of Kansan Dorothy Gale.
Theres No Place Like Home.

jennielynn1970
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh gosh! June must be "Cats getting out of the house" month! :eek: Between my foster (still not found), my Jorgie who followed the foster, to the neighbor's cat, and others I've heard about!

C'mon Nosey, stop being so nosey, and get your tushy back in the house!!

AbbyMom
06-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Prayers on the way for her safe return to mom.

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Nosey, you need to come home now. You've been out long enough to have fun, time to come home and be safe and sound!!! :D

jazzcat
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Prayers on the way for a quick and safe return of Nosey.

moosmom
06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh boy! I'm sorry this happened. Check the perimeter of the house/building. Check every nook and cranny and hidey-hole that a cat can hide.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way for your kitty's safe return.

phesina
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Prayers and good wishes being said for Nosey-Come-Home!

Pat and cats

Freedom
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Nosey, it is time for tasty treats, come on IN!

Catty1
06-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Are your babies home yet? Surely they know where the food is!

HUGS

shais_mom
06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
prayers on the way Mary!

gini
06-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Aw, Mary, I know how worried you must be. It drives me nuts when Rascal gets outside. I hope you have good news to post for us soon.

mruffruff
06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
No sitings as of this morning. I talked to the neighbors last night and they will be on the lookout.

While I was looking for Nosey, I saw two of my other cats in the front yard. :eek:

Searched for the escape route both in the house and in the cat pen and couldn't find any openings. While I searched the house, those two same cats were in the livingroom! I thought I was halucinating.

Finally found a window that was open 3 inches. They had pushed out the screen and used it as a cat flap :rolleyes:

Window closed, all cats inside. Nosey still not home. But I did manage to trap three other cats last night. I let them go since I knew they were TNRs from February.

Nosey will show up in a couple of days when she gets hungry. I hope.

gini
06-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Well, I guess Nosey is just living up to her name...........but I hope she gets hungry soon and gets her cute bottom home!!

Medusa
06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Crafty little buggers, aren't they? Sending out the prayers to bring them safely back home.

K & L
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I sure hope you find them soon! I'll be watching for updates.

lbaker
06-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Pushed out the screen and used it as a cat flap? What nauty kitties!! Clever in their own sneaky way but REALLY you all, stop scaring dear Mary/Mom that way :(

Randi
06-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, I hope Nosey comes back soon! Could one of the other cats or dogs have scared her off? Is your area quiet?

Sending lots of positive thoughts that she'll return soon! When she gets hungry, I'm sure she'll come! :)

jennielynn1970
06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Searched for the escape route both in the house and in the cat pen and couldn't find any openings. While I searched the house, those two same cats were in the livingroom! I thought I was halucinating.

Finally found a window that was open 3 inches. They had pushed out the screen and used it as a cat flap :rolleyes:

Nosey will show up in a couple of days when she gets hungry. I hope.

Boy, do I know that feeling!!! That's what the feral did at my place, and Jorgie followed her out onto the roof and went onto the neighbor's roof!!! The feral hasn't shown back up, but this was not her home, and she was intent on getting out. Jorgie did come back in. I think he surprised himself that he was sitting outside and was being so adventurous!

mruffruff
06-27-2007, 09:11 AM
I saw Nosey sitting in front of the cat pen door this morning at 5:45 AM. As soon as I moved in her direction, she scooted across the street. I shooed all the cats inside and locked them in, then left the cat pen door open so Nosey could come home.

No luck. I have a trap on the front porch with food so she might get in that today. I'll move the trap to the pen tonight and keep the other 10 inside all night. Boy, will I be unpopular!

lbaker
06-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Unpopular with whom? Certainly not Nosey when she's home safe and sound (and fed). The others will understand [in time :rolleyes: ]. :D

jennielynn1970
06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
I saw Nosey sitting in front of the cat pen door this morning at 5:45 AM. As soon as I moved in her direction, she scooted across the street. I shooed all the cats inside and locked them in, then left the cat pen door open so Nosey could come home.

What a naughty girl she is being!!! Has she been with you long, that she wants to be outside and not inside?? You'd think that after this long outside, she'd WANT to be back in. She'd get a severe scolding from me when I got her back, and definitely would be on Privilege Denial to that pen for some time!!

RICHARD
06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Sounds like another Weapon of Mesh Destruction.
I checked to see if the Edster sent any PMs to your home outlining the way
to escape.....Nope, they figured it out on their own. :eek:

Best wishes and good luck.

rg_girlca
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Come on Nosey, come back home so your meowmie can stop worrying about you.

Good luck with your plan.

mruffruff
06-28-2007, 07:41 AM
NOSEY IS HOME!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Cats/Nosey.jpg?t=1183034868

She was crying in the front yard last night when I did a final porch check. After a lot of herding of cats to their own room, I was able to open the front door and leave it open. I enticed her with some tuna, moving the dish a few feet at a time toward the door and into the house, until she realized this was where she should be. Once she was in the livingroom, she trotted into the hall looking for her mates. Quietly and quickly I closed the door.

Phew!

Nosey has been an inside cat for almost 3 years. She allows me to pet her but not pick her up. Her twin is still not thrilled with being touched. Most of my cats are like that.

Once again, PT prayers work! Thanks, everyone :D

kb2yjx
06-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Just read this thread!! WHEW!!! Nosey gave you grief, but am sure she will make up for her behaviour!!! STAY INSIDE NOSEY!!! and be a good girl...

lbaker
06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
OH HEAVY SIGH OF RELIEF!! Naughty girl but I'm sure the others will give you a severe talking to ;) . Meowmie is just relieved to have you home little one. Thanks for letting us know Mary :cool:

gini
06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
What a lovely kitty you are Nosey! You caused your Mom some grief, but I know that she is really happy that you are home and safe and sound.

I betcha you are telling your mates all about your adventures and bragging it up a bit too.

phesina
06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh, I'm so happy!!!!!

Pet Angel Rescue Squad, once again you have done your job superbly. Thank you so much!

rg_girlca
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Good girl Nosey for coming back home safe and sound. Please don't worry your meowmie like that again.