PDA

View Full Version : I hope you Brits are OK!

Randi
06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
It seems you've had a LOT of rain and more coming: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6236348.stm - that poor guy and his family. :(

I'm not looking forward to it over here - we usualy get your weather a few days after. :eek:

Are you dry still, Karen?

Stay safe!! :)

Killearn Kitties
06-25-2007, 11:20 AM
The good news in that story you posted Randi, was "there could be some sunny spells in western Scotland"! We do seem to have had the best of what's going. We have had some rain, but generally it has been better than forecasted, and considerably better than some parts of England and Wales have had.

We were at a wedding in Glasgow on Saturday, and had been really concerned, because they had localised flooding in some parts on Friday afternoon. Saturday was dry though, and we all had a great day.

Mad Mags Moo
06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Been very very wet down in Gloucestershire but where we are we are ok :)

Randi
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
"there could be some sunny spells in western Scotland"
Yes, I noticed this too. Glad to hear you had a great day! :D

John's family is not far from Gloustershire, so I'm glad to hear you're OK. :) Hopefully it won't come this way!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I was raining really hard today, with lots of hail, and thunder. Several bushes are damaged in the garden.... :( . And there is more thunder on its way.... :eek:

boris91
06-25-2007, 01:28 PM
our garden is just about flooding here in staffordshire! aat least our ferrets are staying dry and sleeping like a baby

Whisk_Luva
06-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I am fine... we had tons of rain today and the roads were pretty much flooded this morning but its dried up a bit now.:)

Thank you for considering me and other brits though :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-04-2007, 10:18 AM
That's what we get for holding Glastonbury and Wimbledon one after the other :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
07-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Geez..........I'm glad us convicts got outa that place :D
Wom

Pawsitive Thinking
07-05-2007, 05:50 AM
So are we.......................... :D

Hellow
07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Well I am fine... we had tons of rain today and the roads were pretty much flooded this morning but its dried up a bit now.:)

Thank you for considering me and other brits though :)

Glad your ok, whisk. And im glad everyone else is ok, too.

Randi
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
We haven't seen Miss Z around for quite a while - hope she's OK!

Miss Z
07-17-2007, 06:04 AM
We haven't seen Miss Z around for quite a while - hope she's OK!

Thank you, Randi! Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I just had to say thanks for mentioning me. ;) I wasn't around for a while because, even though I was housebound by the rain which would have made the perfect opportunity to go on PT, I had a lot of coursework and other school stuff that I needed to finish off before the end of term. Now it's over I'm back!

I have my fingers crossed that the rain will start to ease now, the Royal Lancashire show was cancelled due to bad weather, and I'm hoping that the same won't happen to the Royal Welsh, as I'm due to be going there for 5 days with my friend next week!

Randi
07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Thank you, Randi! Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I just had to say thanks for mentioning me. ;)
That's perfectly OK, some of us "oldies" actually prefer old threads bumped up, rather than starting a new one with the same subject. ;)