sparks19
06-25-2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286575,00.html

Catty1
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Right On! :)

JenBKR
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
That's a relief. I do feel bad for the dry cleaners. 54 million for a pair of pants....that's just ridiculous. And the dry cleaners offered him $12,000 or something I think at some point and he said that was not enough....wow he's got nerve.....

sparks19
06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes I am definitely pleased with the outcome.....

Apparently there is also going to be a meeting about whether or not he should keep his position as a judge.

RICHARD
06-25-2007, 04:06 PM
LOLOLOLOL,

I LOVE IT!

Now that the cleaners own the pants I'd take a pair if pinking shears to them and send them back to Mr. Judge1

dukedogsmom
06-25-2007, 04:42 PM
What's really sad about this is that there even was a trial. What a waste of the court's time. He should be sued for being a moron.

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Thank goodness he did not win. If he had won I would be worried about my parents and their dry cleaners possibly falling into the same thing.

cassiesmom
06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
There's a link to this story on the online Chicago Tribune home page - I'm sure it was written with tongue squarely in cheek, but I laughed aloud anyway:

"Dry Cleaner Wins Pants Suit"

And the clothing's owner is a judge?! I think he should be relieved of his judicial duties. This is a disgrace.

Lilith Cherry
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Hopefully the court will also make him pay the dry cleaners' lawyer fees which amount to thousands of dollars .. what a greedy vindictive piece of work the man is!

Three cheers for JUSTICE :D

Catty1
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Yes, the judge will pay legal costs, and there is also a meeting being held to see if he should be removed.

wombat2u2004
06-25-2007, 09:51 PM
WHAT ????? No posts on this thread by Lizbud and Cataholic ????
Ohhhhhhhhh.......the indignity of having their shot at their rights quashed !!!!
Being an ex law student myself, I can see exactly the abuse of power that this hopefully to be EX-JUDGE tried to get away with. In the legal context there is professionalism to be considered.....and the plaintiff failed to do just that.
A good outcome !!!!!!
Wom

Laura's Babies
06-26-2007, 07:12 AM
I am glad that is over with and I know those poor people being sued are too. That whole thing was stupid! (starting with that so called "judge"!) He needs to be booted out and thrown out on his stupid arsssssss.

Cataholic
06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh.......the indignity of having their shot at their rights quashed !!!!
Being an ex law student myself, I can see exactly the abuse of power that this hopefully to be EX-JUDGE tried to get away with. In the legal context there is professionalism to be considered.....and the plaintiff failed to do just that.
A good outcome !!!!!!
Wom

Uh, Wom...maybe I was actually practicing law instead of reading PT? Just a thought...see, I went all the way through school, and have debt, and obligations to pay.... :p

While I hesitate to speak for Liz, I remain convinced that both of us were arguing for the guy's RIGHTS not the validity of the suit itself. Being a former law student (how far did you get, btw?) yourself, I am sure you recognize the distinction between a right and a chance of success.

Even a man charged with the most heinous of crimes is entitled to a defense.

wombat2u2004
06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Uh, Wom...maybe I was actually practicing law instead of reading PT? Just a thought...see, I went all the way through school, and have debt, and obligations to pay.... :p

While I hesitate to speak for Liz, I remain convinced that both of us were arguing for the guy's RIGHTS not the validity of the suit itself. Being a former law student (how far did you get, btw?) yourself, I am sure you recognize the distinction between a right and a chance of success.

Even a man charged with the most heinous of crimes is entitled to a defense.

Is that so ????? Everyone is entitled to a defence ??? Gee...I didn't
know that !!!! Well.....the next time I consider suing someone for $65mill over a pair of pants, I'll contact you. Not that you would win of course, I for one think you are not too conversant with Tort Laws. ;)
Wom

Cataholic
06-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Is that so ????? Everyone is entitled to a defence ??? Gee...I didn't
know that !!!! Well.....the next time I consider suing someone for $65mill over a pair of pants, I'll contact you. Not that you would win of course, I for one think you are not too conversant with Tort Laws. ;)
Wom

I am usually all too indulgent in those that take a stance different than mine. We all have differences of opinion. But, when it comes to attacking what you might think I know, professionally, you are all wet. You didn't graduate from law school. I did. You didn't pass the bar. I did. I practice in the area of torts, nearly exclusively. So, stand down. You know not from which you speak.

Normally, when one says they attended law school, without the word graduating in the text, it means they flunked out. Where did you say you went? And, for how long? And, why didn't you finish?

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
A good outcome !!!!!!
Wom

What a rude, mean, hurtful ...and ignorant...post.

lizbud
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
What a rude, mean, hurtful ...and ignorant...post.

Well I don't know about mean or hateful, but it is definately ignorant. :)

I'd like to know why he has such a emotional investment in this case?

If he would have hung around instead of dropping out of school, he might have been able to grasp the concept of law.

wombat2u2004
06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.....it's so nice to be on the winning side.
Ho hum.

lizbud
06-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.....it's so nice to be on the winning side.
Ho hum.

LOL :D See what I mean. Really dense, poor fella. :)